Sign in to follow this  
CSS_Hayzee

Satchels sound replacement

Hey folks...just a question...Installed Satchels sound replacement with the 1.45 upgrade.  Hosted a multiplayer game with a friend who didnt have the sound mod, and he could not join.  When he hosted the same mission, i entered for a short while (playing mission) then got kicked to desktop.  This happened upon repeated tries.  My question is this: does everyone need this mod in multiplayer if host has it??  If not, any idea why im having these problems??   After restoring original Bin folder and removing the dynamic sounds pbo from add ons, everything works great.  someone enlighten me!!

~CSS_Hayzee~

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CSS_Hayzee @ Mar. 07 2002,05:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> My question is this: does everyone need this mod in multiplayer if host has it??<span id='postcolor'>

Yes

that explains why i keep getting booted after 30 seconds in the game,, the crash is triggered when someone fires a weapon!!!

oh well, now i know what the problem is... sad.gifsad.gif

I'd like to test MP with the sound addon, so if someone using 1.46+Satchel's addon+Wright's fix would care to contact me on ICQ (912370) please do and we can test it out smile.gif I'm in England but I've got cable so even if you're in the US the ping would be bearable smile.gif

Does the dedicated server need the addon as well? If so it explains alot smile.gif

Hoz

Yes all servers and clients would need the addon smile.gif

placebo, our squad is using Satchel's sound pack but we have held off on the 1.46 patch. Still at 1.42.

We have a server and have talked about moving up, are there any problems that you have seen or come across yet? The sound pack is worth not upgrading. I checking the boards to surf for errors. We're an active squad and I would hate to make people patch up and then have to reinstall sad.gif

thanks,

I just tested server (me) with sound addon, client also with sound addon, works SUPERBLY, both of us running 1.46 with Wright's patch, about to test server with sound addon 1 client also with it 1 client without it, will report back smile.gif

Ive found that in MP, if host has the mod, anyone who doesnt have it cannot join, and if player has it and host does not, the player will be booted to desktop as soon as one of the "modified" sound files plays. Placebo, ill test it with you if you like....i emailed you...lemme know!

~CSS_Hayzee~

Yeah I discovered that too, basically it's a case of all or nothing, all with the sound mod can play perfectly, any kind of combination doesn't work, if server has the mod any without will get "modified bin timed out", if server doesn't have the mod any with will get the timed out error.....

Now I just gotta persuade Armourdave and Kingbeast to download the thing so I can keep my server sound addon only, got Hilandor to try it and now he's as hooked as me smile.gif