Sign in to follow this  
binkster

ArmAII-Mark

No it's not fake mate , if you use the Proper buildings low (not the very low version ) , it just changes the LOD models , there are less of them so they load faster for the computer , only a few buildings look low rez , but for the majority of them it looks ok really . The Proper Vegetation low is even better because it's hard to spot the difference from the vanilla trees , plants etc.. and the mod ( small difference , and it still looks good ) .

If you want i can post a screenshot when i'm in a city with the mods , it looks good IMHO , good enough to play it really smooth and feel a lot of immersion

Edited by Is1980

ya i like the veg one a lot, looks reeally good, tho im doing ok w/out it at the moment. the might be really good for low-altitude choppering ill have to try that.

i dont think its all buildings, but in that one city some of the storefronts just looked really bad, i probably just had dumb luck w/ it in that that was the first thing i noticed

can someone please explain to me how to install and run the benchmark from start to finish? I am trying to find good settings for my PC. sofar, I've turned off hyper threading and done some of the things reccomended to the shortcut link.

I have the steam version of the game, BTW

put the mission in the missions folder under the ArmA directory. Check in missions in singleplayer in game UI.

just upgraded from vista 32 bit to windows 7 64 bit and ran arma mark with a big improvement went from low 30s to high 40s.

test1 33.4918

test2 60.4438

test3 46.2748

test4 65.2884

test5 35.262

result 4815.21

cpu at 31% ram at 36%

-cpucount=4 and -nosplash also used.

Using the 1.4 patch and aint messed with my cpu its all stock.

Test1 48.87

test2 56.96

test3 51.84

test4 58

test5 18.82

OFPMark: 4691.89

What am i doing wrong? i got my i7@ almost 3.6ghz, and i have a 5850... -cpuCount=4 -nosplash in steam launch options.

I have Hyperthreading disabled...

Edited by Gabkicks

Test1 48.87

test2 56.96

test3 51.84

test4 58

test5 18.82

OFPMark: 4691.89

What am i doing wrong? i got my i7@ almost 3.6ghz, and i have a 5850... -cpuCount=4 -nosplash in steam launch options.

I have Hyperthreading disabled...

Do more than one run, second one has textures loaded from first run, maybe defrag your HDDs as well. Test 5 is your score buster and it will run better from a defragged disk.

Also try using the latest Beta patch as it has smoothed the loading out too.

The first test scores are pretty decent and it is just test 5 that lets you down.

like liquid said do at least 4-5 tests plus defrag, also what system you got windows 7 64 bit improved mine a lot. When i was running vista 32 bit i was asking the same question's as you.Hyperthreading is enabled on mine and im running at stock speed's i suppose i could get into the 5's if this hyperthreading thing is true plus with overclock.Plus dont knock your score that is a good score it dont get much higher than that.

I did 3 runs, and on the 2nd i got 5308 w/ the settings below. i score around the same w/ everything at normal. I still have to read/test to see which of these give the big performance hits, and what can be increased w/ out much of a hit. Also, i havent run w/ HT on to see if it improves or lowers my score. aaaand also i guess we're all running w/ vsynch forced on? cus i see some people have numbers over 60. I still gotta defrag my hdd and do a few other things.

e5fng2.jpg

2w3yw05.jpg

Edited by Gabkicks

yo all

I got everything on NORMAL.Only PP on low. 1680 x 1050

1. run: 3498

2. run: 3970

My spec.:

Q6600@3.2GHz@Noctua,EX38-DQ6,4GB ram,GTX 260@ssc,Win XP 32bit

second run, latest betapatch:

test one 44

two 60

three 45

four 69

five 47

OFMARK 5359

settings:

textur: very high

video: very high

filter: very high (control panel 16x)

AA: normal

landsc: low

object: high

shadow: very high

postproc:very high

t4mqb3x88cxf.jpgw9qmtg5g5g1n.jpg

why "landsc: low"

and what rez and fill rate?

your using 16xAF from the nvda 3dsettings CP?

Ah i see 1680/1050 and yes the NVDA AF @ 16.

Edited by kklownboy

the landscape regulates the radius of grass and the lowest radius give me lots of fps. The detail of object and vegetation for example has for me higher priority. :)

Edited by JumpingHubert

Configuration

> Core i7 860 @ stock

> Asus P7P55D

> G Skill 4Go 1600Mhz 7-7-7 24

> Radeon 4890 1Go (Catalyst 9.9)

> I have now Windows Seven 64 and a SSD (Falcon 64Go) ; the game is on the SSD.

Settings

> HT disabled

> Both resolutions 1680*1050

> All normal (including AA), Post-processing Low, memory very high

Result

1/ 57.93

2/ 54.94

3/ 48.84

4/ 59.23

5/ 41.39

> With same settings on Vista 64 and without SSD : 3935 => 33% better, thx SSD and Seven !

> Next step => OC my i7 860, because this game is very CPU(frequency)-dependant...

EDIT : how can I disabled Vsync with ATI? Despite disabled in ATT, Vsync is always enabled in game...

Edited by taxus

Texture - Normal

Anisotropic Filtering - Normal

Terrain Detail - Normal

Objects Detail - Normal

Shadow Detail - Normal

PostProcess Effects- Low

Resolution - 1920x1080

CPU - Qx9300 2.53 OC@3.0

RAM - 6GB DDR2 800mhz

GPU - Mobility HD 4870x2

OS - Windows Vista Home SP2

Score= 3056.31 Upgraded cpu from Q9000 to Qx9300 300+ point increase thus far with same settings. Oh, its a laptop too.

Edited by Cygnus X-1

1# Two runs in a row will improve your score since everything is already in memory.

2# People can still manipulate their CCC/Nvidia CP settings..

But if one is honest to oneself, I guess this is a good way of determining what works best for you. But comparing scores is kinda meh to be honest.

I got ~4500 first run with the settings i play with and 5330ish after some tweaking so yeah. Who cares about some numbers if the game looks like crap when you play it? =)

1# Two runs in a row will improve your score since everything is already in memory.

2# People can still manipulate their CCC/Nvidia CP settings..

But if one is honest to oneself, I guess this is a good way of determining what works best for you. But comparing scores is kinda meh to be honest.

I got ~4500 first run with the settings i play with and 5330ish after some tweaking so yeah. Who cares about some numbers if the game looks like crap when you play it? =)

We did it on normal to have a standard to figure out what specs get the highest score. Its not a contest but more of see what specs/tweaks can improve the score.

is it just mine, or does other peoples arma mark run with big black letter box bars on the top and bottom of their screen as if watching a widescreen movie on standard def tv?

i always have to restart the the arma mark to make the black bars go away

is it just mine, or does other peoples arma mark run with big black letter box bars on the top and bottom of their screen as if watching a widescreen movie on standard def tv?

i always have to restart the the arma mark to make the black bars go away

Nah, I get the same but vertical ones.

Why is it that my game seems to run a lot faster in Very High than on Normal or High?

You know, I noticed something weird.....I installed EVGA Precision tools for the over clocking and all, and it totally slowed the performance of Arma2. Actually it made it worse. Can any explain?

arma2.exe with no extensions

1680X1050

Texture Detail - Normal

Anisotropic Filtering - Normal

Terrain Detail - Normal

Objects Detail - Normal

Shadow Detail - Normal

PostProcess Effects- Low

i7 920

6gb DDR3 1600mhz

Crossfired 4890's

vista 64bit sp2

Score - 3600.

(my score was 36** but print screen just caught a black screen and my task bar :\)

Above is my old score. Below is my new score with the same hardware.

i7 920 OC'd to 4.0Ghz

6GB DDR3 running at 1523Mhz 8-8-7-24

NEW crossfired 4890's. no oc. My previous pair were a bad batch.

win 7 64bit (previous test was vista 64)

arma22010-04-0521-19-11-53.jpg

score: 3919.

Why is it that my game seems to run a lot faster in Very High than on Normal or High?

What's your setup? Bottleneck in your system, most likely to be the CPU. If you turn off all the GPU-stressing settings, your CPU will take all the load.

Same scenario as with 1024x1024 vs 19x12 resolutions. Think of it as software vs. hardware acceleration modes in some older games. :D