Sign in to follow this  
Cobra8472

ArmA II: SLi Tip (Massive FPS gain)

in the nVidia control panel, force alternate frame rendering 2.

Both the auto, SFR and AFR 1 settings were giving me shit performance, AFR 2 works flawlessly, however I do seem to get hit with strange flickering (due to HDR/bloom it seems like) sometimes. Still however, much better.

Just a question.

I currently own a 8800GT 512MB if I upgrade to a GTX260 896MB, just 1 not SLi.

Will I see a great increase in performance?

What driver version are you using? I am using 185.85 and seeing no increase in performance in SLI mode, regardless of whether I use AFR or SFR.

- dRb

Are you running Windows7, I as getting the strange flickering in that, but under XP I havent had it yet, AFR2 was definitley the best one to use but, after doing some benchmarks a little while ago I was only really seeing about 3-5 frame difference. The wierd thing is as well when running SLI you cant run triple buffering and V-sync but it appears that it is running so im not sure SLI is actually working correctly. Is it official supported in ArmA2, I read some places saying it was some saying it wasnt so im still not sure?

Ok Just saw this thread http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73470 and renaming the .exe to crysis got it running perfectly bang on 60fps now, so much better!

Edited by scottw

DrBobcat; I too am using 185.85.

Switching from AFR 1 to AFR 2 gave me about an extra 40 fps when running around on Chernagorsk.

I think the Crysis profile included in the nVidia drivers switches the drivers to AFR2, which is why people are getting massive performance increases. I guess I stumbled upon the cause! :)

Just a question.

I currently own a 8800GT 512MB if I upgrade to a GTX260 896MB, just 1 not SLi.

Will I see a great increase in performance?

Depends on what cpu you are running also?

In the main you may see another 5-10fps is all