Sign in to follow this  
telejunky

Chernarus: South Zagoria 13718x13716

Hey folks,

I remember back in the days of Armed Assault where someone released a huge map of Sahrani and a week ago i started to make Chernarus, rather South Zagoria more printable :)

So here is the final one with over 290 pictures taken from the editor...I compressed them with the best settings aviable for jpg to give you the most possible experience with such huge printed map :yay:

There are three versions aviable:

High Quality 13718x13716 94,6 MB

Medium Quality 8000x7999 38,2 MB

Low Quality 4000x4000 11,0 MB

Download can be found here or just click the picture below:

Edit: So everything works great now :) Yes, acutally its offivcial that South Zagoria is the northern province of Chernarus http://arma2base.de/content/images/Insel1.jpg :)

chernarus_south-zagoriathumb.jpg

Edited by telejunky

Cool, but I cannot download? No download pops up, and I click on the downlod links i tried all.

D/load works for me! :)

Try the one top centre 'download starten' ?

all links point to the same file 95Mb version.

I fixed the download immediately :) Try the ones above the image for the different versions :) Its a shame the you can only download with one button one file with phpkit. I think the different mirrors calling "arma2base.de" right below the "Downloadserver" are the same like i did with the quality listing, beginning with hq and the last is the smallest version :)

Yeah, the ones above the picture dont work for me, the "Download Starten" one worked.

Where did you get "South Zagoria" from? Actually, it should be "South Zagorie", since Zagorie means "Past the Mountains" or "Over the Mountains".

Thanks, the download links worked for me now! :)

ADDED: The map is nice! Thanks again!

Edited by Nicholas

What do you think is the best format of printing the map? A2 or is A3 big enough? I remember that someone printed it and laminated it so he can use it as a desk pad :)

What do you think is the best format of printing the map? A2 or is A3 big enough? I remember that someone printed it and laminated it so he can use it as a desk pad :)

Sounds like a crazy fool to me! :rolleyes:

_EAS0008-vi.jpg

The sizes we use for briefing and AAR:

2442992748_17ae961c2c_m.jpg

Full size

The left map of Everon is actually hand drawn :)

I think our latest OFP coop campaign on Sarugao (addon map) we used an even bigger map.

Due to problems with multiplayer mission design (JIP nightmares), we never got to play any such events using Arma1 (although some of these players showed up to this semi thing where we played a highly modified version of Domination). Hopefully we will for Arma2. Best days of my life, hehe :)

Edited by CarlGustaffa

I remember back in the days of Armed Assault where someone released a huge map of Sahrani and a week ago I started to make Chernarus, rather South Zagoria more printable.

So here is the final one with over 290 pictures taken from the editor...

Awesome work! Thanks for sharing it. We'll need to create a 'Chernarus' BIKI entry with a 'South Zagoria' sub-section and add this link there too.

Several people did various Sahrani maps now found on BIKI. (Having done Sahrani using 400 screenshots, I remember how much work was involved working with a final image of 900mb.) Well done getting it done so quickly.

Telejunky, any chance of a Takistan version? I had a special print made of your Chernarus one that hangs on my wall. It's just crying out to be paired with a Takistan one. :)

Here you are, one of Takistan. I hear you can make them by holding shift and pressing the - key on numpad, not sure if that's true or not as I haven't tried it.

Here you are, one of Takistan. I hear you can make them by holding shift and pressing the - key on numpad, not sure if that's true or not as I haven't tried it.

Thanks for that. I already have that one - it's created by left shift and numpad minus, then typing topography.

Thing is, that doesn't have town names or runways on it, Telejunkys version does.

Uh... I remember making that huge Sahrani Map... it took literally hours to make it. I never knew anyone actually printed it. :D

Here's the ol' thread of Sahrani High-Res from astonishing 3 years ago...

Telejunky, any chance of a Takistan version? I had a special print made of your Chernarus one that hangs on my wall. It's just crying out to be paired with a Takistan one. :)

Hey Tanky, my trusty Team Alpha Leader... didn't you of all people get a BIS goody bag for actually BEING the Chernarus Rhapsody project? :D ;)... mine just arrived and has a decent sized fold out map of Chernarus! Deeply cool! (labelled "Chernarus: Northern Province), and with a bonus Takistan map on the other side...

I'm guessing this is one of the "Sprocket Free Gifts"... BIS should sell them mail-order or something... it's not laminated but its good quality, decent size, with all the details, a symbols legend panel... I'd certainly be ordering one if they were available (and I hadn't won a freebie!)...

B

Ah Bushie, my wonder medic, Merlin cabin occupant counter and leg rubber! :D

Yes, it arrived yesterday. I opened the map, saw Chernarus, thought, "that's a shame, was hoping for Takistan", then in mumble, Rock said, "Turn it over you numpty!" lol

So, I've got a topography map as described earlier, I just need to copy the names and runways onto it and we're good to go.

PS, Taki TvT coming along, just tidying the base and making the AI into Takis and we're good to go testing.

OK, I'm making the Takistan one now. Topography plus runways and town names, plus the valleys and regions named. It'll be 12801 pixels square.

I'll have it finished on Friday, hopefully.