Sign in to follow this  
MulleDK19

Multi-grouping!

Searched, found nothing...

I missed this in OFP, I missed this in ArmA and I'm missing this in ArmA 2.

Am I missing it, or is there just no way to group multiple units at once?

It takes forever to group 30 units to a squad leader, because you have to drag a line from each and every unit.

I've tried dragging the line while holding shift, control, alt, and even all possible combinations of those.

It's really annoying.

I already suggested this in ArmA 2 Suggestion 1.02 patch thread....

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1296001&postcount=9

I have a suggestion: The ability to Group Multiple units at the same time by selecting which ones you want. I hate when I place certain units around and I have t ogroup them individually and I just can't select them and group multiple units at once by selecting with Ctrl+Click

Since synchronisation is now very much more important than before, I think that might also benefit from a mult-syncing ability.

I don't think it is close to an important feature though, so I'd ask for it around 1.04, if not later (plenty of critical bugs to deal with for 1.01 and 1.02, if not further).

I don't think it is close to an important feature though, so I'd ask for it around 1.04, if not later (plenty of critical bugs to deal with for 1.01 and 1.02, if not further).

lol, you're asking BIS to release more patches than what could be necessary? rofl.

Huh? Asking BIS to release more patches than could be necessary? OFP got to 1.96 and Arma got to 1.16 (and is still going, since last release is beta). If you think that Arma 2 won't get patched up to at least 1.10, then you are a crazy banana :yay:

It takes forever to group 30 units to a squad leader, because you have to drag a line from each and every unit.

Yikes, what kind of 'squad' are you building? Sounds more like a small platoon than a squad.

Yikes, what kind of 'squad' are you building? Sounds more like a small platoon than a squad.

Some of us actually place more than 5 units in a whole map >.>

Huh? Asking BIS to release more patches than could be necessary? OFP got to 1.96 and Arma got to 1.16 (and is still going, since last release is beta). If you think that Arma 2 won't get patched up to at least 1.10, then you are a crazy banana :yay:

You want them to make at least 4 patches when they could do with 3.

Massive player squads are necessary in OFP/Arma1 if you want to have control over more than a few people, in spite of the fact that having more than a fireteam is unwieldy and more than the magic 10 (so you have multiple screens) is approching meltdown. This sort of structure is obsolete in A2 with HC module, so who cares?

And yes, I think more small patches is significantly better than a few large ones. I'll even go so far as to have massively more tiny patches, but you need a distribution system like Steam to make that feasible. This wasn't my original point though.