gimpymoo

ARMA2 & OA's Steam Thread: All Steam Q's/discussions go here [covered by Dwarden]

make sure you exit STEAM client, then start it via "run as administrator" (right mouse button menu on the icon)

then run OA then the DLC installers

I've been playing ARMA II OA for quite some time now, however with the recent patch I encountered a problem which consisted of myself and another friend not being able to create multiplayer games without our games freezing. I have seen two other posts about this but haven't seen anyone post a fix. Anyone know anything about this?

When I'm trying to back up a game (Steam), I get only 10mb file of it! Does anyone had similar problem, and solved?

Hey guys

just brought the DLCs just now off steam and tried to run them but Datacachepreprocessor.exe and it wont startup, on all of them not even a nofication it will only retry twice then say in the steam dialouge "The game is currently unavailable" im really starting to blow my fuse. its like you have being waiting for something for ages and when you get there there is nothing.

can anyone help me with this or refer me?

Edited by sammy66

Steam discussions are full of people who got the following problem:

You install Operation Arrowhead,Steam lets you start the game but once you close steam and relog,the game has to be downloaded again (the files remain on your hdd).

Facing the same problem,i thought that starting Steam as admin fixed this issue (as suggested in the discussions) but it didn`t.

Anyone got a solution for that?

I'll just add my mess to the lot and see if anyone knows what can be done about it.

So after the great GameSpy collapse, I've reinstalled A2 and Aoa through steam (I used to enjoy the retail version). That's all fine and dandy, everything loads as it should and I can start either A2 or Aoa without problems. SP works fine.

But.

Once I click the multiplayer tab from the main menu, everything seizes, frozen with the main menu still on screen and the multiplayer tab highlighted. If I wait for a full five minutes or so without touching anything, the server lobby coughs into life and everything then runs happily again. Touching things tends to grey it all out and gives me a non responsive mark on the task manager. If I go back to the main menu and reclick the multiplayer tab I have to go through the whole debacle again.

Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix it?

I have tried everything but I still recieve the message when launching arma 2 OA and joining dayz servers, please help!

I would also like to add that it was working perfectly last night, and now all of a sudden I get this message : PICTURE ca/ui/data/logo_arma2pmc_ca paa cannot be found and the game closes.

thanks

- Jarrod

I cannot host multiplayer games either. I have ports 2302 to 2305 (TCP and UDP) open and my friend cannot see my game (and viceversa). Trying to connect directly through the Steam invitation system results in "server not responding" message.

My ISP (Movistar, Spain) assures that they are not blocking the ports.

Any idea???

Note: We can join to other servers on the public list, with good pings. The problem is at the moment of hosting a game. Both firewall and antivirus are disabled for testing, to no avail.

Edited by kanotson

Ok, I just bought the dig download of ArmA3 from BI. Can I re download it to a new computer later if I use the redeem code and download it now? I plan to change my CPU in a few weeks but I don't want to wait that long to play.

Ok, I just bought the dig download of ArmA3 from BI. Can I re download it to a new computer later if I use the redeem code and download it now? I plan to change my CPU in a few weeks but I don't want to wait that long to play.

yeah, steam remembers your account and so long as you can verify it by email, it will allow you to log in to your steam account from any computer.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

I cannot host multiplayer games either. I have ports 2302 to 2305 (TCP and UDP) open and my friend cannot see my game (and viceversa). Trying to connect directly through the Steam invitation system results in "server not responding" message.

My ISP (Movistar, Spain) assures that they are not blocking the ports.

Any idea???

Note: We can join to other servers on the public list, with good pings. The problem is at the moment of hosting a game. Both firewall and antivirus are disabled for testing, to no avail.

could be a steam port setting is missing from your server.cfg

on our dedi box, after patch I needed to update some of their files and add these to the two different server configs, as they were both trying to use the same default ports

steamport=4311;

steamqueryport=4312;

steamport=4301;

steamqueryport=4302;

Hi,

if I update to 1.63 (which seems to be recommandable because a lot of bugs have been fixed) can I nevertheless ignore Steam completely and play with the website Bohemia created to find other gamers / show hosting servers? Or ...

a. does online gaming it no more work without Steam then?

b. If it does: Will Steam get "a ping" or in any other way automatically connected/informed about me playing Arma2 without them?

Thanks a lot!

Herbal Influence

How do i add -nomap-nosplash and the sorts in steam

version of A2OA??

Never mind.. Found it

Edited by XXgamerXX

don't know if it was the right topic but i have problem joining Arma:oa servers in multiplayer it keep sending me this error in the link  qGe8http://www.pictub.club/image/qGe8

-when i open multiplayer most of server have yellow dots and i run Arma2 for first time before run Arma2:oa.

-i have game version 1.63.131129.

-i now download it again.

Plz help 

Thanks....

don't know if it was the right topic but i have problem joining Arma:oa servers in multiplayer it keep sending me this error in the link  qGe8http://www.pictub.club/image/qGe8

-when i open multiplayer most of server have yellow dots and i run Arma2 for first time before run Arma2:oa.

-i have game version 1.63.131129.

-i now download it again.

Plz help 

Thanks....

I think the error message you get is absolutely clear. It clearly says that you dont have required addons and it even lists the missing addons. So where is your problem? Just install the required addons. 

How to instal addons: http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18 

You can get most of the addons on Armaholic. 

I'm having two issues. The most annoying is that I can't start a multiplayer game in a LAN because it keeps telling me that the CD key is in use. I bought the game on steam. 

The second issue is that when ever I load up the game it keeps minimising to desktop, it does this a few times before it starts working. I have tried running it in compatibility mode (I had the same problem with San Andreas and this worked) but that did not work. Anything I can do about this?

I'm having a MAJOR issue here.

The drag function is not working in ArmA 2(Not Operation Arrowhead) I don't have Arrowhead Expansion or DayZ Mod. My issue is that it's not working. It WON'T show up in the action menu. I even went to tutorial to see, and it's completely invisible to the game for some reason.

I go to verify the game cache, and it said, "31 Files Failed to Validate and will be reacquired" and then an update file of 294.6 MB starts.

After the update, I verify the cache again to make sure it's all installed, but what I explained above keeps repeating this! What's strange is that when I verify the game cache DURING the update installation, it says, "All files are successfully validated".

It's like the update is intentionally removing the new files.

I'm not sure if my ArmA 2 is updated or not, but it's in version 1.11.86734... is my game updated, or is it still in an old version? I suspect this immature installation is causing the drag function to not work. Any clue as to why this is?

Guys please help me!!! I Bought Arma2 from G2A as a Steam Gift ,but i can't play multiplayer.Why?I tied everything but nothing!When i press multiplayer i see a list and i cant find any server.I just can create one, and i don't want to!PLS RESPOND HOW FAST U CAN!+my version is 1.11.86734 PSL TELL ME!!

Edited by robi1431

I get this error everytime I die in the game.
No entry "bin/config.bin/CfgMusic/Track06_Abandoned_Battlespace.sound"

Also some errors for missing textures of guns.

Please any fix. It's really annoying.

Very recently, DZLauncher came out with an update, and since then, Arma 2 refuses to launch with it. I had a semi-successful launch after a reinstall of Arma 2 and all of the addons, but before opening I received a slew of errors from the addons, such as "missing file(s) from..." or "missing script". The game launched, but closed almost immediately. Yesterday, it would confirm the launch in steam, and then simply tab back into DZLauncher without the window of check-boxes showing up. I am extremely frustrated by this, as I manage multiple bases on different servers and I love the game. I am hoping that someone has already found a fix for this.f09fe88e96cd374b58b19c43d3b4a62f.pngce17aa26a26e3958329acd9672638bb8.png46fbeaacdcdccf1e715d5ee2c1c36200.png44c2611435ab81afedc239c602e409ea.pngf23fc47bda4da9858537d1b422c9b642.png