gimpymoo

ARMA2 & OA's Steam Thread: All Steam Q's/discussions go here [covered by Dwarden]

please send report about it to Valve , this is some random glitch ... nothing we can do about the issue (and yes I notified Valve myself)

Gimpymoo-

Whenever I launch ArmA2 in Steam I get a message that says: Invalid Serial Number Given In Setup!

What does it mean?:confused: Please tell me I want to play!;)

-ZippyPoo

please send report about it to Valve , this is some random glitch ... nothing we can do about the issue (and yes I notified Valve myself)

OK, thanks for the info. It seemed like Steam issue because it appeared just after the bigger update. I'll contact Valve too.

So a few days ago I was able to play arma 2 arrowhead then there was an update of some sort...I was using several mods with no issue before but now it's crashing to desktop with no explanation...i reinstalled arrowhead and all arma2 dlc and ect with no mods, works fine...put a mod in and it does it all over again..

its been a few days and ive tried everything, the people of capraia need me :(

when i try to reinstall arma 2 steam only lets me install a 10mb file? why wont it let me download the whole game?

Hello there,

When trying to play ARMA 2 on through Steam, the game tells me the CD Key has been disabled.

I believe this is because Steam incorrectly refunded Arma 2, but then restored it to my account when I reported that it had been done incorrectly, the kicker being that I cannot currently play Arma 2 or Day Z.

Any assistance with this matter would be appreciated as Steam Tickets are extremely poor where regards customer service.

Thank you.

Ok, so I just bought the game...i was getting that rediculous error about bad serial #'s (yes I have read the thread, and yes I have also made sure everything has been run as an administrator) after getting fed up over such bad coding I decided to reinstall the game and realized that when i downloaded the game it came has 5 seperate patch files, One which was Arma 2 (original) the seccond one was Arma 2 OA followed by Arma 2 OA Beta and then PMC along with british addon...is there a specific way to install this with out screwing up the game??? because when i downloaded it, it looked like the smaller patch files installed first....

Hi, I just purchased ACR on steam and it's asking me for a cd-key. I was given no cd-key. I re-installed Arma 2 and the same thing happens.

ACR isn't listed like the other DLC's in the Steam library.

Very frustrated, please help.

it should be fixed now , please retry ... there are some issues with STEAM key servers ...

Unfortunately after another fresh install I'm getting the same screen asking for a cd-key. All I've installed is Arma 2 and OA.

Hi,

Ever since I installed the ACR DLC I've been getting an error when launching Arma:OA from Steam.

"Cannot load texture ca\plants2\clutter\data\c_grasstall_ca.paa"

This appears on startup, the game then loads Bukovina, the demo looks fine. I open Bukovina in the editor and I get another popup:

"Cannot open object ca\structure\misc_powerlines\powlines_wood2.p3d"

After, putting a player in and launching the mission from the editor, some of the vegetation is completely white, clearly missing textures.

I try loading Bystrica in the editor and I get the following warnings:

"Cannot open object ca\roads2\asf1_7 100.p3d"

"Cannot open object ca\plants2\misc\misc_stub2.p3d"

"Cannot open object ca\signs2\sign_36b.p3d"

Attempting to spawn one of the new ACR units (which are all available in the editor) gave:

"Cannot load texture ca\weapons\data\aimpoint_glass_flat_nohq.paa"

This is pretty much making ACR unplayable for me and incredibly annoying to get an error every time I launch the game. I have tried reinstalling Arma:OA from scratch and it made no difference. All the other islands are working fine (including PMC and BAF). Any ideas how to fix this?

Edited by *Zeewolf*

Having long played Arma2 I have always tried to stay away from Steam. With the news that Arma3 would require Steam I thought I might as well jump on board fully and bouGHt the Arma X collection.

My Question is it possible to transfer the game files from another installation into Steam so I don't have to redownload the entire series, that being Arma2+OA, PMC and BAF?

Hello

My problem is all about the servers. I bought the game via steam ARMA II Complete Collection , i can play with the singleplayer campaign but when ever i try connect to a multiplayer server even modded or not i get You have been kicked (Battleye client not responding). Anyways i tryed every single solution that i can find and i would like to list them.

1. Uninstlled the Battleye client from ARMA II / ARMA II OA included uninstallers and re installed it. (Not working)

2. Downloaded the battleye Client and server files and replaced them with in ARMA II folder ARMA II OA folder and finaly User/username/appdata/local/arma 2 OA folders (Not working)

3. Uninstalled the whole game via steam and manualy deleted the files from steam folder then re installed everything to try it out. (Not working)

4. Re-done the steps i took before to see if its working. (Not working)

This is an unfortunate experience for me and the people like me. I e-mailed battleye for this but they havent responded back. Can you please help me i would like the enjoy the multiplayer of the ARMA II and an broken protection system is not letting me do so.

Thank you for your time.

Iv'e installed Arma2 from Steam, it worked fine in single, in multiplayer it did loose connection with server after 5 min of play. Thinkin this may be Battleye issue, i copied 1.62 Battleeye dlls to Battleye folder. After that Arma 2 crashes silently to desktop. Iv'e deleted Battleye completely and reinstalled it from Battleye Install Steam folder - same issue.:mad:

Has anyone had this issue before? What to do?

Cpu: Intel i5 3570K

Gpu: Ati Radeon 7700HD

Memory 8 gig

I'm in the process of migrating Arma2 and OA onto another serverbox, using Windows Remote Desktop & Steam. I've downloaded A2 & OA fine, my question is how do I go about launching Combined Ops Dedi Server? Do I have to add A2 as a -mod=, or is there an easier way?

Hello

My problem is all about the servers. I bought the game via steam ARMA II Complete Collection , i can play with the singleplayer campaign but when ever i try connect to a multiplayer server even modded or not i get You have been kicked (Battleye client not responding). Anyways i tryed every single solution that i can find and i would like to list them.

1. Uninstlled the Battleye client from ARMA II / ARMA II OA included uninstallers and re installed it. (Not working)

2. Downloaded the battleye Client and server files and replaced them with in ARMA II folder ARMA II OA folder and finaly User/username/appdata/local/arma 2 OA folders (Not working)

3. Uninstalled the whole game via steam and manualy deleted the files from steam folder then re installed everything to try it out. (Not working)

4. Re-done the steps i took before to see if its working. (Not working)

This is an unfortunate experience for me and the people like me. I e-mailed battleye for this but they havent responded back. Can you please help me i would like the enjoy the multiplayer of the ARMA II and an broken protection system is not letting me do so.

Thank you for your time.

I am realy disapointed with battleye and bohemia with the help that i did not get. Way to go guys.

I am realy disapointed with battleye and bohemia with the help that i did not get. Way to go guys.

You forgot to mention that I am replying to your emails. Yes, sometimes it can take a while for me to respond, but please have some patience as you are not the only person requesting help.

Yes you are replying my emails but as i have explained in last email the frustration with this problem is overwhelming. and honestly taking way too long that it should.

Regards.

Buğrahan Laçin.

Hi! I'm new here and I need some help... I bought arma II complete collection through steam, and I'm having a lot of troubles to play online.... most time after joinning a server I appear as a bird... and I don't know what to do... I can hardly play it online, I would thank any help you can provide.

Every time I open the game it shows me the serial buy the game never ask me for it.... I don't know if that has something to do with what's happening online.

Regrads from Uruguay,

Kurgan2008

Hi, when trying to download Steam I get this message come up asking my speed, I'm on AOL broadband DSL so shall I tick 256k or 768k?

steamg.gif

So I owned arma2(steam ver), OA(retail) I couldn't play ACR because it need a valid OA2 key. So I went ahead and ordered the complete edition....uninstalled everything and reinstalled all steam versions. I tried to play ACR and it tells me I need to start OA and add the key, So I boot OA and on the bottom right corner I get a message with the key for OA, it say i will get prompted but I don't. the game starts fine with no prompt. I log out and try to play ACR and goes back into a loop. nothing!!! this is BS!!!! This is the reason why I love XBOX live!!!!! I really wanted to play day z with the high textures but I can't even run ACR~!!!

Ok, so with 90% of other steam games if i reinstall or need to copy a game folder across to my gf's pc i do just that copy it across and its good to go.

Now i had massive issues trying to use the game files that i had from like 7-8 months ago for reinstalling arma 2 and OA, so i had to download both.

I then copied both the folders onto my gf's pc and started up steam, OA showed up in the game list as white and just went ahead and did the battle eye and directx installs and worked perfectly.

ARMA 2 on the other hand...... it doesn't matter what i do, tried copying all the files into the common folder where they are after they have been installed and it just starts downloading the 8GB. So i tried transfering the files into the downloading folder to see if it would pick it up there and speed through the download and nope still wanted to download all 8 gb.

Is there anyway to get arma 2 to copy across and not have to download the whole game? Seems ridiculous that OA can do it but arma 2 has nothing but problems.

verify integrity of files, then run once A2 , anyway the A2 files are in \Steam\SteamApps\Common\Arma 2\

verify integrity of files, then run once A2 , anyway the A2 files are in \Steam\SteamApps\Common\Arma 2\

Doesn't work.... thats what i did the first time i transfered it across, started up steam, verified integrity of files, then ran A2. Steam proceeds to start an 8GB download.

And i am not sure why you are giving me the folder location..... but ok.