gimpymoo

ARMA2 & OA's Steam Thread: All Steam Q's/discussions go here [covered by Dwarden]

reinstall patch? just verify the file cache of each game

start STEAM ideally via "run as administrator"

select game in games list by left mouse

right mouse > choose Properties > choose Local files > click Verify Integrity of game cache

run each verified game again

I tried posting a thread but I didn't see the Steam sticky.

I just bought this game today and now feel like I've wasted money. It doesn't even install right? I proceeded to install it, and three hours later, I try to run it. I get two error messages.

1: Right after I hit play, box pops up and says "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'."

2: I proceed to hit OK and the game loads for a minute... the black screen launches for half a second then crashes to desktop. Message follows, "Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0"

I tried a verify file integrity check, and it said a file was missing and would be reinstalled. I tried to launch it again and the same thing happened.

I tried reinstalling the game twice and the issue continues.

Anyone able to help me? Thanks in advance.

Already done numerous times. Keeps saying 1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired. If it matters, my Arma2 copy is from the DVD, while OA, BAF and PMC are from Steam.

1 file is always fail and redownload ,it's just install script ... yet the file integrity check is good because it ensure no other files are corrupt ..

Oh ok, good to know. Though during the 1.60 patching process, I had some errors of a .pbo file missing. Don't remember which one. Is that still ok?

Oh ok, good to know. Though during the 1.60 patching process, I had some errors of a .pbo file missing. Don't remember which one. Is that still ok?

huh ? patching process? i don't get it You used retail patch on STEAM ?

huh ? patching process? i don't get it You used retail patch on STEAM ?

No, the patching process that Steam initiates automatically which shows the traditional BIS window for patching files.

I just bought this game today and now feel like I've wasted money. It doesn't even install right? I proceeded to install it, and three hours later, I try to run it. I get two error messages.

1: Right after I hit play, box pops up and says "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'."

2: I proceed to hit OK and the game loads for a minute... the black screen launches for half a second then crashes to desktop. Message follows, "Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0"

I tried a verify file integrity check, and it said a file was missing and would be reinstalled. I tried to launch it again and the same thing happened.

Does your PC meet the minimum required specs? Please post your specs.

No, the patching process that Steam initiates automatically which shows the traditional BIS window for patching files.

that's most likely BAF and PMC install ...

that's most likely BAF and PMC install ...

I see. Do I need to do anything to fix that? Does verify integrity check work for them?

after the 1.60 it was fine, but now when I start it up with or without mods I get this error. Data file too short 'addons/jsrs_aavp.pbo', Expected 15272262 B, got 12257774 B

thanks.

after the 1.60 it was fine, but now when I start it up with or without mods I get this error. Data file too short 'addons/jsrs_aavp.pbo', Expected 15272262 B, got 12257774 B

thanks.

seems like corrupt mod file , reinstall it or obtain working version

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

What's wrong with steam ??? i get failed to contact key server error ???

that's STEAM error, please contact STEAM support

or just try restart STEAM, if it fails restart PC, if that fails try change content server in STEAM's network settings

Does your PC meet the minimum required specs? Please post your specs.

Just solved it. I had had the same issue for days and got fed up with re-downloading the game in a never-ending cycle. Here it goes:

1. download the game

2. install the game and ignore the error messages

3. close Steam

4. re-start your PC

5. start Steam

6. play the game

I fixed this by a complete mistake. I had to go somewhere else and shut down my PC (a rig quite similar to yours, BTW) for the duration. After returning and firing up the engine, everything worked flawlessly.

Having problems loading up OA, every time I click play it says ARMA 2 REINFORCEMENTS HAS STOPPED WORKING. Even though I never installed Reinforcements into my comp.

Having problems loading up OA, every time I click play it says ARMA 2 REINFORCEMENTS HAS STOPPED WORKING. Even though I never installed Reinforcements into my comp.

Have you tried:

1. Restarting Steam

2. Restarting your PC

Have you tried:

1. Restarting Steam

2. Restarting your PC

Yep, I even tried the check the integrity of the game cache thing as well.

I have been running Arma forever through Steam and until the Update never had problems.

Now this Version 1.60 came out and I have problems staying on Multiplayer servers, I'll stay on for a few seconds to a minute then crash. I've Optimized my compter to run at full Mbps and still crash. tried Verifying Cache and it says I am missing a file and is Reaquired, but it does that everytime I veirfy.I have also Deleted and reinstalled Arma2 and OA.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I have been running Arma forever through Steam and until the Update never had problems.

Now this Version 1.60 came out and I have problems staying on Multiplayer servers, I'll stay on for a few seconds to a minute then crash. I've Optimized my compter to run at full Mbps and still crash. tried Verifying Cache and it says I am missing a file and is Reaquired, but it does that everytime I veirfy.I have also Deleted and reinstalled Arma2 and OA.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I have got the exact same problem. Out of the blue I could not connect to my squad server. I get errors like:

ErrorMessage: Warning: preNLOD format in object ca\wheeled_e\v3s\v3s_open.p3d

Wrong signature for file D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\pmc\addons\video_pmc.pbo

I do a verify game cache in steam on OA and it download 1.4Gb of data every time. I can do this in an endless loop it seems.

I have also reinstalled OA + BAF and PMC but to no help. After steam has finished download and install, it's back to the game verify download 1.4Gb loop.

Normal Arma 2 works without problems.

I have run disk diagnostics to check that the drive has no errors. All my other steam games at the same harddrive works fine.

I have been reading this post and have been trying for days to get my arma2 working. I recently upgraded my system and got a new hard drive. I have Sprocket ARMA2 and Steam OA. im trying to run ACE and get an error whenever i run CBA. I transferred my ARMA2 folder,tried the steam cmd fix. so far i run ok in vanilla oa and arma2 with the beta. i keep searching in here for something i haven't done but i cant find one.

oh btw i checked the integrity and the game says 1 file has been fixed each time i do it.

Edited by coma73

So i have had ARMA 2 since release on steam.

Friend bought me OA and i downloaded it.

When i launch OA this happens

help.png

I gets to the main menu and just crashes