gimpymoo

ARMA2 & OA's Steam Thread: All Steam Q's/discussions go here [covered by Dwarden]

the A2 and OA patches are compatible with STEAM release (exclude BAF and PMC DLC theirs patches aren't)

the problem here is that STEAM for some reason has 'bug or glitch' which

1. fails to disable the automatic update (the option simply not work at all)

2. the update is updating even if you have the same data (you apply the retail patch and then start STEAM to find out it's downloading the same files you already updated)

so that's why it's not recommended to use the retail patch but from our side it is compatible ...

Hi i am having a new problem , all my arma2,OA,UK,PMC are steam bought, tried to boot it up today and receive the following error msg "Addon Ca_PMC requires version 1.57 of application" This is then follow by a message " out of memeroy ( Request 0kb) footprint 78249984kb pages 16384kb " This error just came up today, any ideas?

Just bought the amazon OA, already have the steam Arma2.

the OA installer found the steam install files, and installed the OA files accordingly. if i open A2 in steam, however, i can't access the OA campaign. i can access the A2 AND OA campaigns if i open the OA .exe file in the "steamapps" folder.

i tried verifying file integrity through steam (read that was a fix), and it finishes properly, but i still can't access OA if i open A2 through steam.

how do i properly integrate non-steam OA w/ steam A2?

thanks in advance

matt

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

also, after steam's file integration didn't work, i patched OA to 1.57. still no luck.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19822638&postcount=12

answered You on the other tread ...

you can't load OA campaigns in A2 ... period

A2 is older engine than OA

only OA can load A2, in so called A2: Combined Operations mode

so the behaviour is correct

what You need is this file

http://forums.bistudio.com/attachmen...7&d=1278989542

download, extract into OA directory, run _runA2CO_nonsteam.cmd

read more if You interest http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101214

Crazycow;1813187']Hi' date='

Please help me to solve this matter, I'm going crazy and can't understand why...

One of my clan member bought A2 and then A2 OA via Steam,

Installed A2, then Installed A2 OA

After checked that everything is set to run as admin, and nothing like firewall mess with A2 and OA

Launch A2

Launch A2 OA

Launch A2 OA CO via Steam launch menu. (the popup that appears after double click on desktop "Launch Arma 2 OA" icon )

First matter: In the "Expansions" menu there is both "arma2" that Arma2 and can't deactivate one of them.

Second trouble: All seems ok, version 1.56, try to join server, ok he can choose a role in the briefing room, press ok, receiving mission data, and then:

Red Chain, no message received from server until it disconnect and back again on server list.

I've noticed that he was able to play on our server on OA maps, on other servers he could play a DM map (don't know wich) but just for a while.

He absolutely can't play, Domination and Warfare, and in some server he is also not able to receive mission data.

I suppose that there is some mess with CO, i can't explain in different ways how is possible that he could join and play just our server for example, and have red chain just when he finish to download mission data on all other server.

Please help me to keep my friend Eddy active player on A2 OA![/quote']

Nothing?

i got arma2 and arma2 operation arrowhead from steam, i am having trouble getting on some servers. i can play on some server no problem but others i get an error and drop out of the server.

the error reads

"you cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.CAWheeled2_BTR90, warfarevehicles"

is there something i need to download in order to play?

any help trying to resolve this would be great

are you launching OA in Combined Ops mode?

no. i have it from steam . it does not show combined ops anywhere.

i did solve the problem however. i didnt know i had to combine arma 2 and arrowhead. i combined the 2 and problem solved

Hey Guys.. i have buyed all Arma 2 Titles + DLCs on Steam.. i can play OA, Private Military and British Forces.. but if i launch only Arma 2 the Game tell me that i have entered a Wrong serial Number.. but i dont have get any Serial Question on Steam... What can i do ?

and: if i try to launch Combine Ops... ther will popup a DOS-Box with some text--(cant read so fast) but then nothing happens.

Edited by R34P3R

Ok, I have an issue here. I was gifted Arma II and Arma II Operation Arrowhead on Steam, however after downloading the game and going through the 1st time setup I got the Bohemia Interactive splash screen and then I got an error saying that the CD key was invalid. How is this so? Someone please help ASAP. Thanks.

Quick question. How do you use the target line in steam version of OA to launch combined operations and or mods? I know that the command line was lengthened over 255 characters. But I'm not shure what to type in the field box. Because you do not need the Batch file anymore to launch combines operations correct?

Can a steam owner / operator have the answer for this please ?

Yeh basically, I have a copy of ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead CD form, but in order to get the updates (DLC) You have to have that game installed on Steam in order to run it. So during the sales i picked up ArmA2 OA for like 5 bucks with the dlc and i wanted to just install the game via the physical copy in the drive and install that via steam, but i couldnt, (dont know how to) So i was asking rather than downloading a game, can i use the CD and install that way or do i have 2 download?

you can't use the retail key for STEAM ...

what can You try is install the retail ARMA 2: OA version into STEAM directory

then patch it to 1.57

then install over it the STEAM version but no idea if it pass thru and save the download

... And what is with the quetions above ??? Can´t play ! but i given u money for !

Hey Guys.. i have buyed all Arma 2 Titles + DLCs on Steam.. i can play OA, Private Military and British Forces.. but if i launch only Arma 2 the Game tell me that i have entered a Wrong serial Number.. but i dont have get any Serial Question on Steam... What can i do ?

and: if i try to launch Combine Ops... ther will popup a DOS-Box with some text--(cant read so fast) but then nothing happens.

SO BIS ?? Whats up with this ?

exit STEAM

start STEAM via "run as administrator"

run ARMA 2

if that don't help use verify file integrity function of STEAM on ARMA 2

run ARMA 2 again

Have a friend that just reinstaled A2 & OA, and now he cant launch CO. A2 & OA works fine, but when he trys to launch CO, he gets that DOS screen and steam window with "preparing to launch A2OA" , and nothing more happens. Have tried the tips given here like, run steam as admin, verfy file integrity and disableing UAC in windows. still same problem. Please help

well after file integrity check he really needs run once ARMA 2 first ;)

anyway if the dos window appear the it's missing in registry the paths that's all i can tell for sure

Hidden down the list in yesterday's Steam update:

Fixed starting game executables with very long command line parameters (>255 characters)

Yes, multiples times. It passes all checks. :confused:

Back to when I try to launch Arma 2 directly from the root folder, I get this error:

"arma2.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point D3DMatrixMultiply could not be located in the dynamic link library d3dx9_41.dll"

I just installed OA and it will not launch as well. Same thing, when I try to launch directly from the root folder I get this error:

"Arma2OA.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point D3DXSaveSurfaceToFileA could not be located in the dynamic link library d3dx9_41.dll"

------------

I have run the DXSETUP.exe located in the /DirectX folder and it appears to install fine.

Here is a screenshot of the error I get.

arma2oa.png

I still cant get PMC to run by clicking on it.

I have to start ARMA2 with a launcher app now. Its actually a good tool, i get to decide what addons and if i want splash screen etc, but i'd still rather the game launcher as intended.

This thread is so long I'm struggling to search precisely enough, so forgive me for asking a question I'm sure has been covered before.

As someone who does not have the Steam version of the game (and thank god for that) I struggle to help new players who have steam install mods for the first time. Has anyone prepared a guide for this process, something I can read and understand myself or redirect Steam users to?

Thanks in advance.

You no longer need to launch OA from inside of Steam, you can show them the normal way. :)

If not, they right click the game from inside Steam and press properties. In that window, there's a button that says "Set Launch Options...", which brings up a box to type their mod tags in:

-mod=@cba;@etc -window