gimpymoo

ARMA2 & OA's Steam Thread: All Steam Q's/discussions go here [covered by Dwarden]

This really blows man. Do they not test before allowing the d/ls? Oh yeah, they want our dough.

This really blows man. Do they not test before allowing the d/ls? Oh yeah, they want our dough.

Damm right. Its BAF all over again.

I would like to know if there is any information we can provide to BIS to help fix this. Does Steam write an error log or anything. I am personally running Windows 7 32bit, Steam is latest official version and not some beta.

I am currently doing a clean reinstall of Arma, but that is just based on superstition and I don't really expect it to help.

I have this "Game unavailable atm" problem too.. very annoying. Feels like I bought a case of beer and got home just to notice that bottles aren't available at the moment...They took my money though..:mad:

I have this "Game unavailable atm" problem too.. very annoying. Feels like I bought a case of beer and got home just to notice that bottles aren't available at the moment...They took my money though..:mad:

Same here.

It would be nice to hear something from BIS about what is going on, and what the problem is. We all know there are no instant, magic fixes, but it's a lot easier to be patient and wait for a solution if you know what is happening and that someone is working on fixing the problem.

All my Arma 2 games are from steam. The new update solves an OA error, but gives me another one: says that "PMC is currently unavaible. Tryu again at another time"...I can't get rid of Steam errors...omg: :eek:

It just didn't install properly. If you look in your Operation Arrowhead folder under /steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/ you can compare with the BAF install and see that, while the installer files exist in "DLCsetup", it didn't actually install the content (BAF has a folder right under the OA folder where the addon lives).

I was going to try it manually but I see there's a license file and all sorts of other BS that I really don't want to get into. Oh well, Steam bites us yet again. I'm just happy that, because of the beta patches, I can run Arma without having Steam logged in.

I'm having problems with steam and ARMA II OA.

Basically steam will not update the game.

Its set to do it automaticaly but im still sat on version 1.54 Allthou i reinstalled the game and now have the PMC Lite content im still on 1.54 Apparntly.

Any help would be good, cheers.

It would be nice to hear something from BIS about what is going on, and what the problem is. ... but it's a lot easier ... if you know what is happening and that someone is working on fixing the problem.

It's a steam related issue. Has happened before and does happen with some non-Valve games. It has something to do with the way the Steam client actually installs the already downloaded content. With a working release, there's some decryption, encryption, ???? and the downloaded package will be installed, but sometimes, some keys are done wrong and it won't install (can't find proper pieces, a proper installation location or any other not so relevant reason). Happens a lot to both non-valve addons and items you can pre-purchase.

Im sure Valve is either already working on it or it's in their queue.

I'd sit back, enjoy life and check back tomorrow, just like the pop up dialog says. Or if you can't fight the anxiety, every hour or so.

And another thing I wanted to mention is sudden stuttering or lag after either patching your Steam version AO to 1.56 or installing PMC. Close the game and check your task manager and see if Steam.exe is hogging your CPU resources. Dwarden confirmed that this does happen lately after installing or patching with Steam. To fix it, just close and restart the Steam application.

Cheers!

Btw, we're hanging out in the PMC official Steam groups group chat right now. If you have any quick questions, you can try and drop by.

This is Steam related or at least theres's nothing you can do about it. Everyone who bought their PMC from Steam has this issue right now.

You will have to try again another time, maybe in an hour or two. It shouldn't take more than a day for them to fix this.

hope so I have the problem too...I guess my post is of no importance

UDPDATE: - I am getting kicked from all arma 2 multiplayer games....I hope I haven't been banned for having an non unlocked pmc???

Edited by _Cappa

Ok, should we delete this game then since it didn`t install correctly, and red/l at a later date?

Probably no need for that. The problem seems to be with the installation, so once that works the already downloaded files can most likely be used to install PMC.

Ok, should we delete this game then since it didn`t install correctly, and red/l at a later date?

Yeah what the post above said. Redownloading usually isn't necessary.

UDPDATE: - I am getting kicked from all arma 2 multiplayer games....I hope I haven't been banned for having an non unlocked pmc???

Make sure you have BattleEye installed properly or just reinstall it. The most common auto-kick culprit.

If that's not the case, check this thread.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=103996

Some useful posts regarding addons, default files etc.

So I have Arma2 (OA/BAF) through Steam obviously, and last night patch 1.56 downloaded and installed. I try to purchase the full PMC thru Steam and I get a message:

"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

Been about 8 hours now and still no change when I try to purchase. Roger that. So I figure I will just start OA and play PMC lite. Not good. No matter which Arma version I try to open I keep getting the error message:

"Data file too short 'EXPANSION\addons\characters_e.pbo'. Expected 672116306 B, got 505937920 B"

And then the window closes. I cannot play ANY version of ARMA. No matter what I open, I get the same error message and then the window closes. No other options or messages appear. Funny thing was, before 1.56 on 1.55 my game was BUG FREE!!!! It was perfect! And now I can't play at all! Anyone else seeing these messages or errors? I looked but couldn't find anything..... Please help!!!!!!!

Aghh, this still is not fixed.

I am also receiving the "This game is currently unavailable" error message when I try and play PMC through Steam. If I try to start up OA and enable the expansion from there, I get: 'Failed to load file "DLCsetup\PMC\PMC_Data\addons\air_pmc.pbo" - decryption headers failed.'

None of Steam's recommendations for fixing the issue are working. Anyone have any ideas? Whose problem is it, BI or Valve? Are they in conference with one another to get their customers a solution?

Oh come on! Not BIS fault?! Who allowed Steam to sell this DLC? Why BIS didn't test it on Steam before putting it there? In my opinion both are guilty. BIS and Steam. What i think about it, both su...

Ah the pmc issue seems to be properly reported. That's good. Now I just wish BI would take the initiative to allow us steam users to use our cd keys on their store so we dont have to deal with this anymore. At least that way in the future we could use the official store so they get more money. Well here's hoping they get pmc up and running soon.

Oh come on! Not BIS fault?! Who allowed Steam to sell this DLC? Why BIS didn't test it on Steam before putting it there? In my opinion both are guilty. BIS and Steam. What i think about it, both su...

I've been a Steam customer since 2003, i've had very few problems with them. In the same light I was a Bohemia customer since OFP came out, i'm loyal to both and just want it fixed. I'm not gonna blame either, just want results.