gimpymoo

ARMA2 & OA's Steam Thread: All Steam Q's/discussions go here [covered by Dwarden]

BE issue isn't related just to STEAM install anyway we are looking into it ...

Hey Dwarden,

i think ill keep steam version,but i have british forces in other steam

How can i play BAF (full) on my other steam account which doesnt have it ?

I have also be problems i join the warfare server ,lobby,i finish the loading the (receiving files windows) then i come back to servers window

thanks,

This is getting very annoying, I'm sorry and I understand that Bohemia interactive is looking into it, but every time I turn around, just because I have the hard copy of Arma 2, and the steam version of Arowhead, it just gives me a shitload of trouble! Dwarden I am not trying to be rude, please do not mistake my intentions as being a ass. I really am not trying to be, but I did pay for game, it was made by you and you licensed it to steam. I just want it to work as it should. You guys are always putting current quick fixes up for everyone else, but why does the steam community have to wait all the time. Like I said before, I am not trying to be a ass, and I hope you understand my point, but I am no different than any other customer. Thank you

Ringo

I bought both operation arrow head and BAF but now when i play combined operations all english voices (americans especially) talk in british accent. It's not big problem but it just doesn't sound right.

I bought Arma 2 retail, but i bought Arma: OA and BAF through steam.

STEAM gave four options when clicking shortcut. Now they are gone.

I used to click my shortcut, and Steam would pop up a dark window and provide me with four options: BattlEye, Windowed Mode, Combined Ops etc. I selected Combined Ops, and that's how I was able to run CO, basically.

Now, instead of spending two hours trying to run CO another way, is there any way I can ADD the ABOVE option function back to my shortcut? It's not about the target line I think, because that hasn't changed.

I don't think it matters, but my current target line is

"D:\Game\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -nosplash "-mod=d:\game\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\EXPANSION;ca;@JayArma2Lib;@CA;@CBA;@16AA;@ACE;@ACRE;@ACEX;@AS;@PLA;@O"

(nevermind some of the later addonfolders)

this seems to be problem with the desktop shortcut made by STEAMclient

it offers the option only for first time being used

so i suggest You aim this STEAMclient feature request on Valve

the menu choice is always available via:

1. just double click on the ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead inside the STEAM games list

or

2. left mouse click select the game then right mouse click and pick the option from drop down menu

this seems to be problem with the desktop shortcut made by STEAMclient

it offers the option only for first time being used

so i suggest You aim this STEAMclient feature request on Valve

the menu choice is always available via:

1. just double click on the ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead inside the STEAM games list

or

2. left mouse click select the game then right mouse click and pick the option from drop down menu

Ah, so... I just turn off Steam before I double-click the shortcut. Voilá.

Now, however, Steam refuses to run CO. I select "Combined Ops" from the menu, and then the cmd briefly flickers before my eyes, followed by nothing.

Is anything wrong with my _runA2CO.cmd?

SETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONS

:v64_path_a2

For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%A In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') Do (set _ARMA2PATH=%%B)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO v32_path_a2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)

:v32_path_a2

For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%C In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') Do (set _ARMA2PATH=%%D)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO uac_PATH_A2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)

:uac_PATH_A2

FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%I IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2PATH=%%J)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO std_PATH_A2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)

:std_PATH_A2

FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%K IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2PATH=%%L)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO ENDfailA2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)

:v64_path_a2oa

For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%E In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') Do (set _ARMA2OAPATH=%%F)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO v32_path_a2oa) ELSE (GOTO RUN)

:v32_path_a2oa

For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%G In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') Do set (_ARMA2OAPATH=%%H)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO uac_PATH_A2OA) ELSE (GOTO RUN)

:uac_PATH_A2OA

FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%M IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2OAPATH=%%N)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO std_PATH_A2OA) ELSE (GOTO RUN)

:std_PATH_A2OA

FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%O IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2OAPATH=%%P)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO ENDfailA2OA) ELSE (GOTO RUN)

:run

:v64_path_steam

For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%Q In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\Steam" /v "InstallPath"') Do (set _STEAMPATH=%%R)

IF NOT DEFINED _STEAMPATH (GOTO v32_path_steam) ELSE (GOTO runs)

:v32_path_steam

For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%S In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam" /v "InstallPath"') Do (set _STEAMPATH=%%T)

IF NOT DEFINED _STEAMPATH (GOTO uac_path_steam) ELSE (GOTO runs)

:uac_path_steam

FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%U IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\Steam" /v "InstallPath"') DO (SET _STEAMPATH=%%V)

IF NOT DEFINED _STEAMPATH (GOTO std_path_steam) ELSE (GOTO runs)

:std_path_steam

FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%W IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam" /v "InstallPath"') DO (SET _STEAMPATH=%%X)

IF NOT DEFINED _STEAMPATH (GOTO ENDfailSteam) ELSE (GOTO runs)

:runs

"%_STEAMPATH%\steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca"

ENDLOCAL

:end

exit /B 0

:ENDfailA2

exit /B 1

:ENDfailA2OA

exit /B 2

:ENDfailSteam

exit /B 3

if you own STEAM ARMA 2 and OA make sure you started the ARMA 2 at least once (so paths are written to registry)

Hello Dwarden, it seems that following the STEAM update to the current versions across the board for Arma II, CO and BAF, i have become unable to connect to warfare servers for some reason.

I actively tested and it seems i can connect to Domination servers and such, but with warfare the soldier role select screen appears, and once that is done, the loading period that follows will complete. But here's where it goes wrong, I am then suddenly thrust back out into the multiplayer server list area, as if the connection was never made at all.

Is there anything i can do to correct this new malfunction? I have tried verifying the files but it appears to change anything.

here i go again!!!

I have a hardcopy of ARMAII and steam copy of OA

both booted fine before the patch but now i can only get to the menu on both ARMA II and OA I can play single player and game freezes upon making the multiplayer selection???

otherwise prior to the 1.08 patch everything worked fine?

even after steam update the version still says 1.05??????

Cant connect to the servers i used to do fine before the patch...any news from BIS about a solution?

Cant connect to the servers i used to do fine before the patch...any news from BIS about a solution?

Read the post above you...

known problem with BE, no fix atm, please be patient

any idea how much longer this is going to go on for......not only did we have to wait longer for the patch to come out over steam but now we still cant play.

Ive tried to set our server to run with out battleye installed but even that wont work..

need to wait it out and post in the steam forum about the problem.

btw its more than just a steam problem.

my hard copy of ARMA II wont load multiplayer either but play single player fine.

What ever happened to trying the patches first before release????

Edited by GTDAWG

Hello

Yesterday i bought ARma 2 and OA through steam.

But when i play i get error message Error 8876086c. I was in single player, when this occurred please help!

System specs:

Win xp 32

4x 2.5 AMD Phenom

4850 (512MB)x2

I have steam versions of Arma2 1.08 and OA 1.55 on winxp.

After patching to 1.55 i had the "BE failed to initialize" error, BE 1.45 update fixed that.

I now see BE initialize when i join. But I was kicked for "Corrupted Memory #0" by BE, restarted PC tried again "Corrupted Memory #0".

So following BE's instructions i checked for Viruses and then I used Steams "Verify integrity of game cache" on both OA and Arma2, now i can't join warfare servers (which is all i play) I'm kicked for "CAWheeled_btr_90 warfare2vehicles" deleted, and thats before i get to find out if i'm still going to get kicked by BE's "Corrupted Memory #0".

So before 1.55 i had no issues and played daily.

Now well.. getting pretty PO'ed.

PS I did notice Steam had done a small update for both OA and Arma2 of 3.2mb each, no change.

---------- Post added at 04:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

OK "CAWheeled_btr_90 warfare2vehicles" deleted error is because CO wasn't launching even thought thats whats i'd ask it to do it was just launching OA, i guess this is from the "Verify integrity of game cache" check i did, both Arma2 and OA must be run after this check, otherwise CO won't start it'll just be OA.

So now i'm still being kicked for "Corrupted Memory #0" by BE.

Done Virus scans what else is there to do about this?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=109915&page=11 has the answer look for $able's post on Appdata

Sweet unPO'ed can join and play

Edited by fess

yeah patch 1.54 it worked fine. Now that I patched to 1.55 I can't play, it freezes up in definitely. Regardless of any graphic changes, It first froze up before I even looked at the new graphic options.

Is this still a BE problem? or some other bug?

Dell XD 6GB Vista 64-bit

Intel Core 2 Quad

Nvidia 1GB GTX 460

REMEMBER always when you do CHECK integrity on ARMA 2 or first install it

You must ONCE run ARMA 2 before You use ARMA 2: Combined Operations mode

because that single run create registry entry with path to the game

(each time you run integrity check in STEAM, it wipes the registry values)

if you have corrupted memory error check the BE files and try several servers

(if server has wrong file (used by mistake A2 files for OA) the message will be same)

to verify the files best solution is read first post

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=109915

and erase both beclient.dll (in appdata and game dir) and then download and run the BE A2OA installer

I am just running Arma 2 OA standalone version. Like I said didn't have these issues with 1.54 just 1.55. Dwarden is there any progress on fixing the current issues with 1.55?

Also I noticed a postpone on Arma 2 Private Military is this due to patch 1.55?

I appreciate a response.

Kaiser

I got "ARMA 2 OA Has stopped working" error on 1.55 patch. I have this error 2 times. Even if I can run Arma 2 without any problem, Arma2 OA or CO doesn't work. I had to delete all steam files and re-download everything again. It fixed the problem but it keeps happening after some playing on OA. I'm using D2D version Arma 2 with Steam version Arma2 OA.

I got "ARMA 2 OA Has stopped working" error on 1.55 patch. I have this error 2 times. Even if I can run Arma 2 without any problem, Arma2 OA or CO doesn't work. I had to delete all steam files and re-download everything again. It fixed the problem but it keeps happening after some playing on OA. I'm using D2D version Arma 2 with Steam version Arma2 OA.

I also got Arma 2 Oa stopped working.

Everytime i try to start it or combined operations.

Bought Arma 2 + Oa yesterday on steam.

Arma 2 works perfectly and runs smooth on high though :)

please try use the beta 76067

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Didn't change anything :/ gonna reinstall OA and hope it helps.

Edit: No change :/

Edit2: I went into the folder and found a shortcut to launch beta. the thing you add to launch it through steam is

-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash

And i think that should fix some problems :). Now i gotta figure out a way for Combined

To add that string didn't help but it works to launch it from the shortcut.. owell

Edited by empa