gimpymoo

ARMA2 & OA's Steam Thread: All Steam Q's/discussions go here [covered by Dwarden]

most of users have no problems ...

also i don't get why people think they need read 70 pages and fail to read and understood the 1st post ...

in your case:

install as admin ARMA 2 from,

patch it to 1.07,

run STEAM as admin,

run ARMA2: OA

exit OA

try use Run ARMA 2: CO option (right mouse button on STEAM games list, or double click on the game in list, bottom option)

if it works no point to complain, if it not works, time to try use beta build or nonSTEAM cmd from batch

if that fails time to search for advice what's wrong

(usually people running in low rights and DVD or STEAM unable write to registry path to where is game

which will btw. break even try to patch game)

Dont' want to seem unappreciative for the amount of feedback and/or response that Bohemia is giving on this, but we tried all of the fixes and none of them worked. The player in question was pretty good with computers as well.

We finally fixed the issue with steam, but not in the way we had hoped to.

After re-installing the third time, then trying Dwardens fix, we still couldn't get it to work, he went out and purchased the hard copy of OA. It installed and worked perfectly.

So, $100.00 later, he can play the game.

We have a joke in our clan (because we do absolutely love Arma) that we would have paid a hundred dollars for the game because it's just that good, but he actually did it.

Now, he just has to fight with steam to get his money back.

Now, he just has to fight with steam to get his money back.

Good luck to him on that. Almost never happens.

Is there going to be a update for the Steam versions soon. I don't wish to stuff around with this fix. Just wish to click on icon and play.

I purchased the game a couple weeks ago on Steam and since then whenever I try to play a windows appears for maybe one second saying the game is preparing to launch then nothing happens. Reinstalled the game but same thing

happens. Everything is set with administrator powers and UAC is disabled.

When I click on ArmA2OA.exe an "application eror" message appears indicating "impossible to launch properly the application (0xc000007b). Click ok to close application". I've been unable to find the meaning of the message.

System:

SO win 7 ultimate x64

i7 920@3,6 MHZ

ATI 4870x2

RAM 6GB

Any help would be appreciated.

I purchased the game a couple weeks ago on Steam and since then whenever I try to play a windows appears for maybe one second saying the game is preparing to launch then nothing happens. Reinstalled the game but same thing

happens. Everything is set with administrator powers and UAC is disabled.

When I click on ArmA2OA.exe an "application eror" message appears indicating "impossible to launch properly the application (0xc000007b). Click ok to close application". I've been unable to find the meaning of the message.

System:

SO win 7 ultimate x64

i7 920@3,6 MHZ

ATI 4870x2

RAM 6GB

Any help would be appreciated.

Did you read Dwarden's post ARMA 2: CO (how to combine ARMA 2 into ARMA 2:OA and use together)?

Basically what this post says:

DL the runA2CO.zip file and put the cmd into the same folder where the OA .exe is located. Then, in Steam go to the game library, right-click on the ArmA2 game (given that your ArmA2 also is a steam version, if not just do if for OA) and choose Properties -> Local files -> Verify integrity of game cache. Afterwards do the same for OA in the Steam game library.

When this is done for both games, launch first ArmA2 and secondly OA using the "Play" buttons in Steam. Then, try to launch the game using "Launch ArmA2: Combined Operations" from the Steam OA Play option OR if this doesn't work, try to run the game by double-clicking the runA2CO.cmd from within the OA folder.

Try it out and see if it helps..

Did you read Dwarden's post ARMA 2: CO (how to combine ARMA 2 into ARMA 2:OA and use together)?

Basically what this post says:

DL the runA2CO.zip file and put the cmd into the same folder where the OA .exe is located. Then, in Steam go to the game library, right-click on the ArmA2 game (given that your ArmA2 also is a steam version, if not just do if for OA) and choose Properties -> Local files -> Verify integrity of game cache. Afterwards do the same for OA in the Steam game library.

When this is done for both games, launch first ArmA2 and secondly OA using the "Play" buttons in Steam. Then, try to launch the game using "Launch ArmA2: Combined Operations" from the Steam OA Play option OR if this doesn't work, try to run the game by double-clicking the runA2CO.cmd from within the OA folder.

Try it out and see if it helps..

Thank you but I used to play ArmA2 a long time ago, it is no longer on my HD and now I'm trying just to play OA. Anyway I'm not going to install again ArmA2 if OA doesn't work.

Thank you but I used to play ArmA2 a long time ago, it is no longer on my HD and now I'm trying just to play OA. Anyway I'm not going to install again ArmA2 if OA doesn't work.

Ok..But did you try to verify integrity of OA game cache files and load up OA using Steam as I suggested?

Ok..But did you try to verify integrity of OA game cache files and load up OA using Steam as I suggested?

Done more than once but nothing happens, I've also undone the overclocking of my pc but still nothing.

With the BAF expansion two weeks away I have the following question; My combined ops installation is non steam. How would I go about installing that addon if I purchased through Steam?

Dwarden can you please tell us when OA 1.52 on Steam will be updated to the latest build?

At the moment the current Steam release (71612) is not the latest build (71816) and hence does not contain turret command functionality which is contained in the downloadable 1.52 patch which we can not run on the Steam version.

This is causing script errors when trying to run ACE2.

I have been fighting this problem for a few weeks.

I bought both games at the same time off steam.

dl/ install fine. Able to play sp for both.

I search for server to join, find one i want. Join it.

The connection screen pops up.

I do not see the 'character selectable' spots, all names are greyed out at first.

Only thing i can click on is the OK button.

I can be dragged by the host to a slot.

when it comes to receiving files, it stays at 0/0kb the entire time. waiting 20min no change.

Reinstalled. Can start with Combined ops as well. same thing.

this is same for BOTH games, separetly and combined.

I have forwarded (indivually) ports 2302, 2303 and 2305 , i have my firewall Uninstalled , trying to get this to work.

Turned off all of my other security etc.

I was able to play the demo, and connect jsut fine. (uninstalled)

any further questions/points CONTACT ME please.

gk

Side question: again for steam, where to put modfolders? I put them where i thoguht they should go, but cannot see the missions ingame either.

(trying to get other opinions) (SP i can see them, mp i cannot)

thanks.

Edited by giantkin

Well dangit. i figured it out. Last thing i wanted to try, was it.

I had done the firewall stuff... 3 times. Checked the windows built in one, and my software one, uninstalled software one...(fixed another game issue lol)

Went thru the ports in the router, forwarded them...(any suggestion, i did)

this thread...i dont think anyone suggested this. By pass your router, directly into computer. yep..that worked. something is wrong with my router...(another router..sigh)

so, for now, i gotta not play, until the wife/kid is asleep, then i can direct wire, and play for a few...(just remembering to reconnect before bed!!)

until i get a new router.......someday.

:)

well, least i can play.

Thanks for any thoughts you had, etc.

gk

Still waiting for an answer Dwarden.

the answer is 1.54 :D:cool:

lol just finished DL 1.54 from steam and i get a file addon error. someting like the file is to short. I had to verify the game cache files. that was about 2min and it start dl again but this time it was a short dl. ill let you know how i get on.

yep it worked. WBG try to logout and back in again then verify the game cache files. just to be safe.

yes this can be due to STEAM auth servers being busy with Mafia 2 and Worms Reloaded releases ...

I have a steam version of ArmA 2 with sprocket OA installed in it's directory to run combined ops. However i cannot install 1.54 because it cannot find the directory. 1.52 had no problems with this, but it appears that 1.54 does. I am assuming it's because it won't work with Steam versions, but since I don't actually own OA on steam, I can't use steam to update either. Any suggestions?

Three questions regarding the Steam version:

1 - Whats being updated now there? I took a whole night to download the 1.7Gb of the 1.54 patch (due Steam and my connection, buts its 1.7Gb vs 200mb of the actual patch..) and now hes downloading another 1.2gb of something. !?

2 - Let me see that i got this right:

* Fixed: Commandline -mod behavior, active Mods list in UI, ModLauncher UI dialog with better mods detection and handling.

Now it should be possible to use the -mod parameter in the command line along with the MOD UI ingame?

Because launchig CO don´t enable anything.

3 - When (if) the need to run Steam will be dropped, just like the beta patches before the actual patch?

Despite from the delay, the size of the patch on Steam and the errors, thanks for it. :)

Sorry but.... LOL @ steam users.

How many lessons do you need to learn...