gimpymoo

ARMA2 & OA's Steam Thread: All Steam Q's/discussions go here [covered by Dwarden]

So I just had the problem of Arma2 after the forced STEAM patch (after I'd patched it on my own having steam autoupdate off), my AAS mod would not work.

I had to reinstall the 1.07 patch I had downloaded off the Arma2 site as it's different somehow than the Steam version of 1.07. It worked again after that.

No idea if it will work again. Since I've had a gamekilling issue every time Steam is involved with Arma and now that I've paid for OA on Steam as well, I"m starting to think my friends are correct in saying pay the money and go buy retail copies of each.

What is going on with Steam and BI???? Why can't they get their act together and have updates and patches work in sync??? The frustration for a casual gamer who likes this game is immense.

What is going on with Steam and BI???? Why can't they get their act together and have updates and patches work in sync??? The frustration for a casual gamer who likes this game is immense.

Good point, was wondering about the same..

Quick question regarding addons.

I have both the Steam Versions of ArmA 2 and ArmA 2:OA. I have nearly 5 gigs of addons in my ArmA 2 folder, and wish to use many of them in OA. Will I have to copy all of my addons again just so I can use those addons in OA? Thanks in advance.

it is, the problem is steam will updated it self u do not have to do it, if you do it the file will not be the same to steam so it will ask for a cd thinking you have it. I think but check around but I think that's what it is.

BI will release a patch that will remove the need for steam at some point like they did with arma2

Actually I suggest you update yourself. I updated my Arma 2 to 1.07 and it still notices that it there. Then I checked around and found out that steam updated and made user redownload the whole Arma 2. So I suggest allways download the patch yourself. You never know when that error will come up again.

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

Quick question regarding addons.

I have both the Steam Versions of ArmA 2 and ArmA 2:OA. I have nearly 5 gigs of addons in my ArmA 2 folder, and wish to use many of them in OA. Will I have to copy all of my addons again just so I can use those addons in OA? Thanks in advance.

Im not sure. But from what I've seen you can merge OA and Arma2 into one folder I believe.

Edited by JinxHacker

WRT SecuRom saying your CD key is wrong after manual application of the 1.50-1.52 patch all you need to do is go to Library> [right click] ArmA2: OA> Properties> Local Files > Verify Intergrity of Game Cache.

This should take a few minutes, and for me it found three missing files totalling 18mb, these were downloaded by Steam and the problem fixed.

Actually I suggest you update yourself. I updated my Arma 2 to 1.07 and it still notices that it there. Then I checked around and found out that steam updated and made user redownload the whole Arma 2. So I suggest allways download the patch yourself. You never know when that error will come up again.

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

Im not sure. But from what I've seen you can merge OA and Arma2 into one folder I believe.

I think the issue for Steam users like myself, I DID manually update to 1.07. I was even able to play for an evening as I downloaded it fast and all that. I had Steam autoupdate TURNED OFF.

Steam over-rode that setting and re-downloaded Arma with 1.07. I was not able to stop the download or prevent it and had to wait the entire day while it plodded along at slow Steam speeds.

Then, to make it worse, the Steam version of the game is somehow different than the official version so the AAS mod won't work. I had to re-apply the original 1.07 patch over the Steam version of Arma2 1.07 and that seems to have fixed the AAS issue (I haven't tried it again yet today though, Steam may want to redownload the whole game again or something).

With this particular game, Steam has been an entire year long frustration.

:/ ArmA 2 and OA downloaded to two different directories. Is there any way to combine the two folders? (without messing with Steam's settings).

Yea, this is bugging me. STEAM should have seen that I have ArmA 2 and changed the file path. They could recognize that you had STALKER SoC and Clear Sky to get a discount for CoP, but they couldn't change a file path? Interesting.

Yea, this is bugging me. STEAM should have seen that I have ArmA 2 and changed the file path. They could recognize that you had STALKER SoC and Clear Sky to get a discount for CoP, but they couldn't change a file path? Interesting.

At the very least, it would have been nice to get a warning that you wouldn't be able to use your addons. Unless someone has thought of a way to do it?

At the very least, it would have been nice to get a warning that you wouldn't be able to use your addons. Unless someone has thought of a way to do it?

You can't use your addons for the new OA you mean with your steam copy? Or just arma 2?

I'm using a steam Arma 2 with addons perfectly! And I even added an applaunch code for steam to my shortcut so that it will launch the game with addons and still show im playing arma 2 on steam :bounce3:

You can't use your addons for the new OA you mean with your steam copy? Or just arma 2?

I'm using a steam Arma 2 with addons perfectly! And I even added an applaunch code for steam to my shortcut so that it will launch the game with addons and still show im playing arma 2 on steam :bounce3:

Yeah, same setup here. That isn't what I meant though.

The problem I am having is I can't run addons from my ArmA 2 folder in Operation Arrowhead, or vice versa. I have a ton of addons, and it is going to be a huge hassle redownloading all of them just so I can run them on Operation Arrowhead.

From what I understand, those without Steam downloaded/installed the games in the same directory, so this isn't a problem.

Yeah, same setup here. That isn't what I meant though.

The problem I am having is I can't run addons from my ArmA 2 folder in Operation Arrowhead, or vice versa. I have a ton of addons, and it is going to be a huge hassle redownloading all of them just so I can run them on Operation Arrowhead.

From what I understand, those without Steam downloaded/installed the games in the same directory, so this isn't a problem.

Ahh thanks for clearing that up, well I currently don't have OA, but I'll be checking the forums. So if anything pop ups that I see no one mentioning in the thread I'll let you know. I'm sure we will have a fix or a method soon

you can load .pbo's from anywhere. Just gotta point to em. I use a launcher, and just point to the addons directory. done.

Luhgnut;1665052']you can load .pbo's from anywhere. Just gotta point to em. I use a launcher' date=' and just point to the addons directory. done.[/quote']

Which launcher are you using? I currently have goArma, but as far as I know it hasn't been updated for Operation Archer.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, this has been giving me headaches since I installed the game.

:/ ArmA 2 and OA downloaded to two different directories. Is there any way to combine the two folders? (without messing with Steam's settings).

Take a look at this thread

Take a look at this thread

Yeah, I saw that, but I didn't see any method as to how to use addons from the other folder.

Edit: So I have to transfer all of my mods into my OA folder?

Edit edit: Ah, I see now. Thanks for the help.

Edited by aurondude

WRT SecuRom saying your CD key is wrong after manual application of the 1.50-1.52 patch all you need to do is go to Library> [right click] ArmA2: OA> Properties> Local Files > Verify Intergrity of Game Cache.

This should take a few minutes, and for me it found three missing files totalling 18mb, these were downloaded by Steam and the problem fixed.

after installing Steam version of OA and patching, it gives me the securrom error (secureRom should be illegal btw) it won't launch. I then did a verify integrity and it comes back as passed.

So once again, I get to mess around with fixing the Steam versions of Arma2 for the next several days.

I never learn.

edit: if you get this error and it verifies ok, Close steam, relaunch steam, then do the verify and it will fail and patch correctly.

edit edit: now I don't have sound. So, I get to mess with that now.

All this does is revert the game back to the previous version, though. Yes, it allows you to play the game, but there is no way to manually patch to the latest version, even with turning off Steam auto-update.

Still wondering what the ETA is on a Steam update to the latest version.

Hello, when I try to launch arma 2 OA I get the message 'expansions\addons\character_e.pbo'. Expected 669044373 B, Got 631767040 B

Ok I read up to page 7 or 8, downloaded the _runA2CO.cmd and ran it in the steam OA directory, added my 505 DVD version arma 2 to steam, ran it after running OA on steam, then ran the cmd again and now it asks for a DVD when I try to run my steam version of OA. What the hell? This is getting incredibly frustrating.

I downloaded and installed patch 1.52 and now when I try and launch it from steam I get a securom asking for a DVD? How can I fix this, I'd love to play my new game.

Chris

I downloaded and installed patch 1.52 and now when I try and launch it from steam I get a securom asking for a DVD? How can I fix this, I'd love to play my new game.

Chris

Miss the part about 1.52 not being for the Steam version I suppose?

the STEAM store page clearly says that the OA is version 1.52

the download page says clearly the 1.52 retail patch is not for STEAM