gimpymoo

ARMA2 & OA's Steam Thread: All Steam Q's/discussions go here [covered by Dwarden]

I have updated manually to 1.05, will it work to let steam update to 1.07?

I'm sorry if this was already asked. If I order game from Sprocket do I have to deal with activation/deactivation limits? Because I want to order using Steam just to prevent activation/deactivation limits.

I'm sorry if this was already asked. If I order game from Sprocket do I have to deal with activation/deactivation limits? Because I want to order using Steam just to prevent activation/deactivation limits.

Sprocket activation policy is extremely relaxed: unlimited activations on the same hw, 5 activations per 6 months on any hw.

Anyway, as we will be providing DRM free version of A2OA quite soon (we did this with A2 no later than 6 months after its release and with A2OA it will be even sooner than that), I guess this is simply no issue at all.

I'm not happy in the slightest today, I went to load my Steam copy (Already patched to 1.07 using the normal patch) and the 1.07 update was released through Steam, obviously for the OA release. So instead of steam just updating the necassary files, it decides to begin re-downloading the entire game, all 7.5GB's of it. I told it not to update the game and to never download updates for Arma2, but I can't launch the game until I do.

I'm really hoping I don't lose all my controls and profile and everything.

As posted to the Steam forums.

My Steam ArmA2 was already patched to 1.07 and automatic updates were off.

Before enabling the update I kept a copy of the ArmA2 directory.

After starting the update Steam kept only 1000MB from the 8500MB Addon directory leaving me to to download 7500MB.

I paused the update, copied the backed up Addon directory back and verified the game cache.

Now Steam deleted about 500MB of addons and tried to redownload them.

Paused again copied the missing addons from the backup and verified again.

ArmA2 was now fully updated.

Something interesting.

The patched up 1.07 Addon directory is the same with the Steam 1.07 Addon directory. Why Steam couldn't verify the files before deleting them?

Sprocket activation policy is extremely relaxed: unlimited activations on the same hw, 5 activations per 6 months on any hw.

Anyway, as we will be providing DRM free version of A2OA quite soon (we did this with A2 no later than 6 months after its release and with A2OA it will be even sooner than that), I guess this is simply no issue at all.

Even sooner? You guys deserve a giant medal for quality PC games.

I'm dead serious.

Shame on steam with their fake update, tried to buy through sprocket but their website is very slooow.

this forum is very slow today why ? I think it's not my day :(

I'm not happy in the slightest today, I went to load my Steam copy (Already patched to 1.07 using the normal patch) and the 1.07 update was released through Steam, obviously for the OA release. So instead of steam just updating the necassary files, it decides to begin re-downloading the entire game, all 7.5GB's of it. I told it not to update the game and to never download updates for Arma2, but I can't launch the game until I do.

I'm really hoping I don't lose all my controls and profile and everything.

I've had this issue as well. I had Arma2 installed through Steam, autoupdates turned off, then manually patched to 1.05. When 1.07 came, I downloaded it, and installed. Played find on Sunday night.

Yesterday I go to play again and for some reason my autoupdate via Steam is TURNED BACK ON and the game is downloading something, I'm assuming it's big because it's now taking all day and I can't play.

Will this update via steam just be a repeat of the 1.07 I've already installed and will the Steam update break my game again?

I have downloaded ArmA2, and OA on steam. They did not merge and can each be found:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

How do we merge these?

As well it will not start.

OA.png

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

I believe I have narrowed this down to a corrupt EXE.

Sprockets Size: 18.57 mb

Steam: 11.9 mb

Not even close. Can someone else care to confirm this?

I have downloaded ArmA2, and OA on steam. They did not merge and can each be found:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

How do we merge these?

As well it will not start.

[iM]http://montalban.7thcavalry.us/OA.png[/img]

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

I believe I have narrowed this down to a corrupt EXE.

Sprockets Size: 18.57 mb

Steam: 11.9 mb

Not even close. Can someone else care to confirm this?

That's because Sprocket .exe has version 1.52 while Steam is running 1.51.

Edited by Placebo

for some reason when i try to luanch it says" the game is currently univalible dose any1 now why its doin that or how long this might go on???:confused:

That's because Sprocket .exe has version 1.52 while Steam is running 1.51.

Highly unlikely.

Mikobiko, any word from Valve about it?

Highly unlikely.

Mikobiko, any word from Valve about it?

Restart your steam, valve didnt have the decryption stuff ready yet.

Restart your steam, valve didnt have the decryption stuff ready yet.

No no, I didn't download it yet. :o

So it's working now?

i'm posting sticky how merge them into Combined Operations

STEAM will have soon update to address this

No no, I didn't download it yet. :o

So it's working now?

Correct :) Just was a little slow on steams part for decryption. Altho im not sure why it was encrypted to begin with, they usually do that with preloads.

Correct :) Just was a little slow on steams part for decryption. Altho im not sure why it was encrypted to begin with, they usually do that with preloads.

Good to hear.

Dwarden, also good. Btw, just realized you are now officially a dev. :cool:

OA seems to be the top #1 seller in steam =) Congrats guys

hey guys,

I downloaded the latest official patch for OA and now its telling me that i need a CD, while i purchased it off steam.

does anyone else have this issue?

you may need to reinstall OA, steam came with the patch for arma2 1.7. there is no patch for AO yet as far as I know. You did not need to install a patch for AO.

it is, the problem is steam will updated it self u do not have to do it, if you do it the file will not be the same to steam so it will ask for a cd thinking you have it. I think but check around but I think that's what it is.

BI will release a patch that will remove the need for steam at some point like they did with arma2

I was wondering. I have the disc version of ArmA 2 but the Steam version of Operation Arrowhead. My friends are saying that they can enable ArmA 2 and there ACE. How do i get those "Things" in my expansion tab?

*Nevermind i figured it out, if anyone else has trouble I can help*

*But i may be playing so... you know...*

Edited by FighterD1