gimpymoo

ARMA2 & OA's Steam Thread: All Steam Q's/discussions go here [covered by Dwarden]

Okay, I tried removing the addons in the folder, but they're saved to the data, and if I don't have the things in the dta folder, it still crashes, and when I restore them, it crashes due the addon

I need a "clean" "core" and "bin", or clean "core.pbo.bi.bisign" and clean "bin.pbo.bi.bisign"

Ive been away a while and now have the steam version of arma 2 to update I just have to dld the 1.05 and Eagle Wing hotfix and update correct the files will go into the steam folder on there own?

STEAM version is still 1.04 so You need manually use universal 1.05 update and then minihotfix ...

reason is download size (285MB download vs ~ 5 GB)

I am getting annoyed, as whenever i need to reinstall arma 2 on steam, i have to update arma 2 to 1.05. Why hasn't steam been updated to 1.05, it would be so much more helpful.

I am getting annoyed, as whenever i need to reinstall arma 2 on steam, i have to update arma 2 to 1.05. Why hasn't steam been updated to 1.05, it would be so much more helpful.

when you get it all installed as you need it, BACK IT UP. Steam lets you..

"noone is ignoring STEAM users ... if You believe so i must tell You are plain wrong ... "

-Dwarden, moderator, dec 29th, 2009

"Sometimes in January I assume inevitable will happen and we will unleash full updated version 1.05 there but be aware that it will be very large file".

-Maruk, BI CEO, dec 29th, 2009

I wouldn't mind two days delay. Even two weeks would be understandable in some circumstances but two and a half months is just complete fucking bullshit. Worst Steam support for a game ever :mad:

as i stated on STEAM forums ... update will come to STEAM together with 1.06

Whenever i click the icon on my desktop for arma 2 i always get the message:

This game is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

I have been getting this message for over 24 hours and i cant live without arma for that looong! someone help me! I am desperate.

How do I delete my ArmA2 1.4 to do a clean install?

I got this game since it first came out and I haven't been able to play it because the the vram graphical problems.

would someone pls post the <4 gig xp commandline exactly so I can copy and paste. Is that would help my problems....I rather do that and wait for 1.6.

Edited by Soulfly

Is it possible to reinstall arma 2 after it has been downloaded ? I had to reinstall Windows 7. All my files were no longer available so I had to restore them from a backup and now it won't launch, tells me to reinstall the game. Anyone know how to do this? Steam troubleshooting is no help.

(I did a search but you get hundreds of threads and no answer)

Maybe try right clicking on ArmAII in steam, hit properties, hit Local Files and then select verify integrity of game cache?

Ok the official 1.05 patch on the Arma2 site. I wanted to use it to get my Steam 1.04 version up to 1.05 but the directions there are very cryptic.

It says :

File: ARMA 2 Update 1.05

The official update for ARMA 2 from 1.00 to 1.04 (including the Steam version, note that Verify file cache and autoupdate will not work properly until the full 1.05 is also out directly on Steam).

Ok it's update 1.05 but in the text it says 1.00 to 1.04, what does that mean?? That it will work for all this version or that it will update to that version??

I wan't to know if this works for my Steam 1.04 version.

1.05 updater is universal and will work fine with 1.04 STEAM build

just disable autoupdate of ARMA 2 prior install of this patch

1.05 updater is universal and will work fine with 1.04 STEAM build

just disable autoupdate of ARMA 2 prior install of this patch

Thank you for that info :)

why is the 1.05 update still missing on steam. I have the DVD and I decided to get the steam version so to make life easier...wrong.. Strange this patch is still not on steam.

why is the 1.05 update still missing on steam. I have the DVD and I decided to get the steam version so to make life easier...wrong.. Strange this patch is still not on steam.

yet again same question

it was clearly stated that there will be no 1.05 patch for STEAM ...

next patch will be ...

disable autoupdate for ARMA 2 in STEAM game list properties

then download 250MB universal installer and update your STEAM build?

yet again same question

it was clearly stated that there will be no 1.05 patch for STEAM ...

next patch will be ...

disable autoupdate for ARMA 2 in STEAM game list properties

then download 250MB universal installer and update your STEAM build?

yes yes.. but it not clearly stated why... that was the question.. not how to override the problem.. I saw that is an earlier post..Thanks anyway...and I have it working fine.

I also I have the beta running. However again...it is not clearly stated when I paid for it that steam was going to run one version behind?? Don't get me wrong, I like steam it allows me to have the game and not clutter up the house with DVD boxes/case. It is just a question not a demand..

For ppl that purely run steam they will be none the wiser there is a patch out and to be honest... 1.05 was a very good patch for me.

We know 1.05 will never be distributed through Steam. That's fine. But what about the impending patch to make ArmA2 compatable with OA (1.06 seems the likely candidate). IMO, it's necessary for Steam users, especially those planning on also purchasing OA through Steam. There must be some sort of update through Steam to make this work...

IMO, it's necessary for Steam users, especially those planning on also purchasing OA through Steam. There must be some sort of update through Steam to make this work...

I would certainly hope so, a lot of people on Steam don't even know about 1.05 I would imagine.

The really scary thing though is that OA touches down in 7 days and there is no Steam pre-order to be found. :yikes:

One step closer :cool: I'm guessing...but I would say the pre-order option will be available Monday. I would think...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/33930/

I hope, I've added it to my wishlist for now, but actually pre-ordering would be nice. I'm a bit bothered though, seems the estimated unlock time is very late on the 29th :butbut:

all going well so far ... stay tuned ... that blip on radar is closing !

why buy from steam when you can buy from Sprocket and directly support BIS?

Plus sprocket is cheaper :)

why buy from steam when you can buy from Sprocket and directly support BIS?

I bought my copy of Arma2 on Steam and have been pretty happy with it, just seems logical that I do the same with OA. :deal: