gimpymoo

ARMA2 & OA's Steam Thread: All Steam Q's/discussions go here [covered by Dwarden]

Yes shift tab makes the game go crazy. You can work around the issue (by keep trying to press shift+tab again until it gets fixed) but it would be nice if this was handled officially.

Yes shift tab makes the game go crazy. You can work around the issue (by keep trying to press shift+tab again until it gets fixed) but it would be nice if this was handled officially.

Yea, but I'm sure there has got to be some key configuration that someone has figured out by now that works. I've tried so many combinations but everytime I think I've found the one that works, I come to find out that that key is actually important and needed... and so I have to disable that talk key once again.

I'm forced to run Arma2 in Windowed mode until this is fixed.

Hello!

I wounder, is the game offline on steam ? becaus when i try ti connect it says " the game isnt availavble at this time" i were tweeking around a bit, but nothing that should affect that, any ideas ?

Hello!

I wounder, is the game offline on steam ? becaus when i try ti connect it says " the game isnt availavble at this time" i were tweeking around a bit, but nothing that should affect that, any ideas ?

Please do not start new threads when there are existing threads on the subject.

Luhgnut;1395813']How can I tear out 1.03 and go back to 1.02 under steam?
You can't... unless you backed up the game (using the steam backup system) before downloading the patch.

If you did make a backup, then uninstall and reinstall from the backup (and be sure to turn of automatic updating).

do the beta patches go out to steam users or is it only when it becomes a "full" release that steam will get it?

there is possible issue that sometimes beta patch refuse to install ...

in beta thread and in STEAM UserForum (SUF) there are sticky topics with workaround details

other than that beta works with STEAM w/o issue just remember you need add/start \beta\arma2.exe it as nonSTEAM game if You want use STEAMfriends overlay

Hi Guys,

I am having a bit of trouble, I just moved house and do not have an internet connection there for a month while it gets installed etc. I really want to play arma 2 but when I try and launch it from steams offline mode it says 'no client logon information was found'. It did work for a few days offline then all of a sudden blocked me with this message. I have internet connection here at work so possible somehow I can download the my steam logon details here and take them home on a USB?

Can anyone help?

EDIT\\ Sorry I accidently posted in general, suppose to be in troubleshooting

Edited by jwalstab
EDIT\\ Sorry I accidently posted in general, suppose to be in troubleshooting

Same thing happened to me I could not find a work around my only saving grace was I had a copy from peter games (German version) Good luck though

Cheer's ChefD

I may be mistaken, but doesn't running a beta work around Steam entirely? I'm pretty sure I've closed Steam out and started my beta version with no need to log into Steam.

The Problem with setting steam in offline mode is that you need internet to do it.

i guess its some sort of protection they putted in..

once you have set it in offline mode you restart steam. and i asks if you want to play offline..

after that you should take a backup of ClientRegistry.blob just incase you press wrong button. "Go online" . you will have a problem if you have no Inet. you can just replace ClientRegistry.blob with your backup.

this file should be Backed up after you have set steam in offline mode.

also this file should be rebacked up each time steam updates,

Edited by nuxil

Like Wupjak mentioned, the beta's circumvent steam activation when you attempt run the game. For the game to work offline, you need to be absolutely sure the game is fully updated. If you still have internet, check the file integrity ruthlessly, then check for any steam software updates. If both come up clean and ready, pick offline mode. While typing this I just tried it with non beta ArmA2 1.04 after unplugging my modem, it works. Just remember your files for the game have to be up-to-date or Steam throws one hell of a bitch-fit, so always do an integrity check and then run the game afterwards after an update and never trust a steam update when it says the game is 100%.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

The Problem with setting steam in offline mode is that you need internet to do it.

i guess its some sort of protection they putted in..

No, if you do not have any active internet, steam will realize this while attempting to connect and ask if you want to start in offline mode. You do not need internet to go into offline mode.

Yea I made sure it logged in offline mode before the move, I was using it for 3 weeks fine as a trial. Seems it just randomly deleted my user logon information in the clientregistry.blob.

Was just hoping there was a way to play my game...looks like I will have to use my time to actually unpack :\

Steakslim

No, if you do not have any active internet, steam will realize this while attempting to connect and ask if you want to start in offline mode. You do not need internet to go into offline mode.

maybe i was not clear.

you only need to have internet connected once. its when you set steam in offline mode.

after that you dont need internet to use steam offline

but you need internet to set steam in offline mode the 1st time.

i know this because i was without internet for a few weeks. and i had to drag my big ass pc to my friend's house to borrow his internett so i could set steam in offline mode.

i only set steam in online mode when i see a new patch for arma2.

after patching its back in offline + backup ;)

Edited by nuxil

Try going into steams "apps" folder and then into arma2's folder and just run the game from the executable there. That being said, I had just d/l the 1.05 update manually from armedassault.info so I'm not sure if that's what did it, but it might be worth a try. The executable i looked at was just a standard exe, bot -applaunch 47834 or whatever

As a steam member, is it automatically downloaded or do I have to do it manually from the ARMA front page?

Let me ask it this way...

With steam, is it automatically downloaded and installed like other updates or do we have to do it manually?

As of right now, you have to download the newest patch by yourself. Bohemia said they are trying to fix that problem for Steam. Download it and install the patch then turn off auto update for the game.

To do this

Go to My games tab>Right click ARMA2>properties>Updates>Do not automatically update this game.

The problem with that, is that for some reason Steam sometimes turns auto updater for that game back on.

Hello,

Unfortunately, I made the mistake to buy ARMA II online through Steam, thinking Steam was just some kind of online reseller of this program and not a game system, which require to run, in order you can use your game.

So I tried the following:

I have exported (copied from C: ) to my game specialized hard-disk "F:" the Arma II directory you can found in the Steam path: "steamapps\common" and then, fully disabled + invalidated Steam by deactivating "autorun on boot" and renaming to something else, its installation root directory. Just before to do that, I had first checked that the game was running properly and installed the last patch 1.05.

I was definitively not expecting this rather "drastical tweak" would succeed and was waiting a failure to run this exported version. But to my big surprise, it seem to work without any problems. I played some tutorial training missions and since now, I didn't detected any strange behaviours.

So, this is the reason I come here to ask:

May I consider this "straight forward exportation" fully safe and can I therefore now, fully uninstall Steam ?

Many thanks in forward for your answer

ACS

I wrote already an Email to Steam support, but to my view, this is the best place to ask this specific question, because Bohemia Interactive IS the development team, NOT Steam.