gimpymoo

ARMA2 & OA's Steam Thread: All Steam Q's/discussions go here [covered by Dwarden]

The game is out on Steam?! :eek: With me, the ArmA 2 page on Steam says the game won't be out before the 30th, in two days! :confused: How did people here get it earlier? Does it have something to do with the country you live in or something?

Yeah, it's because of what country you live in most likely.

The game is out on Steam?! :eek: With me, the ArmA 2 page on Steam says the game won't be out before the 30th, in two days! :confused: How did people here get it earlier? Does it have something to do with the country you live in or something?

Yes, its something to do with the country you live in.

Its out for the USA on steam on the 26th already.

For the rest of the world, its coming out on the 30th on Steam.

Note: Steam detects where you live, based on your internet ip address.

Don't worry about it, ARMA 2 is not going to run away :D !

Hey in the faq it says steam overlay and friends list and such work, but they don't work in my game? Is this just me or is the functionality coming later?

I love that it's based on country that you live for release date only (for Aus/US I mean)

US gets it a few days earlier than us as is on steam, the difference being that the Aus retail release date is August 27, but the Aus steam release date is June 30, and the Aus retail price is AU$100, the Steam retail price is US$49.99 (roughly AU$62, depending on the Aussie dollar at the time)

Hey in the faq it says steam overlay and friends list and such work, but they don't work in my game? Is this just me or is the functionality coming later?

they works for me ...

for

STEAM version of ARMA 2 Demo / ARMA 2 full

retail version of (must be started via add-non STEAM game) ARMA 2 Demo / ARMA 2 full

BUT if you are VISTA user YOU need take part in STEAM beta client program

on STEAM UI on top there is menu, choose VIEW > SETTINGS > in beta section choose CHANGE ... and enter "STEAM Beta Client"

Restart STEAM and now overlay will work with VIsta's Direct9EX which ARMA 2 uses by default :)

for more technical details see http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=903468

Edited by Dwarden

they works for me ...

for

STEAM version of ARMA 2 Demo / ARMA 2 full

retail version of (must be started via add-non STEAM game) ARMA 2 Demo / ARMA 2 full

BUT if you are VISTA user YOU need take part in STEAM beta client program

on STEAM UI on top there is menu, choose VIEW > SETTINGS > in beta section choose CHANGE ... and enter "STEAM Beta Client"

Restart STEAM and now overlay will work with VIsta's Direct9EX which ARMA 2 uses by default :)

for more technical details see http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=903468

Thanks very much.

double click (Left,Right,Middle mouse buttons) works fine and w/o issue in both demo and full game under STEAM same as w/o STEAM for me ...

so still see some reason to not buy on STEAM :bounce3:

Only if I can be 100% sure I won't have the double-click problem in the full version on Steam.

Will any of the retail 'boxed' editions of ArmA II be able to be activated on Steam?

:butbut:

Hi all. I know that there have been threads before about Steam questions, but I am still worried about it.

There are a number of reasons, the biggest being mods. I still, through searching through the number of threads on the steam version, are unclear about how to install mods and make them run. The other problem I have with the steam version is if I lose internet for whatever reason, I cannot play. Its a really hard choice.

This is killing me as ArmA 2 is the game I have wanted for a long time now but I have to wait even longer for the retail version to hit the States. Is the Steam version every bit as moddable and user friendly as the retail version? Should I wait for the retail version? What are my options for offline play, especially if I don't have an active internet connection.

I always go for boxed retal if I can. I hate buying games on steam unless i have to. I like to have a box and manual to hold makes me feel i have brought somthing. pluss you can play the campaign without interwebs..

I used to love Steam and have many games on it.... until I got burned by Stalker Clear Sky issue....

Patches do not come very often for steam if the developers do not send them to steam... now I know this is not Steams fault but in the end they lose vs retail.

Stalker:CS for example is still at version 1.8 on Steam, yet 1.9 has been out for over 2 months now.... that is why I wont buy ARMA2 on Steam and other games either... Valve are awesome however with their patches and games.

Yapa

Hi all. I know that there have been threads before about Steam questions, but I am still worried about it.

There are a number of reasons, the biggest being mods. I still, through searching through the number of threads on the steam version, are unclear about how to install mods and make them run. The other problem I have with the steam version is if I lose internet for whatever reason, I cannot play. Its a really hard choice.

This is killing me as ArmA 2 is the game I have wanted for a long time now but I have to wait even longer for the retail version to hit the States. Is the Steam version every bit as moddable and user friendly as the retail version? Should I wait for the retail version? What are my options for offline play, especially if I don't have an active internet connection.

the mod question i addressed several times (like dozen posts already)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1326311&postcount=266

and it's even covered in official STEAM FAQ (here and on steam forums) ...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75958

STEAM offline works also

please use search more :)

---------- Post added at 03:43 ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 ----------

I used to love Steam and have many games on it.... until I got burned by Stalker Clear Sky issue....

Patches do not come very often for steam if the developers do not send them to steam... now I know this is not Steams fault but in the end they lose vs retail.

Stalker:CS for example is still at version 1.8 on Steam, yet 1.9 has been out for over 2 months now.... that is why I wont buy ARMA2 on Steam and other games either... Valve are awesome however with their patches and games.

Yapa

we are in charge of STEAM release and STEAM patches will come with zero or minimal delay ... again covered in STEAM FAQ

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75958

I got the game though steam and tried to view the manual. But when you look at it, it shows both pages of the manual on one page. So when you try to print it, the print is VERY small, too small to read. Is there another version of the manual we can get or maybe a link to the manual? Thanks.

Here is what the manual looks like. Only the first page of it is a single page: http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/33900/ArmA%202_Manual_US.pdf?t=1246056747

It isn't a problemm with the manual but a problem with the person that thought it was ok to upload the manual in such a format.

Ha Hah hah ROFL

PRESS THE + button in your browser or Adobe reader to get to the desired zoom level; perfectly ledgible.

Numpties.

Ha Hah hah ROFL

Also you can print it. And not that you need to, you can print at a higher zoom level.

When printing choose land scape.

By the way US manual seems more detailed than the UK printed manual.

You made me laugh very Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Walker, your zooming "fix" does nothing to adjust the way it prints. If you look at the demo manual, they made it so each page is by itself. But on the steam manual two pages are together and this makes it impossible to be printed. When is this going to be fixed? We should be able to have a printable manual.

I bought a retail version of ArmA2, and added to steam so I can chat while I play. Now when Ingame I try to press shift+tab to open the In-Game community, it wont open it. Anyone got idea what causes this?

I bought a retail version of ArmA2, and added to steam so I can chat while I play. Now when Ingame I try to press shift+tab to open the In-Game community, it wont open it. Anyone got idea what causes this?

if you got Vista then you need use new STEAM beta client

STEAM UI > top menu VIEW > Settings > beta section Change > choose STEAM beta client > restart steam

save that PDF to Your harddrive ...

use good, small, fast, secure software like FoxIT http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/

to read and print it

Umm, how does this help??? Did you even read the original problem and question?

Foxit is just like Adobe, I have no problem viewing it, I have a problem printing it because some idiot loaded it with two pages per a single page. So when you print it, it prints both pages to a single page and it is too small to read.

Foxit, just like Adobe, will not seperate the two pages into a single page.

Can we get a FIX for that?? How hard would it be for them to scan the pages individually instead of together?

So what time does it unlock for the rest of the world on 30th of June? Will it be daytime US 30th of June or local times?

Hi Armor9

1) You need to print Landscape Format.

2) Select Fit to printable Area.

Select pages 2 and 3 to print as a test and tell me your experience.

If that is not sufficient I will post how to zoom print.

Kind regards walker