gimpymoo

ARMA2 & OA's Steam Thread: All Steam Q's/discussions go here [covered by Dwarden]

Q4FAQ:

- Does the Steam ArmA2 executable differ in any way as to prevent users from testing beta versions of the program?

- When new versions of ArmA2 come out, do we have to wait for a special patch from Steam?

Q4FAQ

- Will it be possible to activate a previously bought hardcopy version of Arma2 on Steam via the Steam games list?

That's pretty much what I asked earlier, but got no answer. Would be nice as a way to play without a CD/securom and as a backup in case the CD goes bad.

Q4FAQ

-Are there any form of activation limits on ArmA2? Can I upgrade my hardware without needing to perform some sort of de-activation first or worry about running out of activations?

I just pre-ordered Arma 2 through Steam and received a pay pal confirmation but no confirmation through steam with a activation key is this normal, does this game need an activation key, or does it just activate with my steam account, sorry but i am new to Steam.

I just pre-ordered Arma 2 through Steam and received a pay pal confirmation but no confirmation through steam with a activation key is this normal, does this game need an activation key, or does it just activate with my steam account, sorry but i am new to Steam.

It activates with your account. Some games like Fallout 3 have keys too, but you get those when you get the game. :)

Good I thought I might have missed something important, thanks for the quick response!!

Q4FAQ

Ok this is likely stupid question but anyway...

When I get a boxed retail copy of ARMA2 on June 19th will I be able to play it the same day or do I have to wait for the steam unlock day and activate it etc on steam whenever that is?

Sorry but I got Empire total war when it came out, steam made me soo mad. After a while i figured out i had to wait a couple of days to actually play it since it had to be activated on steam...

Am hoping to avoid the same thing again with ARMA2 so a good answer would be handy. Also i couln't find any other good information about it from other sources.

My Steam account says it's coming out on June 30th. Everyone else is saying June 26th. Is this a Steam error or is it because I don't live in North America?

My Steam account says it's coming out on June 30th. Everyone else is saying June 26th. Is this a Steam error or is it because I don't live in North America?

The original release date was June 26, 2009, but it is now June 19, 2009.

This is getting on my nerves about release dates. Can we get a sticky, with the release dates for ALL regions, including steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/33900/

This website still says the 30th for me :(

I'm confused. It's under the My Games tab in my Steam but I can't get any info on it by clicking.

When I click on that link it says June 26th.

armajune26.th.jpg

It must know what part of the world we're in based on our IPs and present us with the appropriate release date. The actual release dates must be different depending on our region, even through Steam.

If you buy a boxed retail copy, you'll be able to play right away.

Arma2.jpg

Must be by IP. This sucks, I have to wait four extra days. Oh well. At least I'll have AA3 to play.

Merging into the existing Steam thread.

Not sure which part of "search before posting" in the forum rules isn't clear enough?

Trunkz Jr remove image tags when quoting please.

Edited by Placebo

YESS!!!

My countries petro-dollar is rising making it more affordable to buy products in USD

Oil at $80 a barrel = CAD $1 = $1.30 USD:unclesam:

Fear the power of Canada

Fear the power of Canada

Also, blame Canada!

As for Steam, for me here in Germany it says June 30th. Not that I really care... :)

i cancelled my order at steam, i got refunded. I bought it from a dutch site instead, ill be getting it on the 19th. woohoo. and it was cheaper

they probably will probably within the 5 days before the release date.

Is there any chance that you may allow Retail serial keys to be activated on STEAM?

I have no idea how much this would cost you in terms of Valves fees but if the publisher is worried about losing retail sales, it would help reduce lost "retail" sales for those who prefer STEAM.