Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

Guys I think you that ACE2 will still be in a BETA stage for some time , and due to the effectiveness and incredible rapidity of ACE team;) to solve things you must understand the updater is the best solution.

just wait a bit and ppl will write better documentation on this softxare

Receiving incremental file list

arma2.exe.gz

arma2server.exe.gz

changelog.txt

readme.txt

addons/anims_characters_config_pbo.bi.bisign.gz

and the list of wierd downloads continues...

its still doing it say xfer#17

Whats all these???

beta patch

I am bit confused at the moment about this updater.

So I downloaded it, started it, and it gave me bunch of options as it should have done.

what option should I use for simply just downloading the modfolder to my ArmA2 directory? I got it to open up some web page with bunch of dropdown boxes, but didn't figure how to get it to download the mod I want... please help

Sorry for sounding stupid but I don't seem to have quite gotten the sixupdater yet... I have CBA installed already, is there a way to make the updater recognise my already installed CBA, or do I need to add the .7zip file to the sixupdater folder? Same if I install ACE to a modfolder like you'd normally do, can I make it recognise my ACE installation? I added the @CBA mod in the web config but all it did was give an error: "...\six-updater\six-updater.yml config missing!" It really seems it's easier to just download and install the mod the old way :P

Just a quick question guys, i havent installed the update tool yet. But i noticed the newer version on dev-heaven. In the future, can any updates to the tool itself be applied through the program? Or is a case of keepin up to date manually with the releases on dev-heaven?

Cheers...

Just a quick question guys, i havent installed the update tool yet. But i noticed the newer version on dev-heaven. In the future, can any updates to the tool itself be applied through the program? Or is a case of keepin up to date manually with the releases on dev-heaven?

Cheers...

The suite can update its components.

I only supply the updated packages so that ppl who install from scratch will have the latest components available.

beta? what beta? ACE beta?

Its the current Arma2 beta Patch from Bis. (If you get it over the updater it will keep the beta patch up to date too)

The Ace2 beta isnt released till now i think

Ok im getting it now with the Updater. But i have two Question left, can i use my lovely ArmA 2 Launcher to start the Game and select/deselect the Mods and where can i download those mysterious 7z Files for the Updater described in the Quickstart?

Its the current Arma2 beta Patch from Bis. (If you get it over the updater it will keep the beta patch up to date too)

The Ace2 beta isnt released till now i think

But he posted:

Does this mean that I will have to start the game from this website thing if I want to play the game with ACE2 everytime?

Also, everything seems smooth following the quick start guide and its starting to download a HUGE 4gb thing... what's that???????

4 GB for the current ARMA 2 Beta Patch? This is very confusing.

The updater only take care that your modfolders are up do date, you can run them over the shortcut or the launcher.

oh.... I see.. getting it! :)

So the updater is downloading all of these mods again onto my computer so that they becomes "updatable" by the updater in future. Which means that I need to delete the corresponding mod folders that I had downloaded manually previously.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

@Kristian

Follow this guide:

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Quickstart

How can you people be so boring...? Just try to scroll back few pages, everything has been said & explained like 100 times before... Some of you are so annoying...

I am sorry, I tried scrolling back but I guess I missed the "help". Now I have faced a new problem.

EDIT: I got it working, now waiting for ACE to get released and ready to download. Thanks for help Minoza :)

Edited by Kristian
I was a retard, and I still am

3. Start the updater and select item 1 and press enter, this will open a web interface after a few seconds
:confused: For some strange reason it opens up a word document which becomes unusable, in fact i have this dam problem with MSN ??

Vista man needs help

I am sorry, I tried scrolling back but I guess I missed the "help". Now I have faced a new problem.

In part 8 of instructions, I can find CBA, but not ACE or ACEX, is this because they arent out, or what?

yes, NOT out yet.

When they'll be out, there is gonna be a new thread in created in the Addons & Mods - Completed subforum created

In part 8 of instructions, I can find CBA, but not ACE or ACEX, is this because they arent out, or what?

Yes, it is because it is not out yet. And I was reffering to all the lazy peps out there, not you, if you couldn't find, then I'm glad I could help. :)

How can you people be so boring...? Just try to scroll back few pages, everything has been said & explained like 100 times before... Some of you are so annoying...

Hey chill dude. Everything isnt super clear to everyone.

No they are not out yet... Anyway... so is it possible to use the updater without adding the .7zip files? Can't find any way to locate the modfolders manually in the web updater, and the updater program just whines about those logs... What's with that? What logs should I have there? I mean, where should they come from if they're not already there?

(six-updater.yml)

For those that don't no how to work the updater tool, just wait until the mod is released in the completed forum and download via exe/7z complete download.

Patience :)

Hey chill dude. Everything isnt super clear to everyone.

Alex,

I'm glad to help anyone who doesn't understand, I just don't like lazy ones...

I apologize if I sounded offensive to anyone, it wasn't my intention.

-Igor

For those that don't no how to work the updater tool, just wait until the mod is released in the completed forum and download via exe/7z complete download.

Amen :-)

Well, even if (which I assume) an initial download package is issued they'll have trouble staying up to date without the tool ;)

Alex,

I'm glad to help anyone who doesn't understand, I just don't like lazy ones...

Can't blame you for that. Always people practically expecting customer service over the phone, instead of taking ten minutes to read the instructions. ^^

Maybe it works if you have all files in the initial complete rar, even the rsync files etc, so you may can use the updater only to update. (but you need install and get it configured to update your mod too)

dont know if this works