Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

Probably a problem on my end, but I´m getting an internal error - code 500 when I try to do the - add existing - part on the web page. I think I exactly followed the instructions given on the Quickstart page. Any help would be appreciated :)

I just ran it and works like a charm (Win 7 x64). DL-ing CBA and VopSound. Thank you for this great tool!

God I hope this updater isn't a huge pain in the ass for me. I really dislike these things. As expected, I'm already having problems.

And I'm happy to have daily updates and not to play with some bugs for weeks. Big respect for this own tool!

Damn sorry for your issues mate :)

Following instructions are only specific to this situation

Please uninstall the software, reinstall the latest version: http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/3586/SIX_Updater_v0.1.7_setup.exe

and give it a spin again, follow completely official ways, so option 1, etc.

A reboot, like with Gedis, could save the day, possibly too :)

well, I just reinstalled the updater and update, then I reboot my PC

I found there is something wrong if I compared with Gedis's capture

here is mine, and after the second window comes out and give the load the IE to http://localhost , it jumps out those texts and closed immediately which is different to his case ..

I just captured this screen because it is really fast... hope there is some clues there and now I am downloading the new version that u gave me ...

Thank You.

er... could we still do it the old ACE1 way of downloading updaters if we cannot sort out the auto-updater?

The updater is a great tool, updating the Ace2 mod takes less than 5 mins with this tool (once you have installed it and set the updater on update).

As someone said, its much better to have bugs cleared out in short time instead waiting for the next patched full release.

The Ace guys are really bussy guys, there were much updates the last days/weeks. Sometimes a few updates in only one day.

Cant wait the release to play the mod on public servers with ppl :)

I thought that ACE wasn't released yet but people are saying they have updated it already? I am now very confused

Wow this thing is not easy to use nor does the installation help at all for someone that's not that goo with this kinda of thing. Can someone that understands this thing PM me? Maybe you can help me. I want to learn this thing so I don't just say screw ACE2. I'm assuming this thing needs to be used to play ACE2, even for a lowly SP player like myself.

abbadon101,

Me too. Very confused.

I thought that ACE wasn't released yet but people are saying they have updated it already? I am now very confused

The download tool is released, so that people can get it and configure it before ACE2 arrives.

The download tool is released, so that people can get it and configure it before ACE2 arrives.

That's not all that people are talking about. Check a few pages back.

EDIT:

Ah it seems some of the testers are showing off the fact that they have it already.

I have no clue what's going on with this updater, can I not use mod folders I manually set up? Is that what I'm reading?

Edited by Manzilla

@ Kenex05:

Thanks! Might be related to your Chinese (?) localization. I'll setup a Chinese VM soon and have a look.

@ Guide Quality / Fool proofness:

We have tried our best to accomodate users on different levels, but it is very hard to accomplish.

Suggestions, feedback, videos, screenshots, are all very welcome. Sharing is caring! :)

The updater is a great tool, updating the Ace2 mod takes less than 5 mins with this tool (once you have installed it and set the updater on update).

As someone said, its much better to have bugs cleared out in short time instead waiting for the next patched full release.

The Ace guys are really bussy guys, there were much updates the last days/weeks. Sometimes a few updates in only one day.

Cant wait the release to play the mod on public servers with ppl :)

Thanks for the praise and support mate :)
er... could we still do it the old ACE1 way of downloading updaters if we cannot sort out the auto-updater?
Officially A.C.E will be distributed by the means we have announced.

We recommend our system, for a great many reasons which I have tried to describe as good as possible in the past pages.

Still, if anyone out there has different opinions, and rather uses Tool X, or legacy method Y, it is up to them to provide such means.

In the worst case scenario, you can fetch the Milestone releases from any mirror and unpack everything on your own.

Still, you'd be much better of reporting your issues with the updater, and together we will work towards a better, brighter future ;)

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks for the praise and support mate :)

Officially A.C.E will be distributed by the means we have announced.

We recommend our system, for a great many reasons that I have tried to describe as good as possible in the past pages.

Still, if anyone out there has different opinions, and rather uses Tool X, or legacy method Y, it is up to them to provide such means.

In the worst case scenario, you can fetch the Milestone releases from any mirror and unpack everything on your own.

Still, you'd be much better of reporting your issues with the updater, and together we will work towards a better, brighter future ;)

So for us idiots that have no clue how to use this thing and have been trying to learn for an hour, do you know anyone that could help me quickly by PM or MSN to set this thing up. The documentation doesn't help me at all.

to me it says

WARNING:something went wrong starting the app: beta/arma2.exe

what i have to doo:confused:

to me it says

WARNING:something went wrong starting the app: beta/arma2.exe

what i have to doo:confused:

Add the beta mod, to the beta preset, or instead use the Vanilla preset, if you dont want to use ArmA 2 Official Beta.

Add the beta mod, to the beta preset, or instead use the Vanilla preset, if you dont want to use ArmA 2 Official Beta.

How do I get to this point? I'm on the webpage but nothing even happens?

Can I still use my manually set up mod folders?

Really cant wait for ace 2 now :D

i would like to say i big thank you to all the Team at ace you guys rock

DF

Edited by DarkFenix100

This got me concerned:

It is important to realize that the software cannot work with modfolders that are either manually installed, or by other distribution software

Does this mean that all our other mods would be dustbinned to give way for ACE2???

This got me concerned:

It is important to realize that the software cannot work with modfolders that are either manually installed, or by other distribution software

Does this mean that all our other mods would be dustbinned to give way for ACE2???

No, it just means that if you have already have for example a @CBA folder in your ArmA 2 install dir, then the SIX updater won't download a new one, even if your already installed one is not up to date.

I also hope that a .rar version (the old-fashioned way) is released in addition to the new method, imho it's easier and more convenient. I also hope this is released today seeing as it's my day off, but what can you do? :p

i dont understand:biggrin_o:

where i add the beta mod and how??:confused: