Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

will there be any way to enable even really simple cross-hairs?

I guess it will be as in WGL and ACE that you can turn that off through the settings as in vanilla arma. The reason people think they dont have crosshairs is because they have them disabled in the difficulty settings while making videos, if Im not wrong? There is no reason for ACE-team to disable that.

darn, note 8 doesn't help :( still showing "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

Tnx. Could you copy me the output or make a screenshot, after executing that command, and having all the (error) output on screen ?

Adding that to the ticket would be most helpful.

I guess it will be as in WGL and ACE that you can turn that off through the settings as in vanilla arma. The reason people think they dont have crosshairs is because they have them disabled in the difficulty settings while making videos, if Im not wrong? There is no reason for ACE-team to disable that.

Having crosshairs is unrealistic, So i would presume ACE removes it, and unfortunately, i presume ace will remove the 'hold space bar for the range' which has to be the most useful thing on the hud.

With lots of questions about how ACE is going to be, Is it going to be compatible with Windows 7?

Oh, please don't bring the 'crosshairs is unrealistic'-discussion here. They are just as realistic as they are unrealistic, and there are a million other threads dedicated to the topic.

are you guys going to add something like fire which spreads out and burns down woods and towns, like in slx?

very athmospheric, if during a firefight in a town, or parts of the town get burned down.

Tnx. Could you copy me the output or make a screenshot, after executing that command, and having all the (error) output on screen ?

Adding that to the ticket would be most helpful.

I have no luck with Note#8 as well

sorry that I can't capture the output screen because my IE7 is Chinese.

I hope this problem could be solved before it released

btw, my OS is Win7 64bit

------------------------------------------------------

wait wait wait ...

I found something. I don't know if it matters

when the second window comes out after I entered 1

the name of second window displayed as "C:\xxxx\Six-Updater\tools\ruby\bin\ruby.exe" -u -rubygems six-launcher.rb

but in fact, I have deleted -U already before I run it

Edited by Kenex05

Having crosshairs is unrealistic, So i would presume ACE removes it, and unfortunately, i presume ace will remove the 'hold space bar for the range' which has to be the most useful thing on the hud.

With lots of questions about how ACE is going to be, Is it going to be compatible with Windows 7?

Having crosshairs is realistic, try to play House of Dead or another laser pistol game without crosshair.... with mouse!

In real condition you've entire 3D space and you can point with your finger in any direction with good accuracy

Removing crosshair you'll shot random and you'll only use the ironsight / optic so this is really unreal because if you see an enemy behind a corner you shot without iron/or optic... or with a pistol.... you point without ironsight...

Harder is not same thing that REAL

as the racing sim with a stupid phisycs without grip...

as the arma 2 AI that can 1 shot from high distance without optic weapons...

sorry but I'm really frustrated for this way of thinking!!!

for you last question... If your ArmA works with seven Ace will work on it....

Having crosshairs is realistic, try to play House of Dead or another laser pistol game without crosshair.... with mouse!

I guess the most WGL/ACE/ACE2 users do not play with crosshairs. You can aim without crosshair as in real life to hit close targets with a little training. On larger distance you have to use your ironsight / optics. Thats realistic in my view. Removing all crosshairs would be ok for me but not for those few. A cadett mode with crosshair should remain.

Removing all crosshairs would be ok for me but not for those few. A cadett mode with crosshair should remain.

Even in stock A2 the removal of them is a few clicks away in the difficulty menu. No need for a mod to do that.

@Kenex and Gedis:

Please reboot your system to be sure.

Then, please try running option 101 it should start updating Ruby gems, and install an update for six-updater and launcher.

Once done, close the launcher. Start the launcher again with the officially installed shortcut.

Try running the web-client now.

Crossing fingers...

Even in stock A2 the removal of them is a few clicks away in the difficulty menu. No need for a mod to do that.

I didn't say that ACE needs to change that. Every single person has to decide if he/she wants to play with or without. Anyway in the past there were two things: ACE1 changed the crosshairs, I made a little mod that removed all crosshairs and changed the one in planes (there was one included in proper too). That was good on servers with crosshairs activated, if you didnt want to play with crosshairs. If WGL changed the crosshairs I cant remember, maybe because I never played with activated crosshairs :p

Six Updater:

I just choosed the 100 and 101 options and it seemed to install both succesfully. Never placed any 7z files in the folder. Hopefully i didnt cock up.

do not bring the crosshair discussion in here please, there is already a thread about it.

ACE will not remove the crosshairs. It is your own choosing that you are playing with crosshairs on, or if you are joining servers who have it on. It is a difficulty client or server side option, use it. No need to remove it via mod

I want to know which Time Zone you guys are talking about.

Mod - Packed - Unpacked

-------------------------------

ACE Core - 45 MB - 56 MB

ACE eXtras - 516 MB - 605 MB

CBA - 84 *KB* - 387 *KB*

-------------------------------

TOTAL ~ 561 MB - 661 MB

They've posted it before

Not much things in the beta yet

Atm my ACE, CBA and ACEX folders are 1.21gb big, so dont trust the table, its more than 700 mb.

But maybe they release a smaller public beta than the closed one, with less content...

cba = 596kb

ace = 102mb

acex = 1.11 gb

(all unpacked)

Edited by Pain0815

Uninstaled, installed again, updated updater, but same problem, can't load that page, here are the screenz:

first launch + updating

cannot load page

Tnx, though reinstalling it was not required. You didnt restart the launcher after updating it it seems though. Not sure it would make a difference. The ticket I linked you to has a few more ideas on running on alternative ports, binding to the external interface, using internal/external ip address, or running the webrick webserver instead of the mongrel server. Your problem does seem to be related to that.

If you need help with the instructions, ill see if I can get you into a support-session with one of my supporters.

Atm my ACE, CBA and ACEX folders are 1.21gb big, so dont trust the table, its more than 700 mb.

But maybe they release a smaller public beta than the closed one...

The sizes are perfectly fine.

On the harddrive will be both packed and unpacked files, but that doesn't change the size of the actual mod or the amount of data you download.

Edited by Sickboy

Yes the download is packed, and has less size. But my acex is over 1gb, and in the table there were 700mb unpacked listed.

Yes the download is packed, and has less size. But my acex is over 1gb, and in the table there were 700mb unpacked listed.

605 MB unpacked + 515 MB packed (on my drive at this very moment). Is, about 1 GB total, yes.

ahhh

now i see, both pack and unpack are in the folder self. Sry for my rant. english isnt my native lang. didnt got it while reading first time.

great mod by the way! cant play arma without it anymore

ahhh

now i see, both pack and unpack are in the folder self. Sry for my rant. english isnt my native lang. didnt got it while reading first time.

NP. It is somewhat complex :D
rebooted PC and now page loads up!!! YaY!!!

Wahooooooooooo :D :yay: :cool:

@Kenex and Gedis:

Please reboot your system to be sure.

Then, please try running option 101 it should start updating Ruby gems, and install an update for six-updater and launcher.

Once done, close the launcher. Start the launcher again with the officially installed shortcut.

Try running the web-client now.

Crossing fingers...

sorry, I still have no luck with that

and now it seems to be more worse than before because I can't run it with "-U" whatever what I did

So ather instaling and updating the updater don't forget to reboot PC :D

P.S. my PC was running about a week without shutdowns or reboots ... (cassual stuff)

sorry, I still have no luck with that

and now it seems to be more worse than before because I can't run it with "-U" whatever what I did

Damn sorry for your issues mate :)

Following instructions are only specific to this situation

Please uninstall the software, reinstall the latest version: http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/3586/SIX_Updater_v0.1.7_setup.exe

and give it a spin again, follow completely official ways, so option 1, etc.

A reboot, like with Gedis, could save the day, possibly too :)