Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

what do u mean ??

the ACE2 public beta required CBA and Offica ArmA2l Beta ??

ACE as announced requires CBA.

It is recommended to use the Official ArmA 2 Beta patch, but that is entirely up to you :)

btw, is it just put the .7z under the folder of six-updater ??

Yes, put the 7z files in the updater folder. When you have configured the updater to install the mods, it will find the 7z files and complete the initial install by extracting the .7z files instead of downloading them from the rsync mirrors.

If isnt too much, can I ask for all ACE releated media released so far? Like features screens, weapons sketches, logos, videos...

Just want to create an "Oficial Topic" about ACE2 in few foruns to "spread the word", help ppl (the update system might be tricky for some) etc.. Something like: http://adrenaline.com.br/forum/5128887-post3201.html (in PT-BR), but more complete.

If isnt too much, can I ask for all ACE releated media released so far? Like features screens, weapons sketches, logos, videos...

Just want to create an "Oficial Topic" about ACE2 in few foruns to "spread the word", help ppl (the update system might be tricky for some) etc.. Something like: http://adrenaline.com.br/forum/5128887-post3201.html (in PT-BR), but more complete.

Checking page 1 should be a good start :)

Checking page 1 should be a good start :)

Not everthing is there =\

Here is the playlist containing all ACE 2 videos released so far.

Just a quick update, the Guide for Server Admins, Rsync Mirror Setups, has been updated to reflect the removed requirements of ports 22 and 873 to be available! Any port's fine now :P

Is Zeus AI Combat Skills going to mess up things with ACE if I give it a higher importance in the Launcher?

Im really looking forward to this mod.

ATM im playing SP only and im many times frustrated by overpowerd AI or of the stupidness of my AI Squad. Will ACE2 make also a different better AI Experience for SP?

Is Zeus AI Combat Skills going to mess up things with ACE if I give it a higher importance in the Launcher?

Are you sure Zeus will be better? I think its smarter to check ACE2 AI when its out and then make that choice.

hmm gas masks to stop the tear gas etc sounds awesome so i was thinking what about a Pilots Oxygen mask to help stop the black outs etc or the "G-force effects"?

thanks guys, i was aware of pressing the alt, its annoying to press alt, and drive the car at the same time though. Especially if you accidently hit tab, as then your game minimizes!

I was just hoping it would be like other fps, where you drive with keyboard, and look with mouse. Maybe ACE2 can fix it?

just double tap alt =)

Are you sure Zeus will be better? I think its smarter to check ACE2 AI when its out and then make that choice.

I checked ACE AI, but I also want to check Zeus without dropping all the cool ACE Featues

hmm gas masks to stop the tear gas etc sounds awesome so i was thinking what about a Pilots Oxygen mask to help stop the black outs etc or the "G-force effects"?

I think it already states in their Wiki that certain classes have advantages over others. Specially relating to its own type.

As for black outs or red outs, the pilots suit will have be taken into consideration as well not just the oxygen mask. But this isnt a flight sim.

I think it already states in their Wiki that certain classes have advantages over others. Specially relating to its own type.

As for black outs or red outs, the pilots suit will have be taken into consideration as well not just the oxygen mask. But this isnt a flight sim.

The basic idea is there. As you can see, Pilots have an advantage over other classes regarding their training status. =>> ACE2 Features G-Forces

I was just hoping it would be like other fps, where you drive with keyboard, and look with mouse. Maybe ACE2 can fix it?

I look with my mouse. Have the free look button mapped to my thumb button on the mouse. This doesnt have to be changed. Get a mouse with extra thumb buttons. My old one does the job well MX518 Logitech.

I checked ACE AI, but I also want to check Zeus without dropping all the cool ACE Featues

I agree. I think ACE2 and ZEUS AI compatibility is critical. Zeus AI brings unparalleled fighting skills to the AI in ArmA2. From what I read, ACE2 adds some nice features to the AI, but nothing on the level of ZEUS AI as far as pure combat skills and aggressiveness.

So I hope the ACE2 team will try to work with the creator of ZEUS to make them compatible with each other (or even better integrate ZEUS into ACE2 in a later update).

Anyways...that's just my 2 cents.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Team Leader of the Lost Brothers Mod

Just wanted to say thanks for all the work you guys are putting into this. The ACE team has my vote for ARMA2 mod of the year.

Mod developers are pretty much #ucked. On the one hand they publish stuff that's not finished and on the other hand they publish stuff that's way too late.

:butbut:

Just chill and wait some more hours. Bunch of childish ...

Have a question about the updater, do he share the files between the user who are downloading to speed up?

Mirrors

HTTP / FTP

We are looking for http / ftp mirrors to release our Milestone 7z's on.

Rsync

We are looking for rsync mirrors. An rsync mirror can be setup on any linux or Windows (using Cygwin) server.

Total connections and overal bandwidth can be limited.

More info soon.

hello SickBoy Im operating a new ArmA 2 Fan Site and I have unlimited bandwidth @ armaman.com I would be happy to set up a http/ftp/ mirror for you.

*(I hope this isn't considered spamming)

I just want to say the release anticipation (if translated) rivals releases of games such as BF2- among others!

Just want to congratulate everyone involved, you guys are the reason a lot of people will have fun for years to come!

:yay:

Edited by Sniper Pilot
spellcheck ;)

Almost 20 spam posts removed, and of course the majority of them was made by people joined in 2009. :rolleyes:

If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread, then don't post at all.

"can't wait", "i don't want to wait" and other crap is not constructive, it's pointless spam because there's no other option than to wait until it's released.