Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

Maybe it works if you have all files in the initial complete rar, even the rsync files etc, so you may can use the updater only to update. (but you need install and get it configured to update your mod too)

dont know if this works

That's how it works yep.

You download the mod's 7z files, put them in the updater installation folder and follow instructions.

If you don't download the .7z's, the initial install will happen over rSync, and the question is how busy are the rSync mirrors...

Better just get the .7z's once their out :D

Official Release Announcement up!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1507601#post1507601 !!!!!

Awaiting mirror providers to list their mirrors on the biki, etc.

Edited by Sickboy

Thats the best way after release to prevent waiting coz overlasted mirrors.

But i have a little question.

Till now we tested the ace2 mod with 15+ ppl every sunday, yesterday it happend that a few guys wasnt avaiable at the start of the beta event.

As they arrived they updated their ace and connected. But in the little time between the start of the testevent and their arrival ace got updated so they had a other version than the rest and the server.

I think they got those messages all time.

Are those popup messages come if the server runs a lower version of ace2 too? or only if the player has a lower version than the server?

if they need exact the same version to get those messages not popping up then there will be a little problem in my eyes, if you have the newest version then you may couldnt connect on servers which are running longer than the latest update is out.

Edited by Pain0815

can someone explain me how the Updater works i looked in the Quickstart of Rsync and followed through they say download any 7z for sixupdater like ACE/X????

and when iam on site i see only Vannila/Beta and when i scrolll down to select mod ACE is not there any ideas?

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

edit: i think i found out how to do it i refreshed and it was therei clicked Vanilla if thats alright i dont have nay Beta installed so

can someone explain me how the Updater works i looked in the Quickstart of Rsync and followed through they say download any 7z for sixupdater like ACE/X????

and when iam on site i see only Vannila/Beta and when i scrolll down to select mod ACE is not there any ideas?

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

edit: i think i found out how to do it i refreshed and it was therei clicked Vanilla if thats alright i dont have nay Beta installed so

I am still downloading the files, so i don't know if i have done it right.

First thing to do is to download the SIX Updater.

2° Install and launch it.

3° type 1 and press enter. Wait it to load and open in your browser.

4° Click configuration in the right side of the screen. Put the Login and pass and click synchronize.

5° Go over Configuration and click Presets. Choose beta or vanilla and click edit.

6° Scroll down until "Mods". Between "Create Another" and "Add Existingâ€. Chose Ace, AceX and other mods of your own choice.

7° Click Update.

8° Click "Main" in the right side of the screen. Change "Action" to "install or update, and start game"

9° Click "Execute" Now just wait until it downloads everything.

Best regards

Edited by anc

I actually did find a space that I placed within the updater site when I pasted my address. sadly, the updater site is taking forever to load pages today with everyone and their brother trying to access the files...argh

i got the .7z files, but what do i do with them now?

the six-updater makes no sense at all for me...

For non Engilsh-OS users:

if you cant open Web intarface http://localhost:1633try, try this step

1,Right click DOS window's Title bar

2,press T (or select second from bottom)

ws000000.th.jpg

3,chose preset code page value to 437 (red circle)

ws000001.th.jpg

then restart Six updater

sorry for my bad english