Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

Have a question about the updater, do he share the files between the user who are downloading to speed up?

Unfortunately, this is one of the features missing from the rSync tool.

However, the most data is downloaded during the initial installation.

The initial modfolder installations will be available in simple 7zip files (updated at every milestone release).

These 7zip files can then be mirrored over http / ftp / torrent, and the updater can use these for installation.

Updating is where rSync comes into play and saves a lot of bandwidth.

are you guys going to add something like fire which spreads out and burns down woods and towns, like in slx?

very athmospheric, if during a firefight in a town, or parts of the town get burned down.

About fire, please make fire burn people when you get close to it like in ACE1. Fire right now burns nothing and doesn't hurt at all.

ACE as announced requires CBA.

It is recommended to use the Official ArmA 2 Beta patch, but that is entirely up to you :)

Yes, put the 7z files in the updater folder. When you have configured the updater to install the mods, it will find the 7z files and complete the initial install by extracting the .7z files instead of downloading them from the rsync mirrors.

Now, I put those file under the updater folder and I entered 100 or 101 in the six-updater , so it updated. But I don't know if it works or how it exactly work.

How to launch the game ?? We can only use Six-Updater to launch game like entering "23" in updater, so we don't need to modify or put file under ARMA2 folder and launch the game with modified shortcut (-mod=@ACE2 etc.)??

and btw, once we've got the ACE2 beta .7z , if we need to use Six-Updater to install it like entering "21" ??

Thank you

Could you tell me when this is being released and how big the file will be, thanks.

Some time between the 7th and 13th.

The size will be somewhere around 700MB I believe. Check one of the previous pages, the file sizes were provided by Sickboy.

Could you tell me when this is being released and how big the file will be, thanks.

I want to know which Time Zone you guys are talking about.

Mod - Packed - Unpacked

-------------------------------

ACE Core - 45 MB - 56 MB

ACE eXtras - 516 MB - 605 MB

CBA - 84 *KB* - 387 *KB*

-------------------------------

TOTAL ~ 561 MB - 661 MB

They've posted it before

Not much things in the beta yet

I think it's released when the guys start a new thread in the addons&mods complete forum.

And now this spamming the thread with asking for a release comes to an end.

Regarding this tool, is it possible when downloading / updating to force or select a specific rSync mirror? Here in Australia, most (if not all) ISP's allocate monthly download limits on Internet connections, hence we regularly rely on locally hosted mirrors which don't count toward these quotas.

While I'm at it, will this tool be available for other mod makers and designers to release their addons? This is a brilliant release / update method and could be made even better if a wide range of addons were available.

Hey ACE Team, I was wondering about the accuracy of your CQB sights. In

, at 0:45, I notice that you show a soldier using CQB sights with what looked to be a TA31F ACOG, which doesn't have back-up iron sights like the TA01NSN. Do soldiers actually do this or was it a mistake?

Do soldiers actually do this or was it a mistake?

They actually do this.

just having trouble with the updater site. re-reading the quickstart guide and having another go at it.

i think I got it.

Returned Message:

Found config! Found action!

A window should open displaying the update process progress

But..I didnt see any window open.... sigh

my six-update log reveals this

[iNFO] six-updater 01:04:23: Manager for: @CBA
[iNFO] six-updater 01:04:23: Processing:
[iNFO] six-updater 01:04:23: = @CBA
[DEBUG] six-updater 01:04:23: Path: G:/Program files/Bohemia Interactive/ArmA 2 /@CBA
[iNFO] six-updater 01:04:23: Installing (depth: 1)... This might take a while, please wait.
[iNFO] six-updater 01:04:23: Found @CBA.7z, using it

but I dont see any new @cba mod folder anywhere..shouldn't it have been installed?

well I waited a few minutes, nothing happened. The CBA should not take but a few seconds to install as its so small. I'm calling it quits for now.

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

-Ziggy-;1507265']but I dont see any new @cba mod folder anywhere..shouldn't it have been installed?

Vista / Win7? Maybe it threw it in the VirtualStore...

Edited by bhaz

Vista / Win7? Maybe it threw it in the VirtualStore...

pardon, using xp. is that the problem?

looking at the code above, it has the address for placing the @CBA where I assumed it would go, where I looked for it, and where it is currently missing from...

The interface was a little confusing at first, since there were so many options and all I wanted to was download / update some addons, but once I found the quickstart guide it was all pretty simple from there. The only step I skipped was number 2, since I didn't know what the 7z base files even were.

-Ziggy-;1507281']pardon' date=' using xp. is that the problem?[/quote']

Nope, shouldn't be...

All I did was click synchronize, let it do its stuff, went to presets and selected beta, cba and all the island packs, saved and executed install and update. Then it just smashed through the command prompt window, downloading and installing on its own. :)

Yep alternative help is much easier for a quick start. Still needs some clarification though.

The question is, do you need to setup mirrors yourself of is it handled automatically by the updater.

If you guys are still looking for people to host mirrors I have setup virtual box per the instructions and have 10TB of bandwidth available which is located in the US.

you can contact me via pm or im under my profile.

:yay:

that's a given example:

what should I do if http://localhost:16333/ is showing me "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" - in other words, can't open localhost:16333?

and for my own PC, it tryes to connect to http:127.0.0.1:16333, then it loads http://localhost:16333/main with message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

i don't get something :(

P.S. I have a router, so maybe i need to forward ports, but which ports?

Edited by Gedis

@All:

To make the updater rock for everyone, and make a better user experience, your suggestions and feedback are very helpful! http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/issues

Any videos, suggestions on our guides, even simpler guides etc, are also welcome :)

@Bahz:

The ACE release, amongst other things, will serve as a load test for the system.

Once the technology is proven on all accounts, I intend to make the platform open to other content.

In regards to mirror selections: At this time there is no functionality built in to select mirrors, I can work on this however.

Still, once you have your six-updater.yml, nothing is stopping you from editing it manually, and removing all non AU mirrors (if there are) :)

Might be a little cumbersome though, because anytime you save/execute in the web-client, the file will be overwritten again.

I've added a suggestion ticket: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6589

@Gedis:

No need to forward ports.

If you are on Vista/7 do you right click the software shortcut and select "Run As Administrator"?

If still problems, does any of this apply to you? http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6564

@Kenex05:

Options 100-101 are troubleshooting actions and have no use for you at this time.

You need to setup the configuration in the web-client, option 1, and use option 2, 21 or 22 later on to perform your favorite actions.

The documentation is over here: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater#Usage

-Ziggy-;1507265']just having trouble with the updater site. re-reading the quickstart guide and having another go at it.

i think I got it.

But..I didnt see any window open.... sigh

G:/Program files/Bohemia Interactive/ArmA 2 /@CBA

It says here you have a space in your installation folder. After ArmA 2.

Is this correct? If not, please adjust. Normally it detects the installation folder from registry, if it is wrong there, you either need to fix it there, or enter the path to arma manually in the web-client, settings profile.

Edited by Sickboy

i'm using XP pro sp3...

tryed to add --port=random number to the shorcut, but as soon i write 1 and press enter updater window closes and nothing happens :(

P.S. anti virus and windows firewall is closed

i'm using XP pro sp3...

tryed to add --port=random number to the shorcut, but as soon i write 1 and press enter updater window closes and nothing happens :(

P.S. anti virus and windows firewall is closed

If you are able to open a dos command prompt, and change directory to the Six-updater installation folder (default installed in C:\Program Files\SIX-Updater)

And run the following command of note 8.

If it works for you, or if you have some probs trying this, I can adjust the settings directly in the updater, and distribute an update.

If you are able to open a dos command prompt, and change directory to the Six-updater installation folder (default installed in C:\Program Files\SIX-Updater)

And run the following command of note 8.

If it works for you, or if you have some probs trying this, I can adjust the settings directly in the updater, and distribute an update.

i've got the same problem but I just surfed on the internet

they say it required IIS and Framework to open localhost.

so if I have to install IIS as well ? I am still trying ...

i've got the same problem but I just surfed on the internet

they say it required IIS and Framework to open localhost.

so if I have to install IIS as well ? I am still trying ...

No. All necessary information is in the docu, please do not apply random internet facts here :)

If you have the same problem, please follow the same instructions I gave Gedis.

darn, note 8 doesn't help :( still showing "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"