Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

Having recently spent more time with ACE1, I must say I can hardly wait. Looking back I particularly hope the "weapon handling" design ideas carry over as shooting in ACE feels more natural and significantly more interesting than stock Arma(1).

Having said that I have a fear of a bazillion new buttons. Has any thought gone into optimizing spread/feature range of said buttons?

-K

Nice video! Love the breathing. :)

Buttons extra for ACE isnt that bad. You get the hang of it fast. Ofcourse i dont know how much more there will be in ACE2, but i never had problem learning ArmA (old flight sim guy here) hehe.

EDIT: That beeeeeep is really well made when you go temp deaf, but i cant stop wondering if its so good that it might have a real impact on your hearing if you play with loud volume? Its really "annoying" and i feel im kind of tensing my ears when hearing it. Might end up with a whole bunch of deaf guys after release lol. :D

Edited by Alex72

Impressive, especially the teargas simulation, i've read before that you guys had problems implementing the blurred vision, but seems you did a pretty good job here, maybe we can expect something for the stamina thing? ( ops i'm opening the can of worms again :rolleyes: ) Keep up :yay:

EDIT: That beeeeeep is really well made when you go temp deaf, but i cant stop wondering if its so good that it might have a real impact on your hearing if you play with loud volume? Its really "annoying" and i feel im kind of tensing my ears when hearing it. Might end up with a whole bunch of deaf guys after release lol. :D

"When realism matters" :D

What about earprotection that protect you from that? Just like gas mask protect from smoke-tear gas ( suggested this like 20 pages ago :p)

Who made the SKS Rifle?

Would like to know to send a PM to him, asking for 2 thinks about the model thats got myself confused here now :$

What about earprotection that protect you from that? Just like gas mask protect from smoke-tear gas ( suggested this like 20 pages ago :p)

I foresee that everyone would be wearing them if they would be made available (mainly because most mission makers are adding all the gear and items available to their missions).

Since i don't think you could alter ones sound volumes via configs if those would be worn (as a side effect - lower sounds = less awareness), you can always behave like having those earplugs by turning down your volume :)

Who made the SKS Rifle?

Would like to know to send a PM to him, asking for 2 thinks about the model thats got myself confused here now :$

You can post here just as well..

and no, it wasn't me who did it

Edited by PuFu

If guys aren't wearing eye-protection, sure enough, they're eyes are gonna blur, but with the tactical glasses/eyeware worn by many on the ground, as seen here, http://www.esseyepro.com/Military-and-Tactical_1_category.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=Military+Eyewear , I don't know why it's so important for the mod team to focus on the blurring sight effects, after all, this is modern day combat, not WW II, Korea, or 'NAM, where eye=protection wasn't worn by our soldiers as prominently as they are today.

I believe and have experienced that by wearing tactical eye-protection will not blur your vision as depicted in the videos we've seen released unless you're fool enough to stand in the danger zone of the muzzle of armor and shoulder-fired AT weapons. End of that suggestion.

Here's another suggestion for ArmA 2 ACE. One area I certainly hope to see implemented in the ArmA 2 ACE release, this one is for aircraft, is that the A.C.E. team will display that the aircraft have hydraulic landing gear, designed to absorb the shock and stresses of some harder than normal runway landings. With the ArmA 1 A.C.E. version, it seemed that the pilot was treated like a wheel having a hard landing, and slumped over in the cockpit like a flat tire. Please provide a little more realism in the effects of landings for pilots, after all, our backs aren't wet noodles or toothpicks, but are surrounded by muscle, they're sitting on a cushioned seat and the gear absorb the majority of the landing anyway.

The cockpit surrounding the pilot of the A-10 is a titanium tub, but I also hope to see the armor value will be revised there as well.

Thanks for what you're doing, ACE Team, and we all look forward to seeing the results of your tireless efforts, knowing that you will continue to make our ArmA 2 experience better than we ever imagined.

About the Iron Sight, need to a little more bigger the range adjustor:

Since my english sucks, better a pic:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8799/sks.jpg

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/2220/sksadj.jpg

The Rear of gun on all model i have seen on all my life has been like this:

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4906/sksruss.jpg

Russian, Yuguslavian, Chinese.

And the pics are from a Russian one:

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6357/russiansks.jpg

Or his made the rifled based on other gun, more older or newer version?

Wow! Gas masks, tear gas and untold extras! This mod is looking better and better all the time. I was hoping there would be some CQB and hostage rescue style stuff and lo, there it is!

It would be nice to see breaching charges and the ability to open doors gradually - would really add to the experience. If only I could get OPFOR to play nice in the editor and stay in buildings for some CQB fun! I know the primary focus of ARMA 2 is mainly focused on open combat, but still, it does lend itself well to experimentation and more niche styles of combat.

Are there any plans to have smoke/tear gas grenades available for the revolving grenade launcher?

Good work guys - just wanted to add a note of support

I foresee that everyone would be wearing them if they would be made available (mainly because most mission makers are adding all the gear and items available to their missions).

seems reasonable :)

It's nice to see that lot of ACE1 weapons made it ( Fal, m79, MGL ecc ), i read that the SCARS/HK will not make it, but hopefully there will be at some point :rolleyes:

Nice vid tpM, can we see something on backpack or wound system in the next or it's classified stuff? :bounce3:

i know this is a little silly but will it be possible to adjust your sights for assault rifles?

would be cool little feature since the code is already there for sniper rifles

Nice vid tpM, can we see something on backpack or wound system in the next or it's classified stuff?

These are not working yet. It is uncertain if these two core features will make the initial public beta release but both of them are planned.

These are not working yet. It is uncertain if these two core features will make the initial public beta release but both of them are planned.

Thanks for sharing ;) I hope to see those working soon :) If it was up to me i would not release anything without backpack/wound sys implemented ( people don't flame me now :j: ) Take your time and polish every aspect, no rush :bounce3: i think it would be worst if a beta is released and people start moaning about this and that missing while you guys try to implement that into the next patch, just my opinion. :)

Who made the SKS Rifle?

Bush Wars Mod gave permission to use their SKS. I do not know who, specifically made the model. ACE will not be modifying it.

The teargas effect looked nice except for the very bright flashes. They made my eyes bleed which isn't very funny when playing a game. I think the blur effects are confusing enough :).

That crew served weapon dialog is just what is needed for sight adjusting too. Not overly complicated and clumsy to use quickly but still gets the job done. I especially like how you have maintained a similar look when compared to other A2 menus. That makes it feel more completed and professional :cool:.

can you show more detailed pictures of SKS and M79 i saw in your videos ?

for example mesh of SKS, M79 in oxygen ?

Nice teasers! How good does the AI operate with ACE2? Is it possible for players to override AI when in vehicles and aircrafts?

Great vid!! Just awesome!! Nice SKS, and the sound is cool. Keep it up!:)

Hmm , very nice effects and stuff :)

,but some sounds doesnt sounding like the real ones - for example the M2 HB , M60 MG and others are like fifty-fifty :p

btw FN Fal , MGL-140 , M79 , SKS don't have ArmA2 super shader rvmats - they will look alot cooler with them ;)

The M60 sound is palceholder. The M2s is quite realistic IMO :P

can you show more detailed pictures of SKS and M79 i saw in your videos ?

for example mesh of SKS, M79 in oxygen ?

M79 wires:

M79wire_side.jpg

M79wire_pers.jpg

3801 tris - 2116 mixed (quad/tris) - 2172 O2 vertexes - 1 section - 7 res lods - 1 2048x2048 texture.