Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

Love the idea of this mod, but i think ive read somewhere that it doesnt work on the steam version, is that correct, excuse me if this has already been asked, have been looking for an answer everywhere, thanks, ive got the steam download Arma2 patched to 1.4 and would love this, just worrried about compatibility, thanks again.

There is no difference between the retail version and download version (steam included) in terms of how the addons/mods are handled by the game.

So you will be able to play it, no worries

Nice are you guys modelling Flash and EMP effects for the nukes. I'm all for nukes in MP.:D

Not going to discuss the features of the nuclear weapons system. The airchair generals/admirals in this forum would just start lecturing to me about weapons physics. And that would be a "Coals to Newcastle" type of discussion. :smiley-evil:

After drinking quite a lot of beer, i remembered one feature wich i think should be included into ace2.

blast, shock and presure waves and things wich are caused after them, knockouts, unconsciousness, bleeding ears(seriousness of each of this thing is directly related to range from your location).

for example, if a bomb is dropped quite close near you, but not enough to seriously wound you, you will be knocked out of your feets by blast/shock wave and your ears will start to bleed because of presure.

I think this feature would be wonderfull to have in ace2.

Note, it may probably will be a repost of such feature request, but it may serve as a good reminder though ;)

What do you think?

For me it sounds awsome.... this is good cause it gives more authentic feelling inside of the battle. Would be nice if we get some more intensive sounds too, like awsome bombdrop sounds like

or maybe breath sounds when ur tired out from running or such this is the only mod i know this would be nice with

Not going to discuss the features of the nuclear weapons system. The airchair generals/admirals in this forum would just start lecturing to me about weapons physics. And that would be a "Coals to Newcastle" type of discussion. :smiley-evil:

Nope just curious you guys have done a great job with your mods so far and I know it would be quite difficult to accurately model a nuke. Now about that spare barrel are you guys modelling spare barrels for MGs? Just asking.:D

Hello, ACE Team! I understand that you are overwhelmed with work and you're trying to make your mod as realistic as possible by adding tons of features. That's great! Thank you guys for that. I understand that it's impossible to include every good idea and every feature (at least in the first release ;) ) but you're well done! Anyway, ACE 1 was great and I've no doubt about ACE 2 becoming even better. I thought it would be amazing to play some WWII missions in ACE. And there are guys from Liberation Mod and Ivasion 44 who are making nice models. So maybe, when you'll have time and if authors of these mods agree, you'll include their works in ACE 2. I know that these mods can be played with ACE, but I guess some features won't work then (like adjustable scopes etc) and weapon physics will be not like in ACE, am I right?

Edited by Sky_Line
just a little correction

As a noob to the OFP/Arma series I'm wondering if in ACE1 the realism was "tuneable" by the user. Are all features, such as stamina "modelling", always-on or can the user configure what features he or she would like to use, similar to the options in vanilla Arma 2?

Very much looking forward to this mod after all the great things I've heard about ACE1.

What sound mod is being used in that video>? is that a standalone sound mod that comes with ACE2?

Sweet.

But my only complaint is that somebody behind the barrel is effected by the gunshot, and yet not the shooter. If somebody behind the shooter is effected by it, shouldn't the shooter himself be effected?

I suggest having a conical shaped zone pointing away from the gun at the muzzle as an effected area, instead of a blob around the shooter.

MG-effected-zone.png

similar to that. :)

This shows the amount of motion blur created by a mounted weapon

There seems to be more blurring from behind the weapon than just outside the vehicle, from the 5-6 videos I have looked at.

Edited by Goodboys

Its camera shake. Not blur im sure. (In the video). Camera is ontop of the vehicle and the vehicle shakes when shooting.

I know this 'shooting at targets and trees and posing with weapons' starts getting boring, but it's easier for me :)

OMG

Loved the new weapon models, the M16A4 iron sights are back :D

The only think i asked on this thread has to have she back...and when saw it on the vide almost died from heart atak.

This shows the amount of motion blur created by a mounted weapon

There seems to be more blurring from behind the weapon than just outside the vehicle, from the 5-6 videos I have looked at.

In the ACE vid the screen blurred so bad I felt like Mr. Magoo. In the vid you posted the screen was shaking from the concussion of the gun. I would actually like to see an effect similar. When you're on/ near a MG emplacement there is a slight shake, depending on distance of course, for every round.

Edit:

Also, loved the latest update ACE team. :)

Wow that teaser vid has me excited for this. The textures on the rifles look great, they look much more the tools of the trade instead of a gun collector's safe queens. Firing RPG's prone, and with elevation adjustments? F'ing fantastic. To be honest I haven't played around with flares enough to notice the difference between vanilla A2 and that video, and glowsticks? We gonna have an Arma rave or something? :p

Can't wait for this mod, and I hope it becomes popular enough to be playable on most public MP servers.

One point I'd like to say something about:

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.

I really hate this proverb, it is a blatant lie and evil propaganda to lure people into the armed forces, and has been since Roman times. I can assure you from my family's WW2 experience that is is neither sweet nor rewarding to die for your country, not the least bit at all. Sure it may be cool to play around with hardware or hide&seek in the woods (I do like Arma^^), and there may also be times where it might be necessary to take the risk to die in order to defend values and others' lives, but that is not what this quote implies.

I don't want to start a political discussion here, and I also can't tell you what you put into the mod and what not. But it would be very helpful, if you could keep it modular, so that I can take out the GUI part (which will probably have said quote littered all over the background images) and still can play everything with ACE, even on signed servers. Since the GUI isn't necessary to run any missions, that shouldn't pose any problems, at least it didn't in ACE for Arma1.

(min 2:29, 3:16)

I just noticed how inaccurate these machines gun really are and the ussual dispersion of the bullets if multiple rounds are fired.

All the mounted machine guns may be too accurate along the whole game... so they were in ArmA1...

PS I think in demo or in the first version of ArmA 2 the dispersion was ok but it was screwed later by a patch or something... I also checked, it does not depends on difficulty.

Edited by afp

I really hate this proverb, it is a blatant lie and evil propaganda to lure people into the armed forces, and has been since Roman times. I can assure you from my family's WW2 experience that is is neither sweet nor rewarding to die for your country, not the least bit at all. Sure it may be cool to play around with hardware or hide&seek in the woods (I do like Arma^^), and there may also be times where it might be necessary to take the risk to die in order to defend values and others' lives, but that is not what this quote implies.

I've always thought they meant it ironically, at least I really hope so. Wilfred Owen of course said it best. But yes, this is not the place for a long political discussion!

I don't believe i have seen it posted of demonstrated but are rucksacks going to be in ace2? That's the main system I'm looking forward to.

Looking good, however I have some nitpicks coming:

-Weapon blur is too strong IMO, my eyes were hurting when I watched the video. It may be so in real life but I don't want a headache when I'm playing a game

-Sight adjustment. While it's a nice feature I think the interface is too clumsy when you want to quickly adjust the sights. With a real HMG it takes about two seconds to adjust the distance sight but at least in ACE1 I just preferred to correct my aiming instead of adjusting sights. For slow paced long range sniping with static targets the interface is sufficient. Maybe a simple vertical slider which can be used with mouse wheel could do for HMGs and other similar weapons.

Edited by Norsu

I've always thought they meant it ironically, at least I really hope so. Wilfred Owen of course said it best. But yes, this is not the place for a long political discussion!

No, I think Patton said it best; "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.

He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."