Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

does the gun firing effect thing have any effects on the AI? unable to identify enemy position/stunned for a brief period of time?

Assuming flashbangs will have an effect on the AI, maybe can use that same effect but a very tone down version of it... and for a very limited time period. 1shot = 1milisecond stunned effect or something. multiple shot will make the AI even go deaf a bit...

just an idea from my end

The vid's looking nice, but I'm not particularly liking that 'blurred vision near loud weapons' thing, hope it can be disabled. Otherwise, looking good. :)

I do like everything in this vid !

I think the blured vision is supposed to simulate the fact that IRL you wouldn't want to stand next to a HMG firing because it could be very hurtfull for your hears

I do like everything in this vid !

I think the blured vision is supposed to simulate the fact that IRL you wouldn't want to stand next to a HMG firing because it could be very hurtfull for your hears

Then your ingame sound volume should be lowered, not your eyesight blurred... Since when have your eyes been part of your hearing? :p

If there was a really uncomfortably loud noise near your face I think you might just flinch or want to move away slightly. Since this can't be simulated in-game with high volume, I think a little blur to remind you to move away (and simulate a flinch/discomfort) is reasonable.

If there was a really uncomfortably loud noise near your face I think you might just flinch or want to move away slightly. Since this can't be simulated in-game with high volume, I think a little blur to remind you to move away (and simulate a flinch/discomfort) is reasonable.

I agree, maybe it's not perfect ( Well it's still a Alpha so they may tune it a bit ) but it's a pretty good simulation, limitation considered.

Btw the physic dropped AT4 is a nice touch :) maybe we can have non-rubber bouncing granade too? :rolleyes:

Edited by Uglyboy
sintax

Concerning the blurred vision next to weapons, I'm getting a lot of "I would think you'd do this and....." vs. "I've been there/done that." Not saying that some opinions aren't valid, but I would naturally listen to the guy who's actually experienced being next to an automatic weapon while it's been fired.

Overall, I think its well done. I think the blur is meant to do is simulate not necessarily what you hear, but you what you feel when you hear weapons fire without earpro. Now, I've never stood next to a .50 without my earprotection on, but I've been near M249s and M240s without it, and after a few seconds, its so loud you feel like your eardrums are being punched. I never really noticed a ringing in my ears until they stopped. Thats when you hear everything really muffled, and you have a ringing in your ears. Last time it happened to me, they were probably ringing for about a day.

The blur when near the MGs seems overdone.

Haven't been around an M2 firing, but the M240 ... yeah, maybe the very first 5 bursts you would be a little nervous or whatever, but hell, after you have been around the thing firing a lot, you don't notice it. Just another loud noise and some toasty brass.

Making the blur slightly less blurry would be perfect. All other features look just great!

btw, is there anything to show about the air refueling system yet? Would be nice if we could see it in another feature video :)

Yep, I have shot the M240 with out ear pro, and I must say, yeah, you feel like your ear drums have been punched.

The blur when near the MGs seems overdone.

Haven't been around an M2 firing, but the M240 ... yeah, maybe the very first 5 bursts you would be a little nervous or whatever, but hell, after you have been around the thing firing a lot, you don't notice it. Just another loud noise and some toasty brass.

LoL, a real accurate simulation would be a jarring effect from hot brass hitting the side of your head if you're to the right of a 240! Followed only be a "ow wow owow OW!" to simulate it going down your shirt.

LoL, a real accurate simulation would be a jarring effect from hot brass hitting the side of your head if you're to the right of a 240! Followed only be a "ow wow owow OW!" to simulate it going down your shirt.

Brass is ejected from the bottom of the 240, what comes from the right is the links, and they don't fly very far.

Any plan on fixing that? Irritates the snot out of me.

Bah, I was gonna offer some suggestions but after watching the video a second time and considering different aspects I changed my mind. More great features, keep it up.

So if there is someone on the hmg on a hmmwv and shooting at a threat you cant use it (the vehicle) as cover to shoot yourself. Now thats realistic, not. And logically the driver would go blind of loud sounds(!) if he didn't run away.

i like b00ces idea better. Or why not make ones hearing go BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP for a while once you been to close to a HMG/Cannon on full auto for to long. And that includes the gunner.

Behind BFG = Good!

In front of BFG = Bad.

I has minding here...

Dont remember if has sayd here before. If yes; my bad!

But...

Is there a way to make something similar to to Heat Coming from Burining Vehicles and add it to M1A2 Engine?

To simulate he's real heat source near the engine?

On real life is suicide to get close to the rear of a M1 tank.

A

(some features are in WiP state and might be slightly different by release)

Maybe my sound card is just that good alternativly my hearing, but the flashbang sound effect in this video physically hurt my ears.

It's actually pretty bad. If its that sound ingame I would hesitate to play or I'd have to rip off my earphones every time someone pop a flashbang. Realism overkill...

Hi everybody, I wanted to announce you therefore small addition which would be very much useful, that of a regulator of speed (as on games Red Orchestra) or of a special key so that vehicles move at the same speed as the infantry and so that she can stayed under cover behind.

When you think ?

Edited by DirtyCasi

Maybe my sound card is just that good alternativly my hearing, but the flashbang sound effect in this video physically hurt my ears.

It's actually pretty bad. If its that sound ingame I would hesitate to play or I'd have to rip off my earphones every time someone pop a flashbang. Realism overkill...

Your soundcard is very good indeed :). Its just a simple 8800 hz tone.

physically hurt my ears

Well, so we could say that flashbang is very very realistic xD

tpM you are the guy reponsible for the sound right?

Nice Job mate!!

Seems your sound volume is dangerously loud. If your sound system is set up so that a sound clip from your PC can damage your hearing then you seriously need to turn it down.

I don't know about some of you, but there are too many armchair general's in here complaining that "it's not realistic" or "that doesn't happen in real life". It's all good to give them suggestions to make sure it doesn't hinder targeted gameplay, but saying something is not how it is in real life,without any real experience or understanding, will just make you look like an idiot and be laughed at by those whom have such experience.

Keep things constructive and supportive ay?

Awesome Vid as Aways!

Since Scuba sayd it has a Machineguner, so must be a M240, 3 Mags, 1 smoke, 1 M67.

If my memory dont fail me...This has the Default on the game.

If has a M249 he would sayd AR (Automatic Rifleman)

2km before a Blackout?

Fair enought to me!

------

PS: Amazaing Flashbang!Cant wait to see the Gas Grenade.

I wonder if perhaps its possible to model different running speeds then there would be better results such as 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%.

It might be similar to the effect of running uphill in Arma you would start off at 100% then through a precalculated distance drop to 75% and then 50% etc.

M240 12.5kg

3x200 rnds belt = 5.4kgx3 = 16.2kg

M67 = .4kg

smoke = .5kg

Total 29.6kg

Not that much weight really although body armour might add 7.4+kg depending on the type.(total 37kg) plus 2 litres of water probably around 39kg.

BTW Those weapon effects are awesome especially the M136 and I like the flash bang effect very cool.:yay:

Edited by SUBS17

Who here can run 2 miles without being severly winded? Who here wieghs over 150 pounds? Well lets add 80 pounds to you, and send you off running at a decent pace...say 6:30 miles? I give most people here not even 500 meters before their legs give out, and they fall on their face. Hell, I'm even going to go out on a limb and say 80% of you can't walk at a decent pace for even a few miles with that much crap on, without falling out. Do you know what kind of energy it takes to maintain control, and grip on a 27lb weapon system while you are RUNNING? You can't pump your arms, and you should be trying to maintain positive muzzle control. I get winded just thinking about it. Alot of things aren't even being accounted for by most of you. What about boots? It takes alot of energy to run in boots. Altitude is also a factor, if you're body isn't used to running at a certain altitude, you get tired faster due to thin air.