Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

Sorry if anyone thought I was being sacastic, no intent. It's just the list of weapons is changing as scubaman3D described. Hence the target list is moving about.

The ACE team has been incredibly busy, coding, testing, debating features. We know you all are eager for the release, we are eager to get it out too. But ACE2 has a lot of new code and rewritten code - it all takes time to get right at the quality level we demand and you folks should expect.

Yes, the ACE team is working hard, so everyone remember, that if they didn't work on it the way they do, it would be just your average mod. The quality of the mod is directly proportional to the time spent developing it.

So, in an effort to release something for this week, here's a combination teaser/wallpaper for a 19" widescreen. I do my best but maybe its a little cheezy so if you don't like, don't use :p

its 1440x900 (my own resolution) but I can go up to 3000 upon request

wallpapermt.th.jpg

direct link:

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/3438/wallpapermt.jpg

@scubaman: Love the rifle, looks great. Is the screenshot in-game or rendered? (looking at the jaggies I'd say it's in-game) Also, there's a misspelling in the wallpaper text: CURRNTLY.

I thought Sickboy said that ACE2 will be modular (unlike ACE1 "total conversion") and player/serveradmins can choose how they like to play with Arma2 + ACE2 and with other addons/mods. :confused:

Anything good or bad on AI using ACE2 features? Or will we see an improved and new ACE2 AI module/addon?

Amazing rifle Scubaman. Superb work.

NoRailgunner:

I think they said ACE2 & ACE2X or something like that. The first being gameplay changes and the second one being all the gear. I think? But maybe inside the gameplay one (core?) will have the ability to shut things on and off?

I know as little as you bud. I dont think it will disapoint though. Maybe cause i will go full force and not shut anything off. :)

Alex

Making it modular defeats it's function as a de-facto standard, you'd (we'd) be straight back to mod-hell (different command line for every server). What I would like to see though is some sort of API that allows the mission/server-op to enable/disable components feature-by-feature. This would encourage more servers to buy-in, if they only wanted to use one or two features that's fine it won't stop players with the whole thing installed from joining.

I don't like the idea to make a modular mod - for singleplayer yes ,but for multiplayer will be chaos , better have all addons or nothin

A modular system is the best choice - when it's modular in this way:

- Missionmakes can decide which functions they want to be active !

The amount of PBO's aren't a problem if the Missionmaker is able to disable "the Features" via some variables !

The "take all or nothing" alternative causes the "nothing" choice.

@scubaman: Love the rifle, looks great. Is the screenshot in-game or rendered? (looking at the jaggies I'd say it's in-game) Also, there's a misspelling in the wallpaper text: CURRNTLY.

for all intents and purposes, its 'in game' since that was rendered in bulldozer.

oops about the spelling error...I'll fix that asap, and a small grammar problem I see. :)

This rifle will be released in ACEX.

I think some here are confused about the modularity discussion. Sickboy did explain all this sometime ago if you check the thread history.

Not going to go into huge detail because ACE2 is still a WIP, but the general basis of ACE2 is still a core of features that are a total conversion. The rest of our new work is merely a way to make distribution cleaner and interaction with other add-ons somewhat more friendly.

Nice rifle....

Can I ask for an "ACE2 Patch" (like the one in the SS) in higher resolution?

It´s look so badass.... + marketing! xD

It's expected to be finished when ACE 2 team will port all the ACE 1 stuff and add the new goodies they are working on

When is acemod 2 expected to be finished?

Just search the thread, it's been asked a bunch. And the answer is always the same.

I noticed that preview image of "goggle system" where some units had respirators (gasmasks). Will you do the first person view like this? :)

GAS_ACE.jpg

I wondered as you wrote "system" i thaught that you maybe managed to invetorize the goggles to be braught out when needed? In that case (if possible) it would be nice to get a more narrow view.

Alex

I realize that ACE and the sequel inherit the WGL mod's features for the most part, but are you looking at tomes such as Tactical Gaming Done Right for potential new features, or is the feature list restricted to recreating ACE1?

In particular the bit about how being able to keep both the rear post, front post and target in focus when using ironsights being unrealistic seems like it would be worthwhile to implement, making the fancier sights more useful... I take it DOF isn't easy/possible to mod in A2 though?

Holy f*cking shit, those units are 4w3s0me! Oh, and the goggle system is also nice, by the way

Yeah some sort of goggle view would be nice. But don´t overdo it please

I realize that ACE and the sequel inherit the WGL mod's features for the most part, but are you looking at tomes such as Tactical Gaming Done Right for potential new features, or is the feature list restricted to recreating ACE1?

In particular the bit about how being able to keep both the rear post, front post and target in focus when using ironsights being unrealistic seems like it would be worthwhile to implement, making the fancier sights more useful... I take it DOF isn't easy/possible to mod in A2 though?

I think you will find that there are many things that have been addressed in ACE already from that reference. ACE2 should be keeping about all of them. Here is a list of what I see that ACE already has.

Weapon Support

Sight Adjustments

Reticule Pattern Accuracy

Stamina

Encumbrance

Prone

Climbing/Mantling (though A2 addressed this, so ACE2 may not improve upon it)

Jams/Failures to Fire

Round counts

Inventory/Carrying Capacity

Grenades

Of course, I have only listed the sections which ACE has expanded upon, and not the stuff that the Arma/2 engine already has covered. As you can see, I think they have taken a look at this particular article.

Will come the great weaponpack back with the ACE2 Release?

(HK416 and the Scars)

That would be great loved this weapons :yay:

That's something i'm curious about...

The Weapons will be ported from ACE or will be remade to ACE2?

Personally i dont like so much from SCAR sytem, but Scubaman done a really great job on ACE.They are extremly well modeled and the textures (dont know who made) has very well detailed.Just a word to describe it... Amazing!

Cant w8 to see ACE2 news models.

The Cheytac looks awesome :)

Personally i dont like so much from SCAR sytem, but Scubaman done a really great job on ACE...

Cant w8 to see ACE2 news models.

The Cheytac looks awesome :)

Thanks for the comments. Dasquade made the bulk of the SCAR models and did also some textures. I did some modeling and some textures and setup the models for the game.

Don't get your hopes up too much with ACEX. We are not in possession of a Cheytac that I know of and since so few 3D assets or resources have been identified, there will not be much new in ACEX. Further, you may be disappointed to learn that some of the ACE1 weapons will not be in ACEX - but for good reason.