Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

Try firing it with your NVG's on, you can see them then... it's in the manual. :p

:icon_ohmygod: DOH! I am sooooo stupid. <sigh>

Hopefully ACE2 will work around this though with their magazine system.

So do I. :D

wow, this has almost as many pages as the addon request thread!

That show how the Mod to ArmA is awesome;and how much people are going insane while the A2 version dont come out yet :P

Would love to see some more pics from the ACE 2 alpha test :3

PS: G3A3 on the way ^^

wow, this has almost as many pages as the addon request thread!

Your spam is one of the reasons why this thread is that big already with not a single ACE2 file released.

Wind deflection system (with a Kestrel 4500 windmeter)

ace2teaser_winddef_th.jpg

CQB Mode

ace2teaser_cqb_th.jpg

Nuke system (B61 5kt)

ace2teaser_nuke_th.jpg

Superb!

Told you non believers. ACE team will deliver! :)

Looks awesome. Thanks for sneak peak.

Alex

you know Alex the non believers and myself (played ACE for ArmA 1) will now be the reason this thread will have 2 million views lol

would love you guys to stay on topic though...

If you want to chat about OTs etc, you can do it via PMs i guess...

Its good to see you guys are spififying up the vanilla stuff before you move on to new content :)

Always annoyed me that most of the default weapons in ACE1 did not have back up sights (most M4s, M16s, AKPSO, SVD etc). you know the weapons you actually used most of the time ;)

edit: also, i take it wind deflection will not affect AI bullets? or have you guys devised a clever scheme for ais to compensate for wind?

Edited by That guy

sorry pufu will try to stay on topic.....also can sum1 enlighten me on CQB mode?

sorry pufu will try to stay on topic.....also can sum1 enlighten me on CQB mode?

It's a feature from ACE1 were on the tops of ACOG sights you had a smaller iron sight for close quarters shooting. I think this feature is already in ArmA2 but vanished after the first patch because it was bugged. (I can't say for sure as I have the steam version so it never existed for me)

It's a feature from ACE1 were on the tops of ACOG sights you had a smaller iron sight for close quarters shooting. I think this feature is already in ArmA2 but vanished after the first patch because it was bugged. (I can't say for sure as I have the steam version so it never existed for me)

This is one of the things that I liked the most in ACE 1 and it's something that ArmA II is missing and gives me a headache when I get my M16 ACOG in Vet mode and when I get to the city to clear out then I can't hit shit, so I gotta risk getting TK with an AK that i picked up. (Can't wait for ACE2 to finally come out, pls hurry, and do it right lol, :) )

Shit I was wondering if I was just nuts and making that up or if it really existed. I swear I remember that in v1.00 German version or one of those early ones. Pulling the binocs away from the face to look around while the binocs remain in hand was a feature I sear I remembered.

Will this make it into ACE2? Anyone know?

If the secondary sights are done like in ACE1 they will vary with the sights. Some weapons got the older model ACOGs (like on the above picture), while some rifles have newer ACOGs who don't have any backup-sights like that.

Windage and backup sights. Man, this looks lovely!

The nuke seem to be a real beauty as well, although personally I dunno if I'll use it.

There's no need to set windage when you throw a nuke into the debate.

Go ACE team !

OH....MY....GOD!!..................wind deflection?

Special thanks to Dasquade for that windmeter :)

Can't wait for weapon resting feature, since one of my favorite roles in ArmA 2 is machine gunner or automatic rifleman. :yay:

Really? I thought You're sniper :D

the wait is killing me! you just can't imagine how many times I've hit shift+f and ctrl+space ...it became just how i played the game heh.. Looking great guys can hardly wait!

Just when you think you've seen it all, the ACE team keeps outdoing themselves and giving the community surprise after surprise. ACE1 was great, but these screens alone give me faith that ACE2 is going to be that much bigger and badder. Can't wait, but I definitely will. ;) :D

Great job, fellas!

I never really tried A.C.E. for ArmA 1 and it may have been sorted back then but does the CQB sight mode include a fix/workaround for the each-muzzle-uses-its-own-ammo problem?

I never really tried A.C.E. for ArmA 1 and it may have been sorted back then but does the CQB sight mode include a fix/workaround for the each-muzzle-uses-its-own-ammo problem?

From my understanding the CQB sighting is simply an alternate sight view.

I think this might be what you are looking for: ACE_Features#Magazines_System and CQB Sights

the wait is killing me! you just can't imagine how many times I've hit shift+f and ctrl+space ...it became just how i played the game heh.. Looking great guys can hardly wait!

Sorry for the OT, but just so you know, I almost crashed a helicopter due to laughter in the 506th server a several weeks ago because I read your name when you were connecting.

About the Nuke...

After he hits something, the area near it will have a "Radiation Effect" making impossible to go inside?

With those masks, would be nice to have Anti Radiation Clothes and use then with masks on a mission inside a contaminade enviroment.