Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

Holy Hell!!

Why people dont read forum rulez?

The Mod will be released when its ready.

PS:Ty for the info tpM.

Great idea! As for me ACE mod in ArmA had one really dissapointing defect: when you hit somebody he becomes stunned for a while and then he stands up and continue fighting no matter how hard the wound was. I think, this is the only serious problem this mod has

This isnt a problem.

Its the wounding sistem.On real life 1/4 of kills are from Blood loss, isnt like a shot on the chest and voala...U have a instant dead guy.

Even bleeding, depending on the wounds he can even try to use his gun agaisnt you.

Have read some relates of a insurgent on fallujah who took more than 5 shots, almost lost a leg, has blind, all screwed up and has still breathing 6 hour after that.

Drugs on battlefield (insurgents use adrenaline direct on the heart to become Rambo) are like this bro.They can take more than 5 shots and still fight.

This isnt a problem.

Its the wounding sistem.On real life 1/4 of kills are from Blood loss, isnt like a shot on the chest and voala...U have a instant dead guy.

Even bleeding, depending on the wounds he can even try to use his gun agaisnt you.

Have read some relates of a insurgent on fallujah who took more than 5 shots, almost lost a leg, has blind, all screwed up and has still breathing 6 hour after that.

Drugs on battlefield (insurgents use adrenaline direct on the heart to become Rambo) are like this bro.They can take more than 5 shots and still fight.

so then every opfor soldiers should be like this? A soldier injected with adrenaline? Based on my own personal experiences, this effect should be toned down a bit. Maybe have guys only have a 10-15% chance of being able to continue to fight instead of what seems to be a 50% chance.

I've seen an insurgent with a leg blown off from a 25mm, but still was reaching for his weapon to fight but then I have also seen somebody killed from a single 7.62 round to the chest.

I agree that not every one can get up after a shot.

Have seen a US Marine get a shot on torso from a SVD (7.62x54mm) and run after that.Since since the game dont simulates Body Armors and others thinks the wounding system is a good way to balance the Mod.

I have stared reading about ArmA moding, scripting and such thinks this week, so i dont know if is possible the reduce the numbers of enemys who can still alive or not after some shots :\

This we must ask to the guys who did the wound system.

This isnt a problem.

But it usually only takes one decently well placed (and of course wounding) shot to put a soldier out of action. Be it too much pain to move, too dangerous for his own well being to move (fractures, bleeding, etc), or being unconcious.

This is what is in default ArmA2. Get a bad enough wound to be made combat inefficient and you are 'dead'.

In ACE you also had the unconciousness and bleeding simulated instead of substituted. The wounding system wasn't perfect, and it never was finished, and I agree some stuff was messed up, but I don't doubt a second the wounding system will be dramatically improved. Even if it isn't at ACE2 release I'm sure it'll be eventually.

Regarding the wound system, will be modular, like the vanilla A2 wounding system or like ACE1, aka "enemy AI also get stunned\unconssious and I don´t know why the missions dont´end, so I have to shoot everybody wish is lying on the ground" ? =)

Does anybody know if the team is going to be varying the infantry units a bit more? To the extent that they did it in ACE, I think it would be a good idea to add in one or two specialty infantrymen/operators, preferably something like Pararescuemen/combat rescue officers (what I really want) or maybe even SEAL operators.

Regarding the wound system, will be modular, like the vanilla A2 wounding system or like ACE1, aka "enemy AI also get stunned\unconssious and I don´t know why the missions dont´end, so I have to shoot everybody wish is lying on the ground" ? =)

This isn't ACE's fault. The above is 100% because of the mission-designer failing to adapt the mission to ACE.

Hello all, first of all big thanks to the team for their time and excellent realistic work on the ACE project!!

Just a couple questions if I may.

A while back in this post I believe it was "Eightball" that offered to do some modeling but he used "Solidworks" and I did not see a response on his question on if this was possible in terms of compatibility of any kind or if anything can be saved and transfered into the BI tools, does it all have to be from there or does it recognize other types of cross platform file types, because I know alot of people who use this and might be able to help out, or at least get more people into this if you know what i mean.

I know BI games in general have never been about indoor combat or scenarios but wanted your opinion on whether this may be feasable and or planned?

For instance like a cave or mountain (building made to look like a mountain).

Or large Black mesa type building or recreating something a bit more with a rogue spear (rainbowsix approach) just to add a not yet seen aspect to the game.

Too hard to place and have AI move in it?

Uses too much resources? maybe it would have to be a smaller map?

Just some thoughts, keep up the good work!

Hicks

This isn't ACE's fault. The above is 100% because of the mission-designer failing to adapt the mission to ACE.

It broke several original missions or made before ACE. =\

Its a nice feature when playing with people (on your side), but turns annoying when playing against an AI which seems to not use the system correctly.

Very true, but I can't really see any good workarounds. ACE was a total conversion MOD (modification), not just an addon, and when changing the way more or less everything in the entire game works some things are bound to break.

I read all the thread some time ago, but dont remember if some one posted it...

If yes, sorry for that.

But there must be a way to get rid of "Space" Tag See Ability.

That's anoying and some people use to find hiden playes.

I hate to be spoted without even being seen by enemy. ¬¬

I read all the thread some time ago, but dont remember if some one posted it...

If yes, sorry for that.

But there must be a way to get rid of "Space" Tag See Ability.

That's anoying and some people use to find hiden playes.

I hate to be spoted without even being seen by enemy. ¬¬

That feature can be removed via script afaik. Will be trying it sooner or later.

It's probably been said before, but I would -really- like to see Russian's have a taste of ACE; perhaps both Bluefor and Opfor (redfor) can be included in this mod, it would certainly be awesome seeing as my clan and I prefer redfor, and it seems a lot of people do in ArmA 2.

Russian Federation was in ACE1, so I can't see why they wouldn't get some love in ACE2 ;)

Yup. It provided the mother load of new Russian Federation stuff.

The best would be a mix between Cold War Rearmed and ACE2

Cold war units (good ol woodland) , less scopes for more tactics freedom and all :o

I has wondering how the hell to make a decent FLIR system.And rembering ACE Mod i got a weird ideia and come here just to ask if its is possible.

If yes... will be my sugestion xD

On night battles i have seen some guys Using IR Strobes, and they are only visible to who is wearing a Night Vision.They flash at a interval and you can indetify the friendly units.

Is there a way to make a similar light to go around all the body (a bright static one) and make this via script to be visible only to Choppers and Veichles who have a FLIR system on real life?Like they work actual on the NVG's in the ArmA1??

So the guy will bright like a heat source.And will be very easy to seen on screen stead of a recoloring reticle like the others addon.

If i sayd bullshit sorry, i am no modder or scripter...But i real hope to some one find a way to make this possible to ArmA II :D.

I'm guessing performance improvements would be outside the scope of the ACE mod? Hey, I had to ask!

The only thing they'll be touching about performance afaik is their own custom models and scripts.

Expect a slight performance decrease when running ACE2 because of the amount of scripts, but if it's anything like ACE1 it'll be soooooo worth it.

@ jhoson14

It is one of the earliest tried techniques in ArmA1 to simulate FLIR. It is however limited by two things: The draw distance for light sources, and the amount of light sources that can be visible at one time. Even with just a couple of lights per person the limit was reached quite fast in ArmA1, and due to the draw distance limitations it wasn't a feasible solution in the end.

I don't know how these two have improved for ArmA2, but I'd expect they haven't improved to the degree to make this a viable solution.

Edited by Inkompetent

Some teasers:

Air refueling:

ace2teaser_airref_th.jpg

M107 Muzzleblast:

ace2teaser_muzzleblast_th.jpg

Firing an RPG-7 from prone position:

ace2teaser_backblast_th.jpg

Goggle/Headgear sys.:

ace2teaser_goggle_th.jpg

Weapon resting:

ace2teaser_weprest_th.jpg