Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

@Hauler,

Although I can't speak for the ACE guys, I would think they would finish their work on Arma2 before making any decisions, although if the new engine features in the expansion mean much more mod-ability then who knows?

Thanks for the reply.

It'd be nice to have a level of injury where the casualty must be CASEVACed back to a field hospital or forward ambulance, once stabilised. Otherwise with MEDIVAC choppers and field medics, there's no call for CASEVACs, which our unit at least and I suspect others would enjoy implementing.

I'd say for gameplay's sake, have them back to full strength there, maybe after a mission determined duration.

Is there any info on what type of stuff we will see in the realease thats coming in the next couple weeks?

Who said anything was being released in the next couple of weeks?

I doubt they are gonna focus on the Expansion when we don't know when it's coming out. Seems sticking with what's been released would make more sense.

bootneckofficer,

sickboy mentioned "some weeks" or "few weeks" or something to that effect in a thread some where. That was a couple weeks ago. I was hoping other people didn't catch that so we don't have to have a bunch of posts yelling about "you said a couple weeks, now where the hell is it."

ACE people are fully aware of the expansion pack. We are still on the same timetable as before the announcement came out.

We know people are antsy about a release. Have patience, cool stuff is on the way and we want to do our best to make sure it works right.

I am one of those who will not get the expansion (till issues with Arma2 are fixed like CTD) so I hope ACE is relaeased for plain Arma2.

Last time i saw some announcement was "maybe in a couple of months - but not too many". Couple of weeks sounds nice. :)

Now let them work folks. They never disapointed before.

Alex

My whole thing is I just wanted to know if Ace was sticking by the original for now and then maybe down the road in the later future they may upgrade to the new expansion.

You can be 99% sure they don't have a clue themselves if they are going to make anything for the expansion or not, and I'm confident that they won't have a clue until it is released. And since the expansion isn't released and they don't have any code for it they can't develop for it anyway, and thus have only original ArmA2 to develop for.

If Operation: Arrowhead turns out to be another Queen's Gambit I'm sure they won't make it a prerequisite for the mod, while if it becomes another Resistance then I on the other hand think they *will* convert to it.

As such: Of course they are sticking to ArmA2 for now. What else would they develop for? OFPDR?

You can be 99% sure they don't have a clue themselves if they are going to make anything for the expansion or not, and I'm confident that they won't have a clue until it is released. And since the expansion isn't released and they don't have any code for it they can't develop for it anyway, and thus have only original ArmA2 to develop for.

If Operation: Arrowhead turns out to be another Queen's Gambit I'm sure they won't make it a prerequisite for the mod, while if it becomes another Resistance then I on the other hand think they *will* convert to it.

As such: Of course they are sticking to ArmA2 for now. What else would they develop for? OFPDR?

Ok well thanks for putting my concerns at ease. I don't know how modding works so thanks for the input.

Now that the tools got released, i suppose you ACE guys are working 100% on it?

I was wondering if you guys are going to fix the MLRS ?

and possibly make additions to it ?

I just joined a domination server and while it did have the target artillery thing , it wouldnt let me target anything on the map. I dont know if it was a range thing (i was at the ass end of the airbase and i was at full elevation)

But it kinda upsetted me that this awesome peice of firepower cannot be used.

are you guys going to fix the arty stuff?

and make them easier to reload and such

The lack of tools never slowed work on ACE2 down. The old tools were sufficient for the most part.

just a thaught here regarding sounds.

Why havent Mark been asked to do sounds for the ACE mods? We also have more talented soundmodders like Chammy for example. But im thinking, or actually i always thaught ACE was a super group reaching out to the best creators in the community, and i have to say that Mark is definatelly one of the best in sound making. I think many agrees as well. Just check all his work. You understand pretty fast that there is a lot of time behind that quality.

And no disrespect to the ACE sound guy. You did a lot of great sounds for ACE1! Im just curious why ACE didnt reach out to Mark to ask him to help out. That he wasnt contacted at all so to speak. As i thaught, or had this romantic vision of the ACE team reaching out to the best to complete ACE in the best possible way.

Whatever you do im sure it will be, well ACE. Just checking. ;)

Alex

I actually thought ACE didn't have any sound guy at all, at least not for the default sounds... because sound mods where really up to people their taste and such so you could just add your own sound mod when you like, without touching any of the mods stuff.

may i ask how far ace mod for a2 is complete

i cant wait for this mod

so good

best regards

Paragraphic you may notice modifications of the M249 firing sound on the last 2 updates on ACE mod for ArmA1.

They really use somes custom sounds, but almsot every 1 has been using Vop sound becouse of ArmA1 default sound has really weird and unrealistic.

"Some"? I changed every stock sound in ACE 1, except footsteps and cars. ;)

okay sorry about that tpM never knew that, I thought that atleast at initial release the mod came without any huge sound alterations?

Is the ACE2 team in contact with some of the modders currently putting out content for Arma2 like Operation Northstar? I was wondering if we are only going to see conversions of Arma1 content or if all this wonderful new modding is going to be included as well.

Thanks!:)