Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

Well, i was chatting with Chris last night (or was it the day before...short memory here) about the alpha bugs.

Afaik the alpha bug (alpha bug not inside an model, but alpha bug between two individual models...witch was afaik the problem) was only a problem on previous generation GPU cards, like the 8800GTX etc (at least i have that one and had the bug). But according too other players with other and newer cards apperently this alpha bug isn't present anymore.

Witch makes me wonder, since we are all in some way forced to replace our old cards by a newer one to be able to play ArmA2 decent, maybe the bug isn't relevant anymore so this allows us to introduce it again.

Maybe a poll or even better some quality research on why and how is needed.

Well, i was chatting with Chris last night (or was it the day before...short memory here) about the alpha bugs.

Afaik the alpha bug (alpha bug not inside an model, but alpha bug between two individual models...witch was afaik the problem) was only a problem on previous generation GPU cards, like the 8800GTX etc (at least i have that one and had the bug). But according too other players with other and newer cards apperently this alpha bug isn't present anymore.

Witch makes me wonder, since we are all in some way forced to replace our old cards by a newer one to be able to play ArmA2 decent, maybe the bug isn't relevant anymore so this allows us to introduce it again.

Maybe a poll or even better some quality research on why and how is needed.

IF it will always led to some people not being able to use it, woudn't it be possible to include the two versions, one with the cool but risky trick and the other without it?

BTW, the feature looks awesome in the video. I wasn't interested at all but now I see I didn't know what you were talking about :thumb:

That looks juicy and i would really want that, but does it have any advantages? If it doesnt work on some cards and doesnt have any advantage except looking cool/real then it seems the usual (boring) one is as good as any. Or am i wrong?

I personally want it though as it looks brilliant. Just checking. :)

PS. Maybe as a additional PBO (modular) with effects working on latest cards only? And servers can have it acceptable so people withouth those videocards and those with can all play together. Maybe doesnt work?

Alex

PS. Maybe as a additional PBO (modular) with effects working on latest cards only? And servers can have it acceptable so people withouth those videocards and those with can all play together. Maybe doesnt work? Alex

You will have 2 different models for each weapon with that feature...not really worth it.

Alpha Bug was present on:

ATI 19xx - tested

NVD 88xx - heard

NVD 260GTX - tested (not really an old card this one)

So, while on some cards alpha bug might not be present, on MOST, it still is, including some of the latest ones....

Does it worth it? Hmmm...

That looks juicy and i would really want that, but does it have any advantages?

Very small advantages for very small amounts of people. It really only has utility for people with TrackIR but even then, I think the difference is insignificant. In ArmA, you're 100% perfectly alligned down the sightline of the barrel while aiming. IRL, you're not always well alligned, thus the utility.

While I would also like to see the paralyx effect implemented, I simply will not do it because of the number of people who experience the bug.

Others feel differently - as evidenced by aimpoint's addon from A1.

As for the list of which cards work and which don't - I have an HD 4850 and I do not have the bug.

What about when nightvision is up you see the lasers from peoples' guns?

As long as I can turn my lazer on and off

You guys must include Opticalsnares amazing new weapon fx mod. Absolutely gorgeous.

Links man, links.

You guys must include Opticalsnares amazing new weapon fx mod. Absolutely gorgeous.

No one "must" include anything really...especially since you are linking towards a WIP project, where no one knows much about (unless you have tested that yourself)

Hehe i guess a lot of us have seen some amazing addons being made and all of us ACE addicts are hoping for these seemingly great addons to be included. :)

I dont think thats anything strange, and at the same time we who do not work with ACE can only give some subtle pointers and hope for the best.

What matters the most though is that we know that ACE2 will be bloody fantastic. Im pretty sure of this.

Alex

Hope there will be a release soon and not that they want to have it perfect and develope some years ^^

Hope there will be a release soon and not that they want to have it perfect and develope some years ^^

I think we can all wait whatever it takes though. BIS has taught us all to be patient, one way or the other ;). Besides, the game engine is being heavily patched right now, and one release today may not work tomorrow. BIS is still in the phase where they can change core parts without compromising too many community made content. We have to give this time to BIS also.

No one "must" include anything really...especially since you are linking towards a WIP project, where no one knows much about (unless you have tested that yourself)

Sorry mate, let me rephrase:

"I'd love it if you could perhaps investigate the inclusion of Opticalsnare's mod, as the WIP videos look simply amazing. If you could include it into your mod, that's one less mod I have to worry about installing, and one less mod that may cause compatibility issues with yours."

Would like to see the insurgents using G3A3 if we have some Desert maps.

How can we donate a gun to the game?With who i must speak?

A friend of myne sayd he would love to model the G3A3 for ACE mod.

He made some model to Project Reality Mod (BF2).Here a SS with some's:

rdr5-2.jpg

-----------

If the image dont load: http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk151/exec_4ever/rdr5-2.jpg

@jhoson14

please send a PM to sickboy, scubaman3d or myself or all with details (file format, polys, uv maped or not, number of lods etc etc).

Thank you for your interest

do you guys have an estimated release date yet? :)

:icon_ohmygod:

I think you ace peeps should really just set a release date of 2030 and say "if it gets released before we'll let everyone know".

I think you ace peeps should really just set a release date of 2030 and say "if it gets released before we'll let everyone know".

Damn good call. I love the release question.

With the new announcement of the new Expansion I was just wondering where ACE is going be in the future. I have Arma2 and I personally have no interest in getting the new Expansion and so my question is if we don't get the new standalone expansion will we be able to play the ACE MOD still? I'm hoping that you guys will just stick with Arma 2 rather then adding in the Expansion so that people like myself who don't want to upgrade don't have too. Any info on that would be awesome.

Quick medical system suggestions:

First, I think there should be two types of wounding: First one, you fall and squirm around with default ArmA 2 animations. This could be treated quickly with the good old ACE mod 1 morphine and bandages. Second one, you fall with default death animations, and are very close to death. You would have to "examine" like in the first ACE mod to see if they're still alive. Medics should have the ability to sustain them, but not revive. Possibly another class could be used to revive these severely wounded soldiers with some sort of equipment?

I think this system could add a lot to ArmA 2, for players would actually have to medevac wounded comrades, AND those wounded wouldn't be stuck out of the rest of the game.

@Hauler,

Although I can't speak for the ACE guys, I would think they would finish their work on Arma2 before making any decisions, although if the new engine features in the expansion mean much more mod-ability then who knows?