Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

-Fire control would be nice. Don't know how hard it would be to put in though for the MBT's

-Working flashlights and lasers for Inf weapons.

-Working and usable backup sights for ACOG,G36 red dot, Steyr Iron sights etc...

- Better bullet impact effects. More noise when taking fire inside vehcles. If rounds are landing infront of your face your eyes should squint as their is secondary shrapnel flying about.

- Proper mil dots for magnified scopes.

- Proper aiming system for hellfire missiles, atgm;'s etc...

I especially hopes to see the Strykers again... indeed the Stryker 1128 MGS - It's such a cool idea IMHO...:)

Hopefully we'll see some fresh green Strykers with SLAT, and some good looking Bradleys and some MRAP's and some nice looking 1st Infantry guys then id be pretty horny. = )

Edited by jakethesnake245

What about when nightvision is up you see the lasers from peoples' guns?

Ever since I've seen Generation Kill, I've thought about this in ArmA 2. I'm not sure how common it is on weapons these days or if it would be practical to include, but it does look like a nifty feature.

I wouldn't think they've included those IR aiming assists yet, simply because of the technical problems of a good implementation of them.

I wouldn't think they've included those IR aiming assists yet, simply because of the technical problems of a good implementation of them.

They had em in VBS2 if im not mistaken, so no reason not to have included them...

VBS2 isn't ArmA2. The team making VBS2 has the luxury of having access to ArmA's source code to make new stuff work that the original engine doesn't support. We modders don't have that luxury.

It might very well be doable in ArmA2. I don't know. But it couldn't be done in any good way for ArmA1.

They had em in VBS2 if im not mistaken, so no reason not to have included them...

this was hardcoded into VBS2 and cannot function similarly in A2 unless BIS implements it.

Personally I would like to see things added to ACE that fit with an insurgency campaign in Chenarus. Mosin Nagant sniper rifles, Yugo SKS with rifle grenades, all that low tech stuff that gets overlooked in favor of an AK and RPG.

Personally I would like to see things added to ACE that fit with an insurgency campaign in Chenarus. Mosin Nagant sniper rifles, Yugo SKS with rifle grenades, all that low tech stuff that gets overlooked in favor of an AK and RPG.

I already started making a Lee Enfield and an SKS...one never knows what to expect in the "future" ;)

I already started making a Lee Enfield and an SKS...one never knows what to expect in the "future" ;)

oh lord , be still my heart

all this mod needs is functional PEQ units

Are you guys going to add the EFVP1 ?

Im asking this because i just tried using the other apc's in the game and they are slow as shit on the water.

Besides , the efvp1 can carry 17 marines and it hauls ass on the water

Hi, regarding the ACE2 selection of units... When I first played ACE1 I was kind of surprised of coming to know that the Marines doesn't use the Aimpoint sight so extensively as the Army does, but then I saw the Marines depicted in Arma 2 use the Aimpoint like anything, so I have two questions: 1) Does the Marines use the Aimpoint IRL just as the Army does? And 2) Will ACE2 Marines use different loadouts that use Aimpoint as stock primary sight system?

Thanks in advance. Please feel free to elaborate ;).

@seba1976:

The Marines use ACOGs ALOT more then they do use the M68 Aimpoints, although im sure they still use Aimpoints here and there but alot use the ACOGs.

(correct if im wring any US Marines on here :P)

Hi, regarding the ACE2 selection of units... When I first played ACE1 I was kind of surprised of coming to know that the Marines doesn't use the Aimpoint sight so extensively as the Army does, but then I saw the Marines depicted in Arma 2 use the Aimpoint like anything, so I have two questions: 1) Does the Marines use the Aimpoint IRL just as the Army does? And 2) Will ACE2 Marines use different loadouts that use Aimpoint as stock primary sight system?

Thanks in advance. Please feel free to elaborate ;).

Pretty sure that every M16A4 in the Marines is supposed to have an ACOG (TA31RCO-A4CP, in fact).

Pretty sure that every M16A4 in the Marines is supposed to have an ACOG (TA31RCO-A4CP, in fact).

I believe that is the case. It's been a while for me though so I can't really say. And you said it right, "supposed to" being the key words. I've never used an M68 but had seen a few, but this was someone's personal choice. So seba1976, in real life it is completely possible and plausible that there currently are Marines using it in theater somewhere but whether or not they're are "supposed to" use them is a completely different matter.

That said I'm hoping to see a new aimpoint with ACE2. It's always fun to have a choice. Hell often times I like to have an AK with me in game when making a mission playing as the USMC. The more the merrier and if it works well for the task I want to stand behind it.

Just porting all the stuff from ACE 1 would make me happy.

But i know that is gonna have a lot more, "playable" features and some eye candies. Hardly cant wait.

Now some questions:

1) VON channels are hardcoded? Nothing can be done, right? Would be nice to have channels to long range radios, walktalks, etc..

2) No attachable stuff in weapons again(due engine limitation)? SDs, Scopes, etc as "real objects" that can be carried in inventory, like in STALKER.

3) Any information about what forces will be in the fisrt release? Brads ill make it? :P

4) Somekind of lawn mower will be avaible? ¬¬

Thanks in advance for any response.

Thanks a lot for the answers, I also hope to hear something about the subject from the team behind ACE. Before asking I looked for RL pictures of the marines and most of them had indeed ACOGs. Any ideas about why the Marine Corp prefer ACOGs or plain iron sights while the army goes with the Aimpoint?

Thanks a lot for the answers, I also hope to hear something about the subject from the team behind ACE. Before asking I looked for RL pictures of the marines and most of them had indeed ACOGs. Any ideas about why the Marine Corp prefer ACOGs or plain iron sights while the army goes with the Aimpoint?

Because every Marine is a rifleman. ;) Seriously, the Marines have always placed a premium on marksmanship, and the ACOG is a precision optic. However, I have never seen anything to suggest that iron sights would be preffered over a CCO outside of training/competition.

There is a Mosin Sniper in Arma 1 now from one of the WW2 mods that focuses on finland, might be due for a conversion to Arma 2 for sure.

I know that the enfield is used in Afghanistan, but I sure would like the Mosin around too since it makes a lot of sense for a country like Chenarus and the commonality of ammo with SVDs and PKMs. Please o please dont leave it out/take it out like PR did. ;)

SKS will be awesome, would be good to have the rifle grenade variant for sure as it was used in the Bosnian conflict. Yugo 59/66 I believe is the model number.

1) VON channels are hardcoded? Nothing can be done, right? Would be nice to have channels to long range radios, walktalks, etc..

Yes, VON is harcoded

2) No attachable stuff in weapons again(due engine limitation)? SDs, Scopes, etc as "real objects" that can be carried in inventory, like in STALKER.

No one will carry a scope, silencer etc in his backpack, since it's hardly possible to attach it on the field - we talking about zeroing etc here.

Though i agree that would be nice to have a system where you select the primary weapon at a crate (say m16a4), then you can select the attachments you like (based on the weapons available) - engine limitations

3) Any information about what forces will be in the fisrt release? Brads ill make it? :P

Cannot really guarantee atm. Bradleys are in the works before A2 was even released.

4) Somekind of lawn mower will be avaible? ¬¬

?

Pufu I think the lawnmower comment was because of all the grass in game, kind of a joke.

Ironically there is a tractor in vanilla Arma 2 that a bush hog type mower attachment could be added on to. :)