Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

I would love to texture Dasquade's TAC50 or HelpingHand's Magpul Masada for a 3rd party "SF" weapon. There just isn't enough time in the day. Sorry :(

1216598861693.jpg

maybe you could release the uv maps and models for other people to texture

I think most agree that the scope was a bit broad. It has already been stated that the team is evaluating the content and deciding on scope, but I still don't think that weapons were the bulk of the problem. Panda is correct in his reasoning. Whether or not we include 10 M4 variants or just 5, they still all use the same textures. The textures take the bulk of the space. If there were just 5 M4, the M4 PBO might be 50MB, while 10 M4s might take up 55MB. You get 2x more versions at 1/10 size increase. The REAL problem with space is more related to character and vehicle models.

As to your complaint about "resistance" weapons. We have limited resources. For a time, I was *THE* 3D guy for ACE and in addition, we relied on contributions. I am, however, interested in developing these types of weapons going forward. If you would like to donate a G3 then please do so. There is an FN FAL Para in the mod and an SA80 too. I even started to model a Lee Enfield and an SKS. I would love to texture Dasquade's TAC50 or HelpingHand's Magpul Masada for a 3rd party "SF" weapon. There just isn't enough time in the day. Sorry :(

i dont have a G3 to donate, however I do got a FN FAL.. and i know how it is when people asking and asking with like no understanding what it takes to model everything. I dont mean that. but I think that if ACE started to be more active on asking users for donations, they would get them and there is a lot out there (for arma1).

Anyway, lets just keep our fingers crossed that ACE2 will rock.. once I am done with the afghanistan mod I will see if i can and you guys want my help.

Anyway, lets just keep our fingers crossed that ACE2 will rock...

Don't have to keep your fingers crossed. ACE2 will rock :)

IMO, ACE2 kicks ACE1's ass!

IMO, ACE2 kicks ACE1's ass!

That is very interesting to hear scubaman, im sure we all are aching to see what ACE2 can do! :D

So... when shall be the first planned release? :>

I can't wait. ArmA1 was at least 5x better with ACE ... honestly. ArmA2 is good but ... it needs ACE2! Loved the first one, will love the second too I'm sure.

Keep up the good work ... it'll be like counting down the days until the ArmA2 release all over agian :D

I want to apologise in advance if the question was addressed before but I think that a Yes/No answer is faster than reading 19 pages. :) So my question is did the project team already start working on ACE2 or is still in planning stage? I’m not rushing you guys, I just want to know if its possible to work on the mod without mod tools.

Id'e like to see ability to lock doors and kick locked doors down. Could have fun with missions this way. U run out of ammo and hide and this is where ability to use rifle/knife would shine in mp even thou the guy kicking it down would most probably kill ya.

Also be good for campaign missions.

So... when shall be the first planned release? :>

I suppose such a date doesn't even exist :P

Damn it's a shame you guys are going to have to put up with all the begging and/or "inquiring" about a release date all over again. It was so nice when the ACE thread "disappeared" for a few months at the end of last year and then BOOM!!!... the release day slapped us upside the head. Hopefully people will leave it be earlier in ArmA2.

I look forward to what ever the ACE crew conjures up for A2. The original ACE was monumental for A1. Definitely worth the wait for ArmA.

There should be forum rules against release dates requests. First time the post is ignored(if the mod team doesn't actually have a release date), second time the user is banned. Simple as that.

There should be forum rules against release dates requests. First time the post is ignored(if the mod team doesn't actually have a release date), second time the user is banned. Simple as that.

May want to throw in a warning first, there is plenty of well meaning people who have never read the forum rules.

Anyway, as long as we are actually discussing ACE2, I think this thread has business being open. The ACE1 discussion thread on the other hand turned into a thread of pure whining and date requests, which is why it was locked.

I hope that all weapons get that cool little sight adjustment feature , even with iron sights and red dots.

dont know if that was ACE or just XEH .

But it was an important basic feature of ACE for me.

Another thing i want to see is really good tracers and sound effects ! the vanilla sounds are vomit inducing ( the miniguns in particular )

Something simple I've wanted to see in this series since ArmA, even before in OFP I would have wanted it... The ability to draw lines on the map with "grease pencils", and maybe a calibrated map protractor that you can drag around the map like you can drag the compass and GPS around when the map screen is up. Even something as simple as a graphic of a grease pencil sitting to the side of the map that you can drag around, and when you bring the point near the ruler edge of the compass, or the delineated edges of the map protractor, it makes a straight line along the edge.

Might sound dumb, but it would be pretty cool if you could actually have a couple simple tools like that to do land nav on the map should you not want any and every soldier in your squad carrying a GPS for realisms' sake.

I think it would be a simple but at least somewhat useful addition to a mod like ACE that is based around realism.

One thing that bothered me about ACE1 was the reliance on chat messages to convey non-chat information. This is very ugly, unprofessional, and unnecessary. It is my hope to actually have an ArmA2 playable without radio subtitles on and this poor reliance isn't helping.

For example the weapon rest feature from ACE1 used the chat. There's no reason it couldn't be a hint pop up or even just a sound. Feel free to use the chat for simple testing and debugging but please clean it up before a public release.

Might sound dumb, but it would be pretty cool if you could actually have a couple simple tools like that to do land nav on the map should you not want any and every soldier in your squad carrying a GPS for realisms' sake.

I think it would be a simple but at least somewhat useful addition to a mod like ACE that is based around realism.

There's SPON Map for that in ArmA. I'm not sure if it works for ArmA2, or if there's an updated version of it, but that tool was truly awesome.

I haven't read through all 20 pages, but something I would like to see is more realistic flight interface.

-G-forces resulting in black out/red out

-noises specific to cockpit events (bitching betty, stall warnings (vibrating stick sound), V1, V2, "hick" sounds when pulling high Gs)

-better gauges all around for every vehicle and aircraft (when hit by a missile, I'd like to see the oil pressure drop for example)

-engine fires, separate engine controls (4 for the C130 for example)

-steerable nose wheels for all aircraft

-taxi ability for helos with wheels

-realistic climb from hover for the Osprey!!!! (damn thing is slow to get off the ground compared to Youtube vids!)

-rudder fix (wobble elimination - might be a HOTAS issue only??)

Not to start a ridiculous discussion here (again) but the ACE Wounding System was more Realistic than you maybe think!

In RL People DO NOT (always) die from a Bullet-wound instantly like in Vanilla Arma and Arma2 - they die from blood-loss in the most cases if no first aid is available.

Also ACE did calculated the ballistic Vest of Certain units-classes which slows down bullets in the worst case and thus results in lower damage values, etc.

Trust me we had much discussion about it ACE-Internal and a lot of Info from ballistic experts, books about war injuries, etc was posted and evaluated.

I just can tell you for instance that my Grandfather was shot into his lung during the WW2 and he survived!

In Brazil-Slums or in Gangwars in USA, people sometimes survive with more than 15 bulletshots, etc...

When you believe "One Shot = Dead" than you believe in pure Hollywood dramatist.

Fact is ACE made it much much much more realistic than Arma1 ever was - of course one had to get used to it when he was playing normal Arma1 before, but thats life.

The only thing it was missing (but it was AFAIK in development) was that shot AI suffers more from bulletwounds/bleeding and not stand up again like nothing happens and returning to killer machines again.

Yes, that is true, when i look documentaries on TV usualy its a 1/4 ratio betwen killed and wounded in WW2.

But the thing is that your grandpa probably didnt get his bullet hole pluged and a M1 put in his hand and told to get out there and fight, probably his whole squad came to help him to get him out of there.

Thats what i miss in ArmA2, AI never realy sticks up for wounded guys. Instead of the whole squad going bonkers to get the guy into cover they all just keep shooting and the medic has to go trough the lead storm and heal the guy...

how about actually hearing incoming mortars and artillery?

how about actually hearing incoming mortars and artillery?

Can't say I've been hit with anything indirect in-game (not for lack of trying!) but according to the config files, there is supposed to be a sound when you are within twice the lethal radius of the shell.

// M119 / 105mm Artillery Shells
   class ARTY_Sh_105_HE: ARTY_Sh_Base
   {
       hit = 250;
       indirectHit = 110;
       indirectHitRange = 25;
       typicalSpeed = 800;
       explosive = 0.800000;
       cost = 300;
       timeToLive = 120;
       model = "\ca\Weapons\shell";
       airFriction = airFriction_105mm;
       CraterEffects = "ArtyShellCrater";
       ExplosionEffects = "ARTY_ShellExplosionMedium";
       ARTY_NetShell = "ARTY_Sh_105_NET";
[b]whistleDist = 50;// 2x indirect hit range[/b]

So at least the scripting is already in place.

Edited by Apocal

In reality incoming mortars and artillery don't whistle though.

In reality incoming mortars and artillery don't whistle though.

Not entirely true... A 155mm shell dos make a very special sound flying over your head. And i would figure since a 155 makes a noice and even a 5.56 makes a noice, everything in between allso dos..

But what do i know.. ive only been shot over/near.. never at..

:bounce3: