Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

There will be no minipacks as you call them.

You either download ACE Full that includes CBA, ACE and ACEX. Or you download ACE Core that includes CBA and ACE only.

Turning systems on/off is planned but isn't so much the problem, it's rather the size and scope of the Mod that was, for some ppl :)

Furthermore, we are splitting up our addons over multiple addons, to reduce the amount of (redundant) data present in updates.

Private Communities creating tailored versions of ACE2 will also be more easy.

Edited by Sickboy

Hey guys!

I simply LOVED the WGL mod for OFP, and I wanted to try ACE for ArmA because I am sure it would be more great top quality realistic work, but my computer can't handle it, so I have not tried ACE yet.

I have a question: People are saying that the armor combat in ArmA 2 is not very good, what are you guys doing to improve it with the ACE 2 mod for ArmA 2? Are you guys implementing things such as penetration, proper shell ballistics, different parts of vehicles getting damaged (catastrophic explosion, gun stops working, individual crew members injured/killed, getting tracked etc...)? What about the ammo types besides just generic HEAT and SABOT? What about individual crew stations?

I would be very interested to hear what your plans are for armor combat with the ACE 2 mod for ArmA 2.

Oh my God, mods like this make me just want to go out and buy my new PC RIGHT NOW!!! Gonna be a little bit before I can try this awesome mod unfortunately, hopefully it will be ready by the time I can :)

Keep up the great work!

Sooooooooo... About my question? :D

There will be no minipacks as you call them.

You either download ACE Full that includes CBA, ACE and ACEX. Or you download ACE Core that includes CBA and ACE only.

Turning systems on/off is planned but isn't so much the problem, it's rather the size and scope of the Mod that was, for some ppl :)

Furthermore, we are splitting up our addons over multiple addons, to reduce the amount of (redundant) data present in updates.

Private Communities creating tailored versions of ACE2 will also be more easy.

Just stick to that auto update batch file you can load and ill have no prob just sitting back and watching it download whilst drinking a cold one! :D

Hi all,

First of all Thx for all ur hard work and I like to tell all the people who try to critisize these guys that its everyones own opinion to use or not to use ace.

Feedback is necessary for improvements of course, but not the ace is shit and it stays shit forever things, I guess. Thats all about it and sry for this little memento.

My personal oppinion about where to improve is the AI. Its nice to see tons of different weapons and tanks and so on, but the main thing what keeps me playing with arma again and again(and hopefully arma2 as well) is the improved-by-mods AI what doesnt cheat(eyes at back, instant firing back when hit, etc...)but competitive and try to fight back as a team. The rest is secondary, at least for me and a few other guys we usually play this game and its ancessors for looong. :) IF it makes me think twice how to catch the next depot with my squad (who needs to be smart as well as the enemy) in single player as well as gives fun in MP would be great and appreciated. At least from my side.

Thx again and keep it up!

PS:

FFN, and GL3 were really great with ai tune, it might be worth to discuss it with them if it didnt happen b4.

Hello there

Here comes a really obvious question.

Before you turn away in disgust i'm only after a rough estimate....

K, here goes...

How long until a public release?

Days / weeks / months ?

Again, just after an estimate rather than a confirmed release date.

I'm more interested really in what needs to be worked on to bring it up to Arma 2 and indeed if it will be a direct port of the version of ACE we knew and loved from Arma 1 or if it will have more features added or will it be a rewrite to address issues raised above in other posts?

Perhaps poke your PR people a bit to get em to update the site?

Rgds

LoK

Being a fan of Bf2: Project Reality

http://www.realitymod.com

I know how a good mod can improve a game and therefore I will try ACE2 as soon as its ready :)

Do you have any real website to keep track of ACE2 development ?

Plus where can we see ACE features for those of us new to Arma ?

Edited by Skodz

Speaking of project reality, one of the reason they became so popular was because of regular updates. I think thats one of the most important things to remember, mods seem to attract much more attention through medium size releases every few months, rather than giant content releases every 8-12 months or so. ACE 1 did a great job of constantly updating every couple of months and i hope this continues in ACE 2. Good luck to you guys, I can't wait to play it!

How long until a public release?

Days / weeks / months ?

We are somewhat dependent with some things on BIS tools, in order to make the models in ACE use the new A2 shaders. It's not gonna take as much as it did for A1, rest assured, but i believe we're talking about months (although not that many).

Besides it's always better NOT to give an exact date so that ppl don't complain for you not sticking to it and/or "demand" an update

...if it will be a direct port of the version of ACE we knew and loved from Arma 1 or if it will have more features added or will it be a rewrite to address issues raised above in other posts?

both

Perhaps poke your PR people a bit to get em to update the site?

Not sure what website you are talking about.

Do you have any real website to keep track of ACE2 development ?

Yes, we do. Can random public members see it/have access to it? Not yet

Plus where can we see ACE features for those of us new to Arma ?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ACE_Features

Hello there thanks for the feedback.

Damn, months......damn....

The website i ment was your (ACE's) site, the url escapes me at the moment, all i really remember about it was that the forums didn't work and the front "news" page was asking for helpers. Could have been www.acemod.net?

Anyhoo, really cant wait for the update but Im sure it will change the face of ARMA2 gaming.

rgds

LoK

definitely cant wait for ACE for arma 2. im a big fan of medic system and the fact that the AI dont see through the brush (apparently they still can in arma 2).

go fast like :D

I highly suggest you guys try to grab the FLIR system and implement it into the first release of ACE 2

BTW , are the tracers in ace mod the ones that emit light?

because i have like 1000 mods downloaded and im not sure if these are the stock ace tracers.

when they are close enough to the ground they will emit a green/red light on the ground

they look very cool at night

definitely cant wait for ACE for arma 2. im a big fan of medic system and the fact that the AI dont see through the brush (apparently they still can in arma 2).

go fast like :D

It has been said and proven numerous times that the AI cannot see through bushes only through grass! (Problem is they hear very good] Why is it so hard to understand/see that?:rolleyes:

Confusing while Arma2's grass looks like bushes.

Hey guys!

I simply LOVED the WGL mod for OFP, and I wanted to try ACE for ArmA because I am sure it would be more great top quality realistic work, but my computer can't handle it, so I have not tried ACE yet.

I have a question: People are saying that the armor combat in ArmA 2 is not very good, what are you guys doing to improve it with the ACE 2 mod for ArmA 2? Are you guys implementing things such as penetration, proper shell ballistics, different parts of vehicles getting damaged (catastrophic explosion, gun stops working, individual crew members injured/killed, getting tracked etc...)? What about the ammo types besides just generic HEAT and SABOT? What about individual crew stations?

I would be very interested to hear what your plans are for armor combat with the ACE 2 mod for ArmA 2.

Wouldn't know if it is feasible to try to do proper gunnery procedures with laser rangefinders and a ballistic computer adjusting the cannon.

But!With ArmA2 came a new command: setHit. This command let you set the damage level on a specific component in a vehicle, which probably could be used in part to more effectively script a proper vehicle damage system. We'll see what modders manage to do with this, but it sounds like it has lots of potential.

Wouldn't know if it is feasible to try to do proper gunnery procedures with laser rangefinders and a ballistic computer adjusting the cannon.

But!With ArmA2 came a new command: setHit. This command let you set the damage level on a specific component in a vehicle, which probably could be used in part to more effectively script a proper vehicle damage system. We'll see what modders manage to do with this, but it sounds like it has lots of potential.

Ah thanks, because I heard that the ArmA 2 vehicle damage system was just terrible!

I'm sure ACE2 geniuses will be able to come up with something amazing! :D

And if the game won't allow for a complicated FCS well what can you do. Hopefully they will model some new round types like they did with WGL (haven't played ArmA I so couldn't comment about ACE1, though i'm sure it was great ;) ) instead of generic "SABOT" and "HEAT" like in vanilla OFP (and ArmA I think?)

Anyway, thanks! Can't wait to get new PC and test out ArmA II with ACE2 a winning combination!

I'll put my hand up to make an ACE 'bootcamp', tutorial missions teaching and showcasing the features. Just get me a PM if you guys need some help there. It'll help you guys focus on the core elements and cut back on some of the questions asked after release.

One problem with sethit. How do you get the damage of that component? :(

That kinda kills its potential.

Still, there are some other ways the damage system can be improved ;)

Will ace look at introducing hand to hand combat? Is it possible to work with BIS on this? I can't tell you how badly I would cream myself if ArmA2 had bayonets.

Looking forward to this, any ETA? Are we talking weeks or months?

Will ace look at introducing hand to hand combat? Is it possible to work with BIS on this? I can't tell you how badly I would cream myself if ArmA2 had bayonets.

Maybe with the new arms-only animations? :)

One problem with sethit. How do you get the damage of that component? :(

That kinda kills its potential.

Still, there are some other ways the damage system can be improved ;)

Ouch. Didn't think about checking for a command to detect the damage state. Was too happy about the setHit-command :(

Oh, well. I'm sure improvements can be done anyway, so I'm a happy banana anyway!:yay:

one thing i would realy like to see tweaked/fixed in ace 2 is the ballistic + range adjustement on weapons. Leave the vanilla ballistic curve when range adjustement is on default. i think a good solution here would be to set, for each weapons, the range adjustement value corresponding to the vanilla game. so u dont have to get used to two differents ballistic systems. that kinda make peoples unable to be real instinctive sharpshooters.

it was very annoying that depending on the mission (supporting ace weapons or not) the curve varies . when shooting a shilka at 500m with m136 and no respawn the first shoot need to be a hit. and be used to the two curves was a big nono.

Yes bring ACE to ArmA 2 and with all Units and Weapons as in the 1.09 Version.:yay:

It would be very nice if there would be released some new tarn shemes to some plains like the C-130 or UH-60 Helicopters too !!

I think an AC-130 Spectre Gunship is a MUST HAVE for this Modification!!!;);):D

I cannot wait to play ArmA2 with A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2 :yay:

This is what i wanted ACE to implement (Note that i have not played ArmA 2 yet so i am not sure about weapons already in it)

- Size of the menus in show status, near impossible to read

- Artillery layout should be like that of the one in single player

- Increase the number of rifle types variants of the default weapons, like adding more/newer attachments and RIS systems like the new M4A1 SRIS (I think that's what it's called) which makes the M4A1 so much better

- Add a Backpack system including a weight system which affects exhaustion

- Improved sounds, better simulated Jet and Prop plane fly-by sounds

- A new exhaustion system that after a limited time of sprinting you have to jog, rest or walk for a while before you can sprint again

- Decreasing the amount of AT Ammunition you can carry

- Decrease the health of the radio tower for just 1 satchel to be able to blow it

- Increase the variants of the aircraft

- Better simulation of Javelin CLU

- When parachuting, turning and slowing down should be slower, to make it harder

- Add a medic system where everything is like it was in ACE for ARMA1 but only medics can revive people, other players have to do CPR to keep them alive whilst waiting for a Medic

- Weapons i would like them to add: HK416, HK417, Barret M468, Bushmaster ACR, AUG Steyrs, FN FAL, G3KA4, P90, FN SCAR L, FN SCAR H, XM8 (I know it was just a cancelled prototype but it would be cool to have), Glock 19, Glock 18, USP .45, Colt M1911, Mk.14 EBR, USAS 12 Shotgun, SR-25, M110, AS50, Barret 98B, M21, M40A3, SV-98, FN minimi, Pecheneg, AK-103, M60E4,

- Attachments i would like them to add: Different magnifications on ACOGs EG: 1.5x, 6x, 4x etc..., Elcan scopes, Reflex Sites, Thermal scopes, EoTech Magnifiers, Aimpoint Magnifiers, AN/PEQ-2, Nightvision Sights some other modern stuff too

- Launchers i would like to be added: M3 MAAWS, M47 Dragon etc...

- better simulation of aircraft weapons systems

- Aircraft would like to see them add: F/A-18C Hornet (USMC use them), Mig-29, AC-130, AH-64 Apache and SU-32

- Aircraft weaponry i would like to see them add: JDAM, JSOW, GPS guided bombs and some other modern bombs and missiles.

I'd actually love to see a dramatic decrease in the amount of available weapons. Instead of having both the HK416, HK417, CAR-L and CAR-H, have only the HK416 and the CAR-H for example. Fills both the low and medium calibre roles, but for half the HDD space/download size.

Also I see no point in five hundred different optics. One ironsight, one holographic, one ACOG and one with some kind of sniper rifle scope per weapon (to the degree they are used).

If there is both EOTech, C-More and Aimpoint optics generally used for one weapon system (like the M4A1), then stick to one for that weapon. For example Aimpoint for the M4A1, and EOTech for the HK416.

Variation is nice, but the complete orgy in weapons and weapon attachments in the first ACE was more counterproductive than beneficial in my eyes.