Sign in to follow this  
dubtwist

Key bind issues

Hi there maybe someone can help me with an issue....

I customized some key binds in ArmA2 but somehow some of those binds don't always work.

I like to fire my weapons with the secondary mouse button and basically the button works as long as im in semi-automatic mode with any rifle as well as for all grenades etc... but it won't work for full auto rifle which I find strange (if I bind any other key to it like mouse3 or mouse4 it works....).

Anyone with similar issues or a solution to it?

Yes, I have bound the action menu to the key "P" before the patch and it worked fine. After the patch and the same key config I only get the players screen when pressing P, not the action menu although this key is only aligned to the action menu within the config.

Another problem I'm having: I have now bound the action menu to "Tab", but I can't open the action menu when the map is open which is very annoying since I want to order support to a certain point on the map and I always have to open the action menu BEFORE entering the map, otherwise it won't work.

Feedback from someone who has the same problem fixed or from the developers would be very welcome.

Damn, user error on my part... :)

Edited by Thr0tt

JoJoTheSlayer said to do this.

"Just a little tip I couldnt find searching for it.

You can transfer your old Arma 2 key bindings to your new AO profile.

AO will see your old nick, but it wont change any settings...unless you:

1. Start Arrowhead to check if your old profile is there. If so, select it and quit the game.

2. Go to where your Arma 2 / AO profile keybindings are:

C:\Users\(Computer name)\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Your Nick

or

C:\Users\(Computer name)\Documents\ArmA 2

3. Copy and paste the old Arma 2 key bindings into the same folder so you have two files there.

4. Copy the name of your AO profile file and then rename it something else.

5. Now rename the copied old Arma 2 key bindings to the AO name. Done...

You will get all your old key bindings and the new AO key bindings will be default."

Now I am sure you can figure this out.

I took it one step further and made copies of my bindings and stored them elswhere outside of the BI file and use it when anything gets changed or I wish to use a new profile.