Sign in to follow this  
manzilla

Start mission with hanger doors open?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this so I apologize if it's not.

I see some of the doors on some buildings("Hanger 2" mid-way down the northern edge of the Balota airstrip comes to mind) but when I'm creating a mission in the Editor the doors are closed. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get those doors to be open for the start and duration of the mission?

You probably have to use some sort of animation control. But I don't think the animation states have been released yet. You might be able to obtain the states via a simple trigger that reports the state? Can't help more, as I don't have the game yet.

maybe look into the com ref or biki?

I'll make sure to announce that I have checked comref and biki from now on, as I always do.

I can't seem to find anything in the comref, but all that stuff is pretty much a foreign language to me. I have no clue how to even begin getting something like this setup. Let alone knowing how to activate an animation when there's no way to access the building via the Editor. It's built into the map.

You must have a button called "ID" in the editor. Clicking on it will make the ID of each preplaced objects appear on map.

You can then use the command object to retrieve said object in a variable :

myHangar = object 12345

with "12345" being the number you've read on the map.

After that, you'll need to play some animation on the object to open it

You must have a button called "ID" in the editor. Clicking on it will make the ID of each preplaced objects appear on map.

You can then use the command object to retrieve said object in a variable :

myHangar = object 12345

with "12345" being the number you've read on the map.

After that, you'll need to play some animation on the object to open it

K. this is helping out a bunch thanks. Now where would I place said variable?

Mmmh, I forgot to check, but said command "object" seems to be not working anymore in ArmA. Getting it done in ArmA could be a lil more tricky :

Put a "LOGIC" object near said hangar (from ArmA specifications, less than 50m away), and in the init line of the LOGIC, put :

myHangar = position _this nearestObject 12345

I'll check for the animation part

EDIT : there we go, if I refer to the ArmA version of the commands and the examples given here : http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/animate

In the init line of your LOGIC object :

myHangar = position _this nearestObject 12345; myHangar animate ["Bargate", 0]

but you need to find the correct className for your gates instead of "Bargate". It may well be "Hangar2".

Pretty tricky, isn't it? :D

Edited by whisper

dvere1 dvere2 (the both small doors on the left)

vrata1 - vrata4 (the 4 big doors)

Mmmh, I forgot to check, but said command "object" seems to be not working anymore in ArmA. Getting it done in ArmA could be a lil more tricky :

Put a "LOGIC" object near said hangar (from ArmA specifications, less than 50m away), and in the init line of the LOGIC, put :

EDIT : there we go, if I refer to the ArmA version of the commands and the examples given here : http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/animate

but you need to find the correct className for your gates instead of "Bargate". It may well be "Hangar2".

Guys, thanks a ton. I'll try this out. I saw that Biki entry but it was all gibberish until you explained. I just needed that little nudge to understand it. Thanks again.

whats the anim name for the blue gates at the main airfield?

Cheers

GC

I still can't get this to work. I'm getting an error in the Editor something about a global variable in a local space. I'm assuming it's the "_this", I change it to just:

myHangar = position this nearestObject 20945; myHangar animate ["Hanger2", 0]

Can anyone tell me why this won't open the hanger doors?

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

Alright here's what I have. A GL on the map with this in the init line:

myHangar = position _this nearestObject 20945; myHangar animate ["door_1_1", 0] ; myHangar animate ["door_1_2", 0]; myHangar animate ["door_2_1", 0]; myHangar animate ["door_2_2", 0];

But this gives me an error and I can't close the GL so I changed it to this:

myHangar = position [b]this[/b] nearestObject 20945; myHangar animate ["door_1_1", 0] ; myHangar animate ["door_1_2", 0]; myHangar animate ["door_2_1", 0]; myHangar animate ["door_2_2", 0];

This lets me close the GL but the doors aren't open in game. The ID in the center of the "Hanger2" is "20945" so I'm not sure why it won't animate. I tried it with different door class names as well but nothing. I also tried Krnozky's vehinfo script to get the info but it doesn't work in ACE2 for some reason.

Can someone help me with this? It seems so simple but I've never got it to work in game.

Didn't you read Master85 post? ;)

..... I tried it with different door class names as well but nothing........

Hmmmm..... Did you read mine? That's what I was talking about. ;)

Animation names for hangar2 are what Master85 said.

Opening Hangar2 big sliding doors.

With gamelogic.

Init field.

getpos this nearestObject [i]123456[/i] animate ["vrata1",1];getpos this nearestObject [i]123456[/i] animate ["vrata2",1];

With trigger.

On Act field.

getpos [i]doortrigger[/i] nearestObject [i]123456[/i] animate ["vrata1",1];getpos [i]doortrigger[/i] nearestObject [i]123456[/i] animate ["vrata2",1];