Sign in to follow this  
Z-Nine

Ambient Civilian/Civilian Vehicles

Yes, that would roughly double the number of possible civs (depending on the rounding). :)

I had been writing in the init code like this:

BIS_alice_mainscope setvariable ["civilianCount","round (%1 / 10)"]; 

and I found when I changed it to:

BIS_alice_mainscope setvariable ["civilianCount","round (%1 / [color="Blue"]1[/color])"]; 

...it also made a big difference. But the problem is I could tell how much. I would say it doubled or tripled the # of civilian/vehicles but it was confusing because I thought it should have made a tenfold increase.

Trexian - do you know if ther'es a way to increase the ambient animal count? I wonder if I used the animal module and changed the word Civiliancount to AnimalCount if that would work. But I never see enough animals now to quantify it.

With an increase like that (.1 to 1) you may be running into an issue of them spawning more slowly than you're accustomed to. Also, some percentage will be spawning inside buildings, and may be "stuck" in there.

If you can get the name of the active town logic, you could use this:

Variables stored in town logics

* "ALICE_population" = <array>; - list of all civilians in town

and then hint the count of the ALICE_population.

I've never tried that, though, and off the top of my head, I don't know how to get the name of the active town logic.

I'm having a go at creating a mission with a scoring system and I want to penalise the player if he shoots any civilians by reducing the score (global variable). Anyone know how you can check for the player or blufor killing Ambient Civilian generated civilians?

Will the mission be MP or single player? You can add a "killed" eventhandler to civs (even Ambient Module-created ones), that will keep track of who gets killed and who kills them, but the scoring system is something I've never really been able to quite work out.

I think this is the way you can add an eventhandler to the ambient civilian initialization. This would be part of the mission init, most likely.

[
	bis_alice_mainscope,
	"ALICE_civilianinit",
	[{
	//add eventhandler here;
	}]
	] call bis_fnc_variablespaceadd;

I'm pretty sure I've added an eventhandler like that before, but I can't find the code right now... :doh:

what i need to use this Set variables"BIS_loc_acityc_kozlovka setvariable ["ALICE_forcePopulation",true];"?hmm sad

Edited by TeilX

Can't figure out how to use the Ambient Civilians Module in AO - From the BIS site...it seems to say you only need to place it (not sync it with anything).

However, when I place it.....I never get any Civs within the town it is placed in??

Do I need to write a code in the INT: field??

Just placing it should be enough but it takes a while to initiate so give it a minute or so before looking for civilians. I found the Alice2 in OA to be faster though.

Just placing it should be enough but it takes a while to initiate so give it a minute or so before looking for civilians. I found the Alice2 in OA to be faster though.

Huh? I have it placed (within a town)....but have yet to see a Civ??

And just placing it, is enough. You don't need to write anything in any of the INT/Code fields...

Hi I did a search and have found nothing that points me in the right direction

what i am trying to establish is there a method where i can use alice on a custom map and be able to enter custom civilians (in this case i wish to have African Civillains spawn )

Any help would be much appreciated

Kind Regards

Jason