Sign in to follow this  
Skeptic

Arma 2 Community Issue Tracker

simply tryed everything i found here,sorry for bad positioning reply but....

i cannot play this game....

i see arma2.exe running ,but i have only the vista desktop and i'm bored about this

Hi, reporting a habitual CTD/freeze i have been experiencing.

my report links w/ dxdiag are in a .rar:

http://rapidshare.com/files/298868466/ARMA_2_reports_and_dxdiag.rar.html

Description:

Anyways since i purchased the game 2 days ago, all the crashes/freezes i have had were while i was playing a mulitplayer game (domination) in map: Chernarus, inside a tank or an aircraft. I have had one crash inside an m1a2 tusk, one in an AH1Z, one in a V22, one in C130J and two in a UH60, either in flight or landing. Sometimes the screen will freeze but the sound will remain forcing me to reboot computer but sometimes i stops. Sometimes its just an instant CTD and occur within 20-60 minutes of gaming time. The most recent crash today was around 6PM PST 10/27.

System:

E8500@3.7GHZ stable temps (prime95 shows stable)

GTX280 @671/1444/2440 stable temps 190.62

2X2gb ocz 6400

windows vista 64bit

corsair 750tx

creative blaster audigy SE sound card

ASUS p5q

Edited by Cohort

Eh? Did anyone of you read the original post about the A2 CIT?

So could you please stop posting dumps and bug reports into this thread and use either the CIT or the Beta Testing Forum?

When reporting CTDs please always use the latest BETA: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

The BETA patch installs as mod (thus can always be reverted) and is multiplayer compatible.

So here is another CTD. My friend radde can play ArmA2 Singleplayer like hell but when he wants to play MP the game crashes to desktop. This happens when receiving data,in the lobby and sometimes he can play for a minute. Unfortunately after those crashes he has only a restricted connectivity. So he has to reboot to regain acces to the internet.

His files: http://arma2base.de/content/download/raddectd.rar

Drivers are all updated. Rest of his system:

Vista 64 Ultimate

6Gb RAM

Intel E8400 3Ghz

Geforce GTX 285 191.07

We tried -winxp and -maxmem=2048 and this settings also with the newest betapatch.

Anyone an idea?

Just searched the tracker for "cobra" and "AH1". Can anyone add this one?

Descrition:

A.i. infantry group doesnt react to enemy AH1 helicopter, they just stand normally with weapons down, machinegunners fire at AH1 but behave in aware/safe mode.

Repro:

Place an opfor infantry group and a blufor AH1 in the editor, preview as civilian.

Correct behaviour:

Place an opfor infantry group and a Mh60s or UH1Y in the editor, preview as civilian.

Version:

1.4 final, no beta patches, no addons or mods of any kind.

Eh? Did anyone of you read the original post about the A2 CIT?

So could you please stop posting dumps and bug reports into this thread and use either the CIT or the Beta Testing Forum?

When reporting CTDs please always use the latest BETA: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

The BETA patch installs as mod (thus can always be reverted) and is multiplayer compatible.

read it, it said this is where we post such information. sigh why must it be so difficult to get information to or a response from fuggin videogame developers. so many of them are bad businesses. they should be taking all customers accounts into consideration. Otherwise they should be losing business. I've already stopped buying from a company called egosoft because of their horrible customer service and poor programming. Videogames are a hobby for me, not my life. The fact that I have to do so much configuration to get a game to run properly these days is why the PC gaming industry is dieing and why people in BI and Egosoft and all these lesser known devs should be fearing for their jobs.

anyway, i get stuttery play on a +recommended spec system(unacceptable behavior), sometimes after an unpredictable amount of gameplay on scenarios like bear rising or whatever the name is, i get long duration freezes and then sometimes crash to black or total freeze... not so much to desktop. also the panning smoothness isnt acceptable near forests. i cant finetune an aim at a camoflaged opposition in a forest if my crosshair is skipping meters on a backdrop 70 meters away.

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=ArmA_2.rar

HEY THERE! :) (CHEDDAR FRAN!) AMERICA HAS MoRE CRASHES FOR YOU! ACCEPT THESE ON BEHALF OF THE RHONDA WAGON! HAPPENING ALL OVER THE LAND OF CHERNARUSSSSSSIA AFTER MINUTES OF GAMEPLAY WANDERING! NO FUN!

http://rapidshare.de/files/48797772/arma2.zip.html

=================================

LOL, I JUST RECIEVED AN INFRACTION FOR WRITING IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! wow, what has the world been coming to when people can create such a stupidly strong connection as capital letters being the equivelant to yelling? that is one more dumb thing existing on this planet. it's text! get your head examined! I'm guessing it's more of a moderator power trip against me, hope it gave their mind a sense of meaning in this existence. One less related pool of blood and brain matter for someone to clean up! Anyway I edited my original post to be compliant with the insecure control policy of the forums! Enjoy!

Edited by DarkestKnight

I've replayed the manhattan campaign a number of times because bugs have prevented me from completing it. I just applied patch 1.5 and am almost done, just reporting to Shaftoe after destroying main base. When I approach him he says one sentence then dies. When I try to reload saved games he appears to be retroactively dead. I have to go back to the last autosave to get him back but he just ends up dying again anyway. I'm stuck. I can't go forward and I am not going to replay the mission yet again. We need a way to resurrect key NPCs when, for no fault of our own, they seem to die from Aneurysms or SIDS. Oblivion has a command line utility. Is there a bit I can flip in some config file?

COIN bug with creating-deleting it.

game ver.: 1.05.62017

mission: http://narod.ru/disk/16319663000/mcti_r0.Chernarus.rar.html

(enter antibot code and press green button with word "Ñкачать" on it)

how to get bug: Play as 1st russian unit from top (commander) and enter and then leave MHQ (it will delete and re-init COIN) and then use build menu. it will hang the game.

.rpt has following:

Unsupported language Russian in stringtable

Error in expression <es = _cashValues + [call compile _x];

} foreach _funds;

_cashValuesOld = _logic >

Error position: <foreach _funds;

_cashValuesOld = _logic >

Error foreach: Тип ПоÑледовательноÑÑ‚ÑŒ, ожидаетÑÑ ÐœÐ½Ð¾Ð¶ÐµÑтво

File ca\modules\coin\data\scripts\coin_interface.sqf, line 721

Creating debriefing

the most interesting facts:

1. yesterday i was able to build and then enter/leave MHQ and thus deleting/creating COIN, but today it crashes after first MHQ GetOut EH.

2. A forum member helped me with COIN, he sent me his small mission to run it (not this mission), he showed video of it, where his COIN was re-initialized after death by grenade. I ran same mission, but COIN hasn't reinitialized ! Very strange !

---------- Post added at 16:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

If I re-init COIN witout parameters (default ones), bug doesn't happen

// mca_hq_coin_init.sqf
// version 1.0

// EH RU MHQ
RU_MHQ addEventHandler ["GetOut", 
{
//[] execVM "mca_coin_ru_init.sqf"; 
"ConstructionManager" createUnit [ getPos RU_MHQ, group_RU_MHQ, "COIN_RU_MHQ = this;"]; //alt
COIN_RU_MHQ synchronizeObjectsAdd [RU_player_1]; //alt
"respawn_east" setMarkerPos  getPos RU_MHQ; 
publicVariable "RU_MHQ"
}];
RU_MHQ addEventHandler ["Killed", {deleteVehicle COIN_RU_MHQ; "respawn_east" setMarkerPos  getPos RU_MHQ; publicVariable "RU_MHQ"}];
RU_MHQ addEventHandler ["GetIn", {deleteVehicle COIN_RU_MHQ}];

// EH US MHQ
US_MHQ addEventHandler ["GetOut", {[] execVM "mca_coin_us_init.sqf"; "respawn_west" setMarkerPos  getPos US_MHQ; publicVariable "US_MHQ"}];
US_MHQ addEventHandler ["Killed", {deleteVehicle COIN_US_MHQ; "respawn_west" setMarkerPos  getPos US_MHQ; publicVariable "US_MHQ"}];
US_MHQ addEventHandler ["GetIn", {deleteVehicle COIN_US_MHQ}];

(here, instead of init-file call i create only a COIN and synconize it, without parameters for COIN, so that means that bug appears somewhere when I set COIN's parameters, I guess)

---------- Post added at 16:22 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

If I replace

[] execVM "mca_coin_ru_init.sqf";
with all commands from file "mca_coin_ru_init.sqf" , it works witout bug... Edited by McArcher

Sooner or later, mostly after like 30 mins - 3 hours of gameplay, the game crashes. Sometimes its a simple CTD with the arma.exe staying in the process manager. And sometimes the picture just vanishes, desktop appears, arma.exe still running but I can still switch tasks to it and can still hear everything thats going on but I dont get any picture (desktop stays). I could even still hear my gun in the tank fire when i pressed the mouse button.

What it noticed is that it seems to happen far quicker if the viewing distance is higher. If I run 10km it will happen very quickly, but when I use 3km, it will take at least 1 hour for it to crash.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yzemzwmummm

Edited by Muscular Beaver

This is the message I get when trying to start Arma2 after the new patch 1.05, before that the game was working normaly. Tryed everything I could find on the forums.

Here are the file you are requesting.

http://www.easy-share.com/1909744024/arma2.bidmp

http://www.easy-share.com/1909744029/arma2.mdmp

http://www.easy-share.com/1909744030/arma2.RPT

Please help me,

Jonathan

I have the same problem, Crash To Desktop (CTD)

in MP CTI (warfare) ARMA2.exe process reach to 1 mb.

Nothing to do???

where is the solution???

I wish some one could make a mod that switch's out the tree that causes lag,and make the grass half as high.

Edit: Problems solved. Disabled all audio devices except for my onboard audio - everything works fine now!

After the splash screens are finished loading, OA and ArmA2 arrive at the menu screen and promptly crash.

My system (I know, its time for some upgrades):

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+

2 gigs of Ram

Radeon 3850 1gig and the latest drivers

Win 7 - 32 bit

http://rapidshare.com/files/405573736/OACrash.rar

The RPT file mention the following:

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 005010EE

graphics: D3D9, Device: ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series, Driver:aticfx32.dll 8.17.10.29

and

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

Error: sample ca\music_e\ep1_track04_arrival.ogg with unsupported sample frequency: 44100

Error: sample ca\sounds_e\air_e\uh1h\uh1h_engine_ext_2.wss with unsupported sample frequency: 44100

Error: sample ca\sounds_e\air_e\uh1h\uh1h_rotor_ext_1.wss with unsupported sample frequency: 44100

Error: sample ca\dubbingradio_e\radio\male01tk\default\move.ogg with unsupported sample frequency: 44100

Error: sample ca\dubbingradio_e\radio\male03tk\default\move.ogg with unsupported sample frequency: 44100

Error: sample ca\dubbingradio_e\radio\male01tk\default\numbers\zero.ogg with unsupported sample frequency: 44100

Error: sample ca\dubbingradio_e\radio\male03tk\default\numbers\zero.ogg with unsupported sample frequency: 44100

Edited by qrtrpndr
Problem solved

Shuting down Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA

http://ulozto.net/5310529/arma2.rar

The only bug I have seen is the “muzzle flash†3D modal/texture for the small MG on the LAV-25 and the main (only) guns on the ZU-23 is sometimes staying in place after firing (firing agene doesn’t remove it) and the 3D modal/texture is still semi-transparent but its NOT a bright texture like when firing but dull.

Hello. I have spend half an hour looking for a place where I can report errors and I am completely lost.

I suggest you publish errors that happen frequently in a frequently error database with a logical structure, so people like me who have a problem can find it quickly.

My ARMA2 crashes when I want to start single player and I can not find this error anywhere. Also not in the error tracker.

I wanted to attach the files in this post, but I can't......... how do I give you my bidmp, RPT and mdmp files???.

Pleas tell me what is wrong.

regards,

Hans

Edited by hansham