Sign in to follow this  
Alex72

Hi-Command (How to do it)

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give you a pointer to how to activate the Hi-Command function.

-Add a unit (yourself) onto the map.

-Add the Hi-Commander logic plus the Sub-Commander logic onto the map. Dont group them with anything (if they auto group - choose GROUP and drag the line off).

-Now start add groups, helicopters and whatever you want onto the map.

When you go into the game and press left CTRL+SPACE you get the Hi-Command menu up and you can start ordering everyone and everything around. Go to map view and choose one of the groups or vehicle and click somewhere and you set a waypoint and they start moving. Hold CTRL and click and you can add more waypoints. Hover mouse over a waypoint and rightclick opens a menu where you can do a lot of things. Make them wait for a certain time. Go into danger mode. Get into a vehicle. Crawl. run and much more. Im not sure the sub-command logic needs to be there though, but this is what my friend did and it worked perfectlly. Not sure about if grouping/un-grouping have an effect either, but thats how he did it.

Hi-Command is a very very cool feature. :)

Regards

Alex

Yeah no doubt it's a cool feature. It makes the game a whole lot more fun for me in SP. And I gotta say, the A2 AI is pretty good at moving where I want them to go. Not too much screwing around on their part, the use cover concealment to get there as well. :)

Moving to Mission Editing.

Is it possible to make this High Command module works, but for multiplayer, I saw few threads talking about that but without solution.

Ex: for opsite sides, if I choose RED I have command module in game, but my oponent on BLUE dont have that, and vice versa.

I tryed to synchronise two modules with both Playable units in editor, but it doesn't work.

Is that some unsolved issue, bug, or my lack of editing knowledge :)

I tried every option I found on internet, but I simply can't enable two opposite high commanders on multiplayer lan game.

Here is attached my simple template file on which I tried to make this HC module to work

http://depositfiles.com/files/0mrhs30bh

So is there anybody be polite and open it, and say to me where am I making mistake.

Thanks.

Edited by Propuh