Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

Bullet Stray

How come the AI can shoot so straight but I can't?? Do they not have motion blur/head bobble on? It's a real challenge trying to actually hit them, bullets seem to stray off waay too far i think, it's acceptable for bullet stray with MG, but when I'm taking single shots with an M16, they shouldn't stray off that far. What do you guys think.

If you're serious about your bullets straying off even when you're aiming right at the enemies, something must have triggered FADE, a game degradation effect for illegal copies.

game degradation effect for illegal copies.

Indeed.

Sure you're running a legitimate version of the game?

Well, i sure have problems with it to from time to time and yes i do have a legit copy of the game bought from Metabolic. I do use the english translated files but those shouldn't trigger FADE. Personally i don't like protections like FADE because they tend to screw things up even for legit game owners.

Well, i DO have a legit copy, could it be the fact that I'm running a language "patch". I couldn't play it in german lol. Maybe I should try a clean install?

Edited by Nicholas

once in ARMA, before the noCD patch, I used a crack exe version. that also will trigger fade. and the tell-tale of FADE has been triggered is the insane bullet dispersion

that was my experience with FADE in ARMA1

Like, my bullet stray isnt like terrible, but like Raggz says, it seems to come and go, and it's making me mad.

How do you use language "patches"? Replacing existing PBOs?

If so, maybe try using them "the mod way" : create a ArmA2 subfolder, name it "en", create a subfolder inside it named "Dta", place your pbos there, and create an ArmA2 shortcut with an additive "-mod=en" at the end. Put back in place the original PBOs in their originale place.

Hmm i will definatly try that. Thanks for the tip :)

Yeah same, installing the 1.01 patch now, gonna do that real quick and see if it works.

Also, if you overwrote the original german language files, make sure to put the backups back.

You made backups, right? ;)

Ok, i guess this seems to have worked. Now i gotta get back to playing :P

yep, using them as a mod seems to work fine. Have to test a little more before i can be 100% sure.

Please report back to confirm it works, I think many people will have this issue

Just tested this, shooting targets over 100 meters away is pointless if you are wounded. I would say max range 70 meters.

The bullet spread is way too big for Ak's and other weapons. I hope BI will fix it in the next patch!

Take a look at this thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73422

Make sure you got a legal copy, there is an ingame protection called FADE which does it, it happend to me yet I have a legal copy. Are you by chance using a language patch? Try reinstalling, and putting the patch into a separate "Mod" folder. It happend to me after I updated the game with my language "Patch" pbo files still in the game directory. Or is it only like that for you if your wounded?

Edited by Nicholas

I think FADE has been triggered... first question ppl would ask is: do you have a legit copy of the game?

if you have a legit copy, then maybe you installed a no dvd crack of some kind. that would trigger fade also, so place back the original exe and play with dvd in your drive.

then, some ppl theorize that maybe using the unofficial english language patch might trigger FADE also

Is the floating zone thing still in? Could that be causing it?

That does sound like FADE doing its thing. Buy the game and you will avoid these problems.

Edited by sparks50

Well, the OP said he found there was less accuracy when wounded. When you are wounded, you will be a lot shakier from the trauma, so it's obvious that you're going to have more spread, and thus less accuracy. And AK's are going to have large spread because they are infamous for their inaccuracy.

Just tested this, shooting targets over 100 meters away is pointless if you are wounded. I would say max range 70 meters.
Do you believe that somebody should be able to accurately put a rifle round on target 100 meters away after being shot in the arm?

What about doing the 100m dash with a broken femur?

And AK's are going to have large spread because they are infamous for their inaccuracy.

I don't want to start a debate here, but that is just false.

And yeah OP if you are wounded you can't shoot effectively.

im hoping that in arma2 the weapons arent as accurate as in arma1, cause they were ridiculously good in arma1 :P (thank god ace came along).

The bullet spread is way too big for Ak's and other weapons. I hope BI will fix it in the next patch!

Is the weapon inaccurate or are you inaccurate?

I don't want to start a debate here, but that is just false.

I fail to see how it's false, AK's are widely known as being inaccurate, especially in comparison to weapons such as the M16.