Sign in to follow this  
Raptor

High Command Module

Anyone know if the HC Module works in MP with two commanders on each side (BLUFOR and OPFOR)?

Anyone know if the HC Module works in MP with two commanders on each side (BLUFOR and OPFOR)?

I dont see why it shouldnt. The BIS high command reference states:

Every "High Command - Commander" logic is named 'BIS_HC_#', where # is ID starting from 0.

Presumably having numbered ids mean multiple instances, heh.

Tested it on a Dedicated server with a friend and it worked! He was a commander of the Resistance and he could give orders to his troops. I could do the same to my Blufor soldiers. :)

SpecOps is working on a Dedicated Server too now :D He got missions and I got missions. :D

I know that I've asked this somewhere before,

Is there a way to name sub groups so that they are quickly identifiable in the map or the regular game screen? Here comes a tank platoon, and which squad had that Javelin again?

are subcommanders still bugged or if a company commander orders a platoon commander to attack a village, will he do it (unretardedly)

One problem I've been having with the High Command module arises from creating playable units in charge of subordinate groups.

Is there a way to reliably team switch from the commander to a playable leader of a subordinate group, and then back again, and continue to issue commands to the group containing the playable man?

Take, for example, the following setup:

(Squad Leader + Fireteam)
   PLAYER AS LEADER
             |
    [HC:C Module]
             |
    [HC:SUB Module]
   /                      \
(Sniper Team)       (Sniper Team)
PLAYABLE LEADER   PLAYABLE LEADER 

(other groups omitted to save space)

Now, this gives me (the squad leader) precise control over the members of my fire team, and as long as I remain as the squad leader I can order around my sniper teams however I want using the High Command interface.

At any time I can also switch to one of the snipers to personally control him. The problem is that once I have done this, and then switch back to the commander, the sniper team no longer follows my orders. The waypoint will show up on the map, but the team will not move to it. Members of the team other than the leader will move so that the group formation faces the next waypoint, but they will not break formation to go there, and the leader stands perfectly still.

There is one thing I have to add to this which may help clarify what is going on here. When i set the "chainofcommand" variable on the HC:C module to TRUE, then the group members (NOT the leader) WILL continue to follow waypoints that I assign. The leader who I had controlled still will not move, however, and the group icon in the HUD/Map remains centered on the leader with no indication that my orders are being carried out by his subordinates.

Edited by dwringer

How do I delay modules? That they woud be activated by trigger.

One problem I've been having with the High Command module arises from creating playable units in charge of subordinate groups.

Is there a way to reliably team switch from the commander to a playable leader of a subordinate group, and then back again, and continue to issue commands to the group containing the playable man?

Same problem here, I'm afraid. I would like to see a solution for this one. Also, it would be nice to be able to set teams within a squad, leave, and come back and find the team structure still in place. As it stands, leaving and returning causes the organization to return to its default.

hmmm....is it a good idea to put just the hc-commander module on map without sync?I tried,I can use the hc but I am not satisfied...

Aelin, the problem there is that ALL of your units will be commandable. If that is what you want, it is not such a problem, but if you want to say control only one platoon out of a single company, that method is not going to work.

yes but I want to give more orders to my groups:board,unboard,parachuting,etc...

also I see many commands turned off

Help? i'm doing exactly whats said i syncing a company command to the High command - commander module while platoon leader to a subordinate module, then a second commander module to the platoon leader and sync it up with a second subordinate module for the squad leaders. but for what ever reason the game refuses to recognize that i put a subordinate module in there and lets the company commander command all groups instead of just the platoon leaders

I am using the High Command module and I have 3 fireteams synchronized to one High Command- subordinate game logic

arma22009-12-2623-24-14-96.jpg

Is it possible to combine them into one squad (for movement in a squad formation) like this

arma22009-12-2703-54-15-95.jpg

and then to un-combine them back into their fireteams?

I know that this is possible, because Chain Of Command had a command engine for ArmA1 that would give you control like this. Also they had some really 'realistic' formations. Anyone have any suggestions?

I am using this to combine all 3 teams into one group

_pos = position SPT_R2

_posX = _pos select 0

_posY = _pos select 1

_posZ = _pos select 2

_wp1SPT_TWO = SPT_TWO addWaypoint [position SPT_R2, 0]

[sPT_TWO, 1] setWPPos position SPT_R2

[sPT_TWO, 1] setWaypointType "MOVE"

[sPT_TWO, 1] setWaypointSpeed "FULL"

[sPT_TWO, 1] setWaypointFormation "STAG COLUMN"

_wp1SPT_ONE = SPT_ONE addWaypoint [position SPT_R2, 0]

[sPT_ONE, 1] setWPPos position SPT_R2

[sPT_ONE, 1] setWaypointType "JOIN"

[sPT_ONE, 1] setWaypointSpeed "FULL"

[sPT_ONE, 1] setWaypointFormation "STAG COLUMN"

[sPT_ONE, 1] synchronizeWaypoint [ [sPT_TWO, 1] ]

_wp1SPT_THREE = SPT_THREE addWaypoint [position SPT_R1, 0]

[sPT_THREE, 1] setWPPos position SPT_R1

[sPT_THREE, 1] setWaypointType "JOIN"

[sPT_THREE, 1] setWaypointSpeed "FULL"

[sPT_THREE, 1] setWaypointFormation "STAG COLUMN"

[sPT_THREE, 1] synchronizeWaypoint [ [sPT_TWO, 1] ]

Edited by Meatball0311

Use

[unit_name] join unit_leader_name
to have the units join a leader. Then use
player hcSetGroup [groupname]
to have that group join the player's command. There might be an easier way.

I have not had a chance to check out this code ( I believe I have already tried that) but I dont think that it will work. You see I am trying to create a group out of a group. Lets say you have a group consisting of group1 = unit1, unit2, unit3, unit4. I want to make another group with units unit3, unit4 (group2 = unit3, unit4)

How would I remove unit3, unit4 from group1? and then make them into group2?

I believe I may have figured out how to combine your High Command-subordinate groups into one subordinate group so you can move them as one group in a squad staggard column. Then the ability to seperate them back into their own original subordinate groups.

I created two "addActions"... one named "FORM SQUAD" and the other one "FORM TEAMS"

My first script which is named "High_Command\squad.sqs" is this:

; ; ****************************************************************

; Script file for Armed Assault

; Created by: Meatball0311

; [this] exec "High_Command\squad.sqs"

; This is nearly perfect except the fact that I want to add more detail to it

; however this will do the job of combining the 3 subordinate fireteams into one

; squad.

; SPT_Actual addAction ["FORM SQUAD", "High_Command\squad.sqs"]

; ****************************************************************

; creating waypoints for the three groups

;"MOVE" waypoint for group SPT_TWO which will be the 1st fireteam in the squad formation.

_wp1SPT_TWO = SPT_TWO addWaypoint [position SPT_R2, 0]

[sPT_TWO, 1] setWPPos position SPT_R2

[sPT_TWO, 1] setWaypointType "MOVE"

[sPT_TWO, 1] setWaypointSpeed "FULL"

[sPT_TWO, 1] setWaypointFormation "STAG COLUMN"

;"JOIN" waypoint for group SPT_ONE which will be the middle fireteam in the squad formation.

_wp1SPT_ONE = SPT_ONE addWaypoint [position SPT_R2, 0]

[sPT_ONE, 1] setWPPos position SPT_R2

[sPT_ONE, 1] setWaypointType "JOIN"

[sPT_ONE, 1] setWaypointSpeed "FULL"

[sPT_ONE, 1] setWaypointFormation "STAG COLUMN"

;Synchronizing SPT_ONE "JOIN" waypoint to SPT_TWO "MOVE" waypoint.

[sPT_ONE, 1] synchronizeWaypoint [ [sPT_TWO, 1] ]

;"JOIN" waypoint for group SPT_THREE which will be the rear fireteam in squad formation.

_wp1SPT_THREE = SPT_THREE addWaypoint [position SPT_R1, 0]

[sPT_THREE, 1] setWPPos position SPT_R1

[sPT_THREE, 1] setWaypointType "JOIN"

[sPT_THREE, 1] setWaypointSpeed "FULL"

[sPT_THREE, 1] setWaypointFormation "STAG COLUMN"

;Synchronizing SPT_THREE "JOIN" waypoint to SPT_TWO "MOVE" waypoint.

[sPT_THREE, 1] synchronizeWaypoint [ [sPT_TWO, 1] ]

then this is to seperate back into original 3 subordinate fireteams

; Script file for Armed Assault 2

; Created by: Meatball0311

;SPT_Actual addAction ["FORM SQUAD", "High_Command\teams.sqs"]

;This will break the squad down to original 3 subordinate fireteams

SPT_Actual hcRemoveGroup SPT_TWO

SPT_ONE = createGroup West

SPT_ONE selectLeader SPT_R1

[sPT_R1] join SPT_ONE

[sPT_AR1] join SPT_R1

[sPT_TL1] join SPT_R1

[sPT_AA1] join SPT_R1

SPT_Actual hcSetGroup [sPT_ONE]

SPT_TWO = createGroup West

SPT_TWO selectLeader SPT_R2

[sPT_R2] join SPT_TWO

[sPT_AR2] join SPT_R2

[sPT_TL2] join SPT_R2

[sPT_AA2] join SPT_R2

SPT_Actual hcSetGroup [sPT_TWO]

SPT_THREE = createGroup West

SPT_THREE selectLeader SPT_SR3

[sPT_SR3] join SPT_THREE

[sPT_AG3] join SPT_SR3

[sPT_MG3] join SPT_SR3

[sPT_SAR3] join SPT_SR3

SPT_Actual hcSetGroup [sPT_THREE]

These scripts will do the job, however I personally would like to add a few more things to them. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks for your time!

Is there a way to set it so that if the commander dies, then the commander role goes to the next guy in his immediate squad? I have a team with the leader (the commander), being the player, and then the rest are playable. I want to make it so that if the commander dies then the next guy gets to take over. That possible?

Is there a way to set it so that if the commander dies, then the commander role goes to the next guy in his immediate squad? I have a team with the leader (the commander), being the player, and then the rest are playable. I want to make it so that if the commander dies then the next guy gets to take over. That possible?

I guess maybe you can addAction to whatever unit you would like to also have the action to use the scripts.

I basically have in the init.sqs file

UNITNAME addAction ["FORM SQUAD", "nameofscript.sqs"]

havent tried, but maybe I imagine you can put:

player addAction ["FORM SQUAD", "nameofscript.sqs"]

and that would add it to whatever unit you are? I am not a wizard at script writing, kinda learning atm.:o

This sounds really cool, Meatball0311. Any chance you could post a simple examplemission because I cant get it to work for the life of me :)

This sounds really cool, Meatball0311. Any chance you could post a simple examplemission because I cant get it to work for the life of me :)

TEST MISSION OF MY FORM SQUAD, FORM TEAMS, CORPSMAN scripts to be used with High Command module

This is basically modeled after a typical Marine Rifle Squad with one corpsman. Let me know what you think

I updated and made scripts to .sqf

http://www.filefront.com/15245297/Camp%2520Smedley%2520Butler%2520-%2520TEST.utes.zip

Edited by Meatball0311

thanks, downloaded it and will try it out in a couple of hours. ill give some feedback later.

thanks, downloaded it and will try it out in a couple of hours. ill give some feedback later.

Please do:yay: