Sign in to follow this  
gonza

HALO, how to add it ?

Hi,

I can't find this script

ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO.sqs

Please anybody can help me. Thx.

That script is buried in a pbo file, air2.pbo in your arma2/addons folder. The game will find it and use it if you call it as described in the thread.

That script is buried in a pbo file, air2.pbo in your arma2/addons folder. The game will find it and use it if you call it as described in the thread.

Thank you very much.

I can't figure how to get HALO_init.sqs to work, neither can a friend of mine. We both purchased and downloaded off of Steam and when we seek to use the

this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1,(getpos this select 2) +2000]; this flyinheight 2000; this setvelocity [0,0,0]; [this] exec "ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO_init.sqs ";

and test the mission it gives us a message saying that the script was missing... specifically ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO_init.sqs

Can anyone PLEASE help me? I'm getting a few other errors in game as well, like files missing. Thoughts anyone Please!

All you need is this:

[this, 2000] exec "ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO_init.sqs";

On the forums here you had a space at the end of sqs, you don't have that in your code do you?

I believe that i did have the space but i don't believe that it makes a difference... I will try and get back to you. Assuming that the space is NOT an issue, any thoughts on what i may have to do? Will it be probably only solved by buying a hard copy? I have redownloaded the game from steam 3 times but still nothing.

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Thank you, turns out it was that space that i hadn't noticed... Guy who gave me it didn't say anything about erasing the space or anything... Boy do i feel stupid. Thank you!

Try it this way, create a init.sqf in the mission folder which contains this:

[] execVM "bla.sqf";

And put this into the bla.sqf

while {true} do {

waitUntil {!alive player};

_p = player;

waitUntil {alive player};

_p = player;

_p exec "ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO_getout.sqs";

};

Does the init.sqf still need respawn and delay variables and the respawn_west or/and marker in the mission?

Yes, it does work great! However, is there a way to make it so you can HALO after you respawn. Using the method Junker posted works great initially, but if you respawn and want to HALO or HAHO again, it doesn't work. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Monty

Originally Posted by Icewindo

Try it this way, create a init.sqf in the mission folder which contains this:

[] execVM "bla.sqf";

And put this into the bla.sqf

while {true} do {

waitUntil {!alive player};

_p = player;

waitUntil {alive player};

_p = player;

_p exec "ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO_getout.sqs";

};

It doesn't work ... any idea !???

After respawn, my soldier have a standard parachute and not a HALO parachute !!!

Is this HALO the thing that allows you to freefall before opening chute, and then allowing you to control you chute?

Is this HALO the thing that allows you to freefall before opening chute, and then allowing you to control you chute?

You're right.

It doesn't work ... any idea !???

After respawn, my soldier have a standard parachute and not a HALO parachute !!!

Change HALO_getout.sqs to HALO_init.sqs. I think that was the right one.

Change HALO_getout.sqs to HALO_init.sqs. I think that was the right one.

Sorry but it doesn't work.

with HALO_init my soldier is dead when he spawn for the first time on the island utes and then he have not the HALO parachute. I see on my hold body "open parachute".

I tried with HALO.sqs but it's the same thing.

The only one is HALO_getout.sqs. it works once and then i getout with a standard parachute !

How can i do to have for all jump a HALO parachute ?

PS : Sorry for my poor english, I'm french !

Whem i land with HALO on a roof, my soldier appear at the ground-floor of the building !!!!!

Is it a bug ???

I'm assuming there must be something that only allows you to land on the ground. This is probably some sort of bug or limitations but I really have no idea. Just assuming here. I've never tried it before but it sure would be nice to be able to land on a building top in some instances. Are you only trying it via HALO or have you tried it with a steerable chute and just doing a normal jump?

I'm assuming there must be something that only allows you to land on the ground. This is probably some sort of bug or limitations but I really have no idea. Just assuming here. I've never tried it before but it sure would be nice to be able to land on a building top in some instances. Are you only trying it via HALO or have you tried it with a steerable chute and just doing a normal jump?

I put this line in the unit's init

ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO_getout.sqs

how can i have a steerable chute without HALO parachute ?

Not too sure to be honest. Maybe it's only available via HALO jumps. There was a thread a while back that asked about adding the steerable chute but a search didn't bring it up. I just tried a HALO jump and had the same thing occur when I landed on a building top. That blows. Hopefully someone knows of a fix.

in HALO.sqs there is :

BIS_HALO_unit_dir = 0

BIS_HALO_unit_speed = 50

BIS_HALO_turnR = 0

How can i do to have the unit dir of the player when he was in the plane and not North direction ( 0 ) ???

in HALO.sqs there is :

BIS_HALO_unit_dir = 0

BIS_HALO_unit_speed = 50

BIS_HALO_turnR = 0

How can i do to have the unit dir of the player when he was in the plane and not North direction ( 0 ) ???

Maybe vectorDir? Otherwise I don't think it is possible.

Maybe vectorDir? Otherwise I don't think it is possible.

_HALOunit = _this select 0

BIS_HALO_unit_dir = 0

BIS_HALO_unit_speed = 50

BIS_HALO_turnR = 0

I try with getDir but I don't find the right object ?!

I would like to put :

BIS_HALO_unit_dir = getDir Object

But with object = _HALOunit or _this select 1 it doesn't work ...

Any idea ???

Not too sure to be honest. Maybe it's only available via HALO jumps. There was a thread a while back that asked about adding the steerable chute but a search didn't bring it up. I just tried a HALO jump and had the same thing occur when I landed on a building top. That blows. Hopefully someone knows of a fix.

I tried this too with similar results. I've had similar issues with trying to start aboard the USS Khe San on Utes map. I end up in the water rather than on the deck. (At least, it seems similar).

For the people who were having trouble with the HALO drop and getting stuck in chutes, I had this happen when I was dropping into a clearing at a steep angle on a hill near a hilltop objective.

I was then being dragged while still in the chute (which I thought of as a cool manifestation of actual parachute physics, rather than a bug) until I *ejected* from my chute, then I was fine and ready to move normally.

I sort of look at this as 'the chute is still full of air and dragging you and you need to cut away'. So try EJECT next time you get stuck like this.

And retroactively, thanks to Norris for the good directions on doing a helo extraction!

as for being placed on the ground when landing on a building, it's not a bug, at least not with the halo scripts. It is actually scripted in. Problem is with the building. The top of the building is getpos select 2 <= 1 but when the script ejects you from the chute it setpos's you on the ground. Near as I can figure the script get confused as to where getpos select 2 actually is.

As for which speed and direction you are facing in freefall and once you open the chute, I had to extract the scripts and modify them

top of halo.sqs for the freefall

BIS_HALO_unit_dir = direction _halounit
BIS_HALO_unit_speed = 0
BIS_HALO_turnR = 0

part of halo_parachute.sqs that affects when you 1st open the chute

_pos = [position _para_unit select 0, position _para_unit select 1, (position _para_unit select 2)]
_vehicle setPos _pos
_dir = direction _para_unit
_vehicle setdir _dir
_para_unit moveInGunner _vehicle
~0.001
_vehicle lock true

part of parachute.sqf that puts you on the ground I commented out the setpos

f ( position _chute select 2 <= 1 ) then
	{
           _para_unit action [ "eject", _chute];
           _chute animate [ "hide_chute", 1 ];
		deleteVehicle _chute;
		_para_unit setdammage 0;
		_para_unit setvelocity [0, 0, 0];  
		//_para_unit setpos [ getpos _para_unit select 0, getpos _para_unit select 1, getpos _para_unit select 2];  

hope this helps

So i give you what i tried and it works...

At the beginning of parachute.sqf

boucle = 0;

And when we look for the altitude

// On récupère la hauteur par rapport au décor en-dessous

hauteur_relative = position _chute select 2;

if ( hauteur_relative <= 1 ) then

{

// On récupère la hauteur par rapport au niveau de la mer

hauteur = getposASL _para_unit select 2;

_para_unit action [ "eject", _chute];

_chute animate [ "hide_chute", 1 ];

deleteVehicle _chute;

_para_unit setdammage 0;

_para_unit setvelocity [0, 0, 0];

// On positionne le joueur par rapport au niveau de la mer

_para_unit setPosASL [ getpos _para_unit select 0, getpos _para_unit select 1, hauteur-hauteur_relative ];

// On sort de la boucle principale

boucle = 1;

};

Now i want to add an action to remove the parachute so to fall again and to reopen a parachute

but when i add in parachute.sqf

_remove_parachute = _para_unit addAction ["Decrocher Parachute", "HALO_Scripts\Decroche_Parachute.sqs"]};

the steerablity is lost ... and i don't see the action on the screen and i can't make the action !

Have you any idea ???

will have to experiment with this. I gather what you want is while under a chute, cut it away, fall some more, then reopen another "reserve" chute?

without trying 1st, my try would be to call halo.sqs again from inside parachute.sqf . Give me a couple days and I'll see if I can hammer it out. Good idea by the way, never really considered using a reserve chute.

The teleport to ground level is solved by changing getPos to getPosATL.

BIS_HALO_unit_dir = direction _halounit

BIS_HALO_unit_speed = 0

BIS_HALO_turnR = 0

direction _halounit doesn't return the good direction. !!!!!!!

My heli fly with direction 359 seen on the screen. and direction _halounit give me 81.77 !!!!!!! On utes with MH60S

and on chernarus 229 give me 142.862 on Mi-17 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand why ???

it looks like it's different with the heli !

like the door on the MH60s is on the right and for the Mi-17 on the left !!!!

How can i have the direction before the jump ???

in HALO_getout.sqs we have

@ (typeOf (vehicle _HALOunit)) in ["ParachuteWest","ParachuteEast","ParachuteG","ParachuteC","Parachute","BIS_Steerable_Parachute"]

so we have to change it to have the direction of the heli before the jump !!!????

Any idea ???

Can we have a line like

@ (typeOfAction (_HAlounit) == "Eject") ?????

I would like to put

@ (currentTask (_HALOunit) == "Eject")

getDir (vehicle _HALOunit)

@ (typeOf (vehicle _HALOunit)) in ["ParachuteWest","ParachuteEast","ParachuteG","ParachuteC","Parachute","BIS_Steerable_Parachute"]

But the first line doesn't work !!!!!!!

Edited by MaveryQ

I have never used halo_getout.sqs so I really don't know the parameters for it. But what direction you are facing after you leave the aircraft most likely aircraft dependent. You seem to get out of different vehicles in different places. If it is that important to be facing the same direction as the aircraft after you get out then try BIS_HALO_unit_dir = direction name of aircraft.

When I get time I still intend to work on a reserve chute option.