Sign in to follow this  
blaunarwal

Tutorial - Basic Training Bug

Today I tried again to successfully go through the basic training. I tried it several times before, always failing somewhere or trying to do just the missing task, which regrettably does not work. ArmA II doesn't store the points completed successfully.

I was at "firing the tubes", when suddenly a civilian appeared on the range and shot me. I was then accused having fired at allies.

It takes some time to get there and after firing the anti tank weapons to conquer the village and successfully finish the training. So it's hard if someone just appeares and shots you down on the training range. I wonder if this mission has ever been tested before :confused: .What are civilians doing at the firing range?

Edited by Blaunarwal

Today I tried again to successfully go through the basic training. I tried it several times before, always failing somewhere or trying to do just the missing task, which regrettably does not work. ArmA II doesn't store the points completed successfully.

I was at "firing the tubes", when suddenly a civilian appeared on the range and shot me. I was then accused having fired at allies.

It takes some time to get there and after firing the anti tank weapons to conquer the village and successfully finish the training. So it's hard if someone just appeares and shots you down on the training range. I wonder if this mission has ever been tested before :confused: .What are civilians doing at the firing range?

That civilian was Jack Bauer. He likes shooting at the new recruits...

:D

Okay, in all seriousness:

Question #1: Have you patched the game to 1.01 (beta)?

Question #2: The armed civ was probably from the nearby MOUT training village. Did you perhaps fire in that direction or do anything else that could've caused one of those civs to come looking for you?

Yes, Jack Bauer ;-)

#1 yes, I have patched

#2 I made the mout village several times, but never saw civilians there and I was only firing at the tank targets, honestly.

I really don't know what went wrong. Even the captain was scared going prone.

Hmm never had that but for some reason i noticed that never get the sign for completing the VTOL trainig whatever i do.

I landed on the runway, i landed on the Khe San, i took out all targets and followed the given route, mission ends but isnt signed as "won"

Also in the Team traing i just once managed to get further than getting Sykes into the hummer and drive to the marker on the map but what then?

I know once i managed to get Rodriguz into the Hummer but after that things stopped to work as i got no new orders.

Each time i try again i follow the commands and as part of it let Sykes enter the Hummer and drive him to the point again but dont get any new orders from that point.

Game is freshly installed on a yesterday freshly installed Windows XP and has the beta patch added.

Hmm never had that but for some reason i noticed that never get the sign for completing the VTOL trainig whatever i do.

Try to do the following training mission (showing how to command a team). I did that without doing the VTOL training and suprisingly the VTOL was also checked as successful.

To the original poster,

I think the issue lies with a member of the MOUT course coming out and killing the friendly guys.

I can do the fitness,medical,firing,AT and then go to the MOUT course. Each time at the MOUT course. i am down to one guy. and everytime that one guy heads back to the area with the firing range, well away form the mission boundaries and starts shooting the people there.

I have played it through half a dozen times and it always seems to end the same. with the message of firing at allies.

does anyone else experience this ?

Arma2 patched to 1.01 beta

I got the patched game as well. Had teh same problem: I decided to do the at training first. After a short time, a guy opened fire at me and the other marine, finishing both of us (I never saw him). My guess is I drove too close to the village and "pulled" the "marine-training-rebels". Next time I avoided getting close to the village and then asked to do the village mission first. After several tries that all ended with me being dead, i decided to head to the lighthouse on the hill to snipe my enemies. So far so good, but after opening fire I "lost" because I attacked allies....

I managed ot finish the MOUT training by watching for that guy that tries t orun away, help if you save before :) Also, VTOL training was not marked, yet when i completed the mission it said succesfull.

Sometimes on the firing range, a mission would start, the guy says the mission is starting, then the mission starts again. So you have twice the targets popping up and two voices abusing you for not hitting them all. Same in basic and on the range on the ship.

I guess you'd have to drop the weapons from the shoting range somewhere before you enter the MOUT area. Bad thing then is that you don't have any guns and will likely be shot there....

in the MOUT section of basic training, the last remaining enemy was a 'warlord'. unlike the other enemies, he didn't respond at all. he just lay there prone as i danced around him. he didn't look or shoot at me. :confused:

everything else worked just fine in the training missions.

I had the same problem in DEMO. I got the original game now, patched to 1.04 and I will try training again.

I am newbie with ArmA II and encounter most of the problems described here in this basic mission. Like said by someone else already, after you tried long and get more and more accustomized to the game commands & behaviors, you really start to wonder if this mission Has ever be seriously tested once !!! :(

In addition of what is already described in this thread (which I have also encounter), I have the shooting monitor who start sometimes to become totally crazy. Suddenly, apparently without any reasons, he start to repeat endlessly the sentence said when you miss the test and propose, also endlessly, to start the exercice again, whatever you do in the meaning to try to stop him.

I have done and redone this mission, tried to overturn all these logic flawnesses, but it seem simply impossible to get success status (green dot) for it. Now I give up !!! :(

I am surprised that, after several patches, apparently still nothing has been done specifically for this very important part of the game, supposed to learn to you the basic's of the game. So, perhaps, it might be quite a good idea to make sure this part is working rock solid before anything else.

I really hope the rest of the game is not working the same.

ACS