I don't know a lot about this and that editing nonsense, but, I am sure, that after multiple times of redoing the file, that I just cannot be making the same mistake over and over. Sooo...

One of the class names must be wrong, or, as I mentioned earlier, there is a mistake in a cfg file in a pbo file. All I know is, I have spent hours and hours on something that is suppose to be simple... setting up BIS ACM settings, and spawn, no spawn factions/classes/functions.

As for the 'other' errors...

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

anyone know what that is about, and how I can correct it?

ASIDE...WARNING: To make matters much, much worse, earlier, I lost the entire contents of my My Documents folder. EVERYTHING! :mad:

I used 'ComboFix' a couple of months ago. OK. Earlier, I was doing, what should have just been simple routine computer maintenance. I came across the ComboFix.exe file. I went into Add Remove Programs to see if there was an uninstall entry. There was no option to do so. I decide just to delete the exe and the ComboFix associated files. Next thing I knew, all kinds of folders and files went missing. Even using expensive data recovery software that I purchased not too long ago, I could not recover even one single file or folder!!! I am thoroughly pissed!!! I lost a ton of stuff, and all of my recent OA editing and notes.

NEVER use ComboFix! I have used other 'methods' before that do the same thing, or better, (obviously), than ComboFix, and never had a single problem. Crappy ass software. The Dev's even knew of the prob, which was a bug, and did not even bother to send out emails to at least registered users of their forums. There was not even a 'stickie'. I found out today that the prob was months old, already. Man, sorry &)*^&^%%)&_)&)+^%&^%&!!!

Like I said, just a (serious) warning, to whomever.

Yeah there might really be something wrong with the ACM module in Arrowhead. As for the other 2 animation warnings. Guess nobody but BIS can fix that. That's their construction place. Both animations refer to the soldier sitting inside the UAZ, dead or alive.

Awww, is that how you do it? :butbut: Writing down and memorizing lines of code? I'd hoped it would be more user-friendly, seeing as the Editor was advertised as such. Like being able to select the options from a drop-down menu, or something...

QTF!

Glad to read that more share this opinion.

Awww, is that how you do it? :butbut: Writing down and memorizing lines of code? I'd hoped it would be more user-friendly, seeing as the Editor was advertised as such. Like being able to select the options from a drop-down menu, or something...

Its copy->pasting lines of code. If things like this would get buttons then the whole editor would be filled with millions of buttons. :p

For anyone who still can't get ACM to work:

Here is a very simple demo mission for the ACM. It was made on the demo version of OA using the script that was posted on this thread (I just changed the factions from "USMC" & "RUS" to "BIS_TK_INS" so it would work with OA). The init.sqf has been tweaked to only allow takistani militia at maximum intensity just to let you know it's working he he! (which can all be changed very easily, just read this thread if you don't know how).

It is very basic:

1x mission.sqm

1x init.sqf

1x named acm module (BIS_ACM) (synchronised to player)

1x USMC motorized infantry (player as team leader)

1x large elliptical marker (named: BIS_ACM_1)(this acts as a no spawn zone, units spawned by the ACM will not set waypoints here either (although their path may cross the area if waypoint is on other side))

If you want more no-spawn zones just add another marker named: BIS_ACM_2, BIS_ACM_3, etc. (do not skip numbers must be in succession)

To use in your own mission: Create mission, place player, save. Then copy the init.sqf to your mission folder. Load mission then create an ACM module in the name field type: BIS_ACM. Sync to the player, create no spawn zone marker if desired (create marker: rectangle or ellipse, adjust axis a & b to a decent size. Then name it: BIS_ACM_1).

RomeoSierra's ACM simple demo.

7-zip archive 1.34KB hosted on mediafire

MADE & TESTED ON OPERATION ARROWHEAD DEMO VERSION

:cc: ACM ROCKS :cc:

Edited by RomeoSierra
updated link

QTF!

Glad to read that more share this opinion.

Lots more. First thing that needs to be overhauled IMO.

For anyone who still can't get ACM to work:

There is no problem getting it to work, it's getting it to work RIGHT! (Maybe somehow you missed that. :p ) Anywho, I am sure 'someone' will appreciate your info, mission and time spent to help.

And about the editor... if a dummy like me can put together good missions, just using the mission editor, then there is nothing actually wrong with it, in the true sense. Yes, it could be better, but what in the hell couldn't be better?!?!

But, to be honest... well, I will leave that for the impression thread. ;)

There is no problem getting it to work, it's getting it to work RIGHT! (Maybe somehow you missed that. :p )

I didn't miss anything thanks. Well as I said above I only have the demo at the moment but when I used the ACM it did NOTHING (yes, I synchronised!).

Thankfully finding this thread let me experience ACM & I thought it might be helpful to make a demo for other non-whizz kid types like myself! he he. :rolleyes:

Edited by RomeoSierra

For everyone who are willing to try I created a tool -- World in Conflict Tool = WICT --- for developing missions that are free-roam and has dynamic battlefronts (dynamically created frontlines, flag capture etc.).

It is for SP/COOP/MP.

I thought I might post that here, because first time I mentioned I want to make a module, everyone said you have ACM.

I visited this thread (as I was told to do) and saw that people still can't get it to work and I swore to myself that when I finish it I will announce it here too.

It might need some testing and work around multiplayer, but it's a minor thing (in the process).

Just click on the image in my signature.

Cheers

Edited by ArmAIIholic

I'll check it out soon. (I'm still trying to get my mission sorted out. I'm about to give up.)

EDIT: HEY! What happened? :)

Edited by CyOp

Hi All,

I know how to work with ACM module but I want to activate ACM module by AI soldier when he see the player. Is there some way how to do it? This will simulate situation when AI soldier on guard will see the player and will call for specific or random back up.

Thank a lot for help

Hi All,

I know how to work with ACM module but I want to activate ACM module by AI soldier when he see the player. Is there some way how to do it? This will simulate situation when AI soldier on guard will see the player and will call for specific or random back up.

Thank a lot for help

I want to do something like this as well, but done through a trigger. Only problem is that as far as I've seen you cannot spawn in and synchronize the ACM more than a few seconds after the mission starts. I haven't tested it, but thats just what I read.

It is very basic:

1x mission.sqm

1x init.sqf

1x named acm module (BIS_ACM) (synchronised to player)

1x USMC motorized infantry (player as team leader)

1x large elliptical marker (named: BIS_ACM_1)(this acts as a no spawn zone, units spawned by the ACM will not set waypoints here either (although their path may cross the area if waypoint is on other side))

all this time all i had to do was name it!!! if had known that i would have atleast 2hours of my life back

Anyone know why two ACM's cannot both have a custom class database? Using one ACM it works fine, just spawning Taki militia. Put a second in with all the appropriate init.sql setup (including all renamed properly to BIS_ACM2) the second ACM continues spawning whatever the hell it wants :(

REQUEST: ACM script that spawns only enemy infantry?

I can't remember how i did it before as i had all my saved codes and scripts on my other PC.

So could anyone kindly show me how to or paste a script that makes ACM spawn insurgents, but only infantry?

@thedudesam

Place the ACM Module and name it ACM1, sync it to your group leader. Then place this into your init.sqf:

waitUntil {!isNil {ACM1 getVariable "initDone"}};
waitUntil {ACM1 getVariable "initDone"};

[1, ACM1] call BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc;
[ACM1, 400, 900] call BIS_ACM_setSpawnDistanceFunc;
[0, .4, ACM1] call BIS_ACM_setSkillFunc;
[0.4, 1, ACM1] call BIS_ACM_setAmmoFunc;
[["BIS_TK_INS"], ACM1] call BIS_ACM_setFactionsFunc;
["ground_patrol", 1, ACM1] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;
["air_patrol", 0, ACM1] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;
[ACM1, [
"TK_INS_Group",
"TK_INS_Patrol",
"TK_INS_AATeam",
"TK_INS_ATTeam"
]] call BIS_ACM_addGroupClassesFunc;

Edited by cobra4v320

I thought this was a thread about asking specific questions about ACM :D

It is, but you should ALWAYS search a thread first before posting, to make sure the same question has not already been asked and answered before.

@thedudesam

Place the ACM Module and name it ACM1, sync it to your group leader. Then place this into your init.sqf:

waitUntil {!isNil {ACM1 getVariable "initDone"}};
waitUntil {ACM1 getVariable "initDone"};

[1, ACM1] call BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc;
[ACM1, 400, 900] call BIS_ACM_setSpawnDistanceFunc;
[0, .4, ACM1] call BIS_ACM_setSkillFunc;
[0.4, 1, ACM1] call BIS_ACM_setAmmoFunc;
[["BIS_TK_INS"], ACM1] call BIS_ACM_setFactionsFunc;
["ground_patrol", 1, ACM1] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;
["air_patrol", 0, ACM1] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;
[ACM1, [
"TK_INS_Group",
"TK_INS_Patrol",
"TK_INS_AATeam",
"TK_INS_ATTeam"
]] call BIS_ACM_addGroupClassesFunc;

Thanks, but it don't seem to work.

I made an ACM module, named it ACM1 syncronized it to myself, saved the mission. Made an init.sqf in the mission folder, pasted the code you posted.

Went in game, ran around for about 10 minutes and i saw nothing, i know ACM like to take it's time to actually work but after about 20 minutes i gave up.

Edited by thedudesam

Syncing to ACM seems to cause Independent faction to be considered Hostile to Russia and vice versa no matter what the settings in Intel or Attempts to script it otherwise. Anyone else had this issue or is this a new one with the new patch? Messed around with the ACM before hand and don't remember ever having this issue (was it there before and i just dont remember?). I've tried everything I can think of to resolve this issue. If i unsync Player from the ACM and start mission it works fine though.

Edit** Workaround is simply apply faction relations AFTER ACM is initialized..

Edited by Servoinvicem

Anyone already figured out the BAF groupnames? I would really like to use them in ACM.

@thedudesam

Give yourself a group name something like: razor = group this. Place that into your players init line. Try playing on the desert map so you can see a wider area and you can also lower the spawn distances.

I noticed it says it has been known to fail on 0.7 and 0.8, so what does that mean exactly, we should not go lower or we should not go higher or we just should not use those settings?