hi everyone, after some time searching the forum, i have been unable to find how to activate the ACM module via a trigger when the player step in? Maybe ive missed something, can someone help me plz?

:confused:why no one put the collected informations in this thread into the first post???:confused:

Hi all,

Just need to reconfirm whether multiple groups created with 1 ACM module synch to the leader will produce each of it's random patrol/encounters? I read somewhere in this thread says it will but an earlier thread says it wont.

Also if it can be done... Does naming each of the ACM modules required? eg. BIS_ACM_1 with it's own's script under init tab such as:

waitUntil {!isNil {BIS_ACM getVariable "initDone"}};

waitUntil {BIS_ACM getVariable "initDone"};

//Sets frequency and number of patrols (0-1). BIS_ACM is module name

[1, BIS_ACM_1] call BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc;

//min max spawn distance

[BIS_ACM_1, 300, 600] call BIS_ACM_setSpawnDistanceFunc;

//factions to be spawned

[["GUE","RU"], BIS_ACM_1] call BIS_ACM_setFactionsFunc;

//Skill range for spawned units

[0.4, 0.8, BIS_ACM_1] call BIS_ACM_setSkillFunc;

//Amount of ammo spawned units possess

[0.4, 0.8, BIS_ACM_1] call BIS_ACM_setAmmoFunc;

//Type of patrol. With 0 meaning no chance of appearing, and 1 meaning 100% chance. -1 removes patrol type completely.

["ground_patrol", 1, BIS_ACM_1] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;

["air_patrol", 0, BIS_ACM_1] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;

Thanks for any help...:)

I would like an answer to the above too, or if not that, if there is a way to get multiple people in multiplayer to have the ambient combat module run on them... Specifically allowing them to respawn and continue to have the ACM generate combat around them.

Hey I have a question. I dont want my ACM to come up untill a certain trigger. So what should I use? How to I create the unit syncrhonize it to the player AND name it through syntax in a trigger? Thanks in advance guys!

you can set you ACM with [0, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc; earlier on, and then, in the trigger just set it back to '1' ([1, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc;)

I never tried it so if it doesn work, I'm sorry

I'm trying to understand, without much luck I might add, as to how to enable specific addons for ACM.

One post seemed to indicate that adding the class name into the;

//FACTIONS

//Pick from: "USMC", "CDF", "INS", "GUE", "Soviet Army [P'85]".

[["INS","RU", "CDF", "Soviet Army [P'85]"], BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setFactionsFunc;

would do the trick. But it doesn't.

Obviously, from what I have listed above, the addons I want to enable for ACM is the upcoming P' 85 addons. I've been toying with an early release version that Vila's sent me a few weeks back. Its the backbone for a campaign I am creating. I did send a PM to Vila's, but the guys busy enough without having to answer questions from me. So I hope, someone here can point me in the right direction.

Also, another post seemed to indicate that you have to change the config file in the CA folder. I don't have a CA folder other than one that I created for an island.

How can I best go about enabling P '85 units for ACM?

Thanks

Also, I am using the ACM template which I will show below.

//Make a script wait for the ACM to initialize.

//Sets frequency and number of patrols (values 0-1). BIS_ACM is module name.

[0.5, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc;

//spawn distance

[bIS_ACM, 100, 350] call BIS_ACM_setSpawnDistanceFunc;

//skill range

[0.1, 1, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setSkillFunc;

//ammo setup

[0.5, 0.8, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setAmmoFunc;

//FACTIONS

//Pick from: "USMC", "CDF", "INS", "GUE", "Soviet Army [P'85]".

[["INS","RU", "CDF", "Soviet Army [P'85]"], BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setFactionsFunc;

//Group Types

//You can pass both actual CfgGroups Config entries or class name Strings.

//[<ACM reference | Object>, <types | Array of Configs and / or Strings>] call BIS_ACM_addGroupClassesFunc;

//Passing an empty types Array will completely disable the custom database and switch back to the default.

//[<ACM reference | Object>, <types | Array of Configs and / or Strings>] call BIS_ACM_removeGroupClassesFunc;

//blackList area

//When passing Arrays, these should contain the top-left and bottom-right coordinates.

//[bIS_ACM, Staroye] call BIS_ACM_blacklistAreaFunc;

//patrol types -1 remove patrol

["ground_patrol", 1, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;

["air_patrol", 0.01, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;

Edited by Genpatton043
Additional Info

Does ACM turn off when the player respawns? It seems like it does..

Edited by spetsnazcu

When all units in the group die, the ACM will clean up and terminate.

Is there any workaround for this, since I want units to be able to respawn and still have ACM activated?

Is there any workaround for this, since I want units to be able to respawn and still have ACM activated?

I've been looking into this too, I have the ACm working nicely and really want to keep it in my mission. The only thing I can think of is to check for/recreate the ACM whenever the group leader spawns. Haven't tested this though so I don't know how it'd work. I'll see if I can figure something out and post it here if I find anything.

Sorry - haven't read the whole 26 pages of this. :)

I believe you can sync ACM to any object? Perhaps try syncing it to a civ (scripted so it doesn't die) or even an inanimate object? You could then move the object to where it needs to be for the gameplay.

Sorry - haven't read the whole 26 pages of this. :)

I believe you can sync ACM to any object? Perhaps try syncing it to a civ (scripted so it doesn't die) or even an inanimate object? You could then move the object to where it needs to be for the gameplay.

Well, I'd still like to find a solution to keep the ACM synced to a playable group, but thanks, your idea will work nicely for another mission I have in mind. :)

Since the problem is that the module terminates when all members of the group dies at once, perhaps we could group something to the player that never dies?

Since the problem is that the module terminates when all members of the group dies at once, perhaps we could group something to the player that never dies?

I wondered about that too - maybe a static artillery on the other side of the map or something? I'll give it a shot tonight and see how the ACM reacts - not sure if it spawns units based on the leader's location or the location of any group member.

Couldn't you just sync it to a higher ranking soldier that is grouped with the player-group and have him with 0% presence (or maybe even setCaptive)?

It probably spawns at the synced units position, so if you sync ACM to the player and group an artillery or an unit without presence to the player it might work!?

I won't have the time to test yet, but let us know how it turns out b00n!

It probably spawns at the synced units position, so if you sync ACM to the player and group an artillery or an unit without presence to the player it might work!?

I won't have the time to test yet, but let us know how it turns out b00n!

I can confirm that this works. :) Having an AI unit stuck in your group constantly asking for sitreps is a little annoying, though.

Couldn't you just sync it to a higher ranking soldier that is grouped with the player-group and have him with 0% presence (or maybe even setCaptive)?

This didn't work, I'm guessing that if the unit doesn't spawn it isn't counted as 'alive' and so the ACM ignores it when deciding when it should exit.

I also tried adding inanimate objects such as warfare buildings to the group to see if that would keep the ACM active, seems it does not.

Seems like a properly scripted solution to keep the ACM refreshed would still be the best option... only problem is, I think that even if you can recreate the ACM when the group leader respawns, it will be a different ACM instance and the old instance will still clean up and exit, despawning all units it has created. Not very pretty. :(

As suggested, syncing the ACM to a civ might also be a workaround but if you move far enough away from the civ I suspect you will see the units despawning as they move beyond the ACM's max range. :(

Just a note on that - you can also script the civ to not move (maybe even find cover first, then not move) - and add an eventhandler such that if he is damaged, his health is automatically restored.

Not the most elegant workaround, naturally.

Edit:

Just stumbled upon something, whilst looking for something else in the ACM scripts. You *may* be able to sync the ACM to a marker.

Edited by TRexian

Thanks for the info b00n!

We better find a way to group a unit to the player without having him as a commandable squad mate then....

edit: A crow perhaps? Atleast it won't request SITREP. Hehe.

for something else in the ACM scripts. You *may* be able to sync the ACM to a marker.

This sounds like something worth experimenting with!

Good find!

Would you have to make a new ACM module as a addon or could you keep that in your mission folder?

Cause I suppose that it wouldn't be too hard to find the script line that disables the ACM and remove that line.

Edited by bracer

Hi All,

As I am not very good with scripting, I wonder how to just modify the Ambiant combat module properties by adding commands in the "ini window" of the module you place on the map.

Can somebody post an example of "script" that can be used in the "ini window" of the module (and that works) rather than some complicated codes that need to be part of in a special file to add to the mission directory etc...

For example, how to modify a script like this to work in the 'ini window' of the module ?

[100, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc;

[["USMC"], BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setFactionsFunc;

[bIS_ACM, 1, 10] call BIS_ACM_setSpawnDistanceFunc;

["ground_patrol", 1, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;

["air_patrol", 0, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;

thank you all for your help !

anybody can help ?

I am sure there are some simple commands taht can be pasted in the ini window of the module allowing to modify simply the behavior of the ACM

Please help !

Hi guys,

I'm trying to remove some choppers from the ACM. This is the line I'm using but the choppers still show up. Can someone see the what I'm doing wrong? The ACM wiki doesn't have an example line unfortunately.

[bIS_ACM, "RU_Mi8Squadron", "RU_Mi24PSquadron",] call BIS_ACM_removeGroupClassesFunc;

Edit: Found it. Was missing some brackets. :)

[bIS_ACM, ["RU_Mi8Squadron", "RU_Mi24PSquadron"]] call BIS_ACM_removeGroupClassesFunc;

Edited by 11_HARLEY_11

Is there a way to know what setting are set on the ACM modules ? ( getvariable maybe?)

Is it possible to monitor the units being spawned by ACM ?