Is there a special way to set up this module or does it function like the Ambient Civillians module? If you just place it by its self nothing seems to happen.

Synchronise it to the player/squad leaser, then it should work. Same as with the ambient civilians modules.

Yes, you simply synchronize (F5) the module with a unit and it will kick in. Do not group (F2) it, for that will not do anything :)

We will add more configuration information to the BiKi soon, but here's some stuff to get you started (ACM reference means either the module itself or one of the units in the group it's synchronized to):

//The intensity value should be a Number between 0.0 and 1.0.
[<intensity | Number>, <ACM reference | Object>] call BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc;

//Distances with the value -1 will leave the distance as it was.
//Distances with a value below -1 will reset to their defaults.
[<ACM reference | Object>, <minimum | Number>, <maximum | Number>] call BIS_ACM_setSpawnDistanceFunc;

//The skill values should be Numbers between 0.0 and 1.0.
[<minimum | Number>, <maximum | Number>, <ACM reference | Object>] call BIS_ACM_setSkillFunc;

//The ammo values should be Numbers between 0.0 and 1.0.
[<minimum | Number>, <maximum | Number>, <ACM reference | Object>] call BIS_ACM_setAmmoFunc;

//You can pass both actual CfgGroups Config entries or class name Strings.
[<ACM reference | Object>, <types | Array of Configs and / or Strings>] call BIS_ACM_addGroupClassesFunc;

//Passing an empty types Array will completely disable the custom database and switch back to the default.
[<ACM reference | Object>, <types | Array of Configs and / or Strings>] call BIS_ACM_removeGroupClassesFunc;

//Pick from: USMC, CDF, RU, INS, GUE.
[<factions | Array of Strings>, <ACM reference | Object>] call BIS_ACM_setFactionsFunc;

//When passing Arrays, these should contain the top-left and bottom-right coordinates.
[<ACM reference | Object>, <types | Array of Arrays and / or Markers and / or triggers>] call BIS_ACM_blacklistAreaFunc;

/*type must be one of "", "ground_patrol", "air_patrol".
Passing an empty type will reset back to the default pool.
Weights should normally be between 0 and 1.
A weight of -1 will remove that patrol type from the pool.*/
[<type | String>, <weight / chance | Number>, <ACM reference | Object>] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;

What does the ACM actually do?

It randomly spawns AI units of all sides which then fight each other....

Here i have a Video here where suddenly Mi24, F35 and M1A2 TUSK Tanks appeared:

What does the ACM actually do?

It can create a war of any size around you as you travel in the world. You can control whether it spawns enemies and friendlies, or just one or the other. You can set which types of units are spawned, so imagine only allowing small infantry groups to spawn in a smaller scenario. It's also important to mention that the ACM cleans up after itself. When you move too far away from dynamically created patrols, they are eventually removed (to prevent the world from being populated with millions of units ;)).

hmm it doesnt do anything when i create it in editor and sync to my sl.

my question is where and how can i change its settings, as i cant see anything in the logics apearance itself how to spawn any soldiers or vehicles or wich side.

do i have to create a script for that ?

Is it possible to activate the ACM at a certain point of time during a mission and not from the beginning? I thought of using a variable to active it during the game. Is this possible? If yes, how?

Yes, you simply synchronize (F5) the module with a unit and it will kick in. Do not group (F2) it, for that will not do anything

We will add more configuration information to the BiKi soon, but here's some stuff to get you started (ACM reference means either the module itself or one of the units in the group it's synchronized to):

Code:

//The intensity value should be a Number between 0.0 and 1.0.

[<intensity | Number>, <ACM reference | Object>] call BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc;

//Distances with the value -1 will leave the distance as it was.

//Distances with a value below -1 will reset to their defaults.

[<ACM reference | Object>, <minimum | Number>, <maximum | Number>] call BIS_ACM_setSpawnDistanceFunc;

//The skill values should be Numbers between 0.0 and 1.0.

[<minimum | Number>, <maximum | Number>, <ACM reference | Object>] call BIS_ACM_setSkillFunc;

//The ammo values should be Numbers between 0.0 and 1.0.

[<minimum | Number>, <maximum | Number>, <ACM reference | Object>] call BIS_ACM_setAmmoFunc;

//You can pass both actual CfgGroups Config entries or class name Strings.

[<ACM reference | Object>, <types | Array of Configs and / or Strings>] call BIS_ACM_addGroupClassesFunc;

//Passing an empty types Array will completely disable the custom database and switch back to the default.

[<ACM reference | Object>, <types | Array of Configs and / or Strings>] call BIS_ACM_removeGroupClassesFunc;

//Pick from: USMC, CDF, RU, INS, GUE.

[<factions | Array of Strings>, <ACM reference | Object>] call BIS_ACM_setFactionsFunc;

//When passing Arrays, these should contain the top-left and bottom-right coordinates.

[<ACM reference | Object>, <types | Array of Arrays and / or Markers and / or triggers>] call BIS_ACM_blacklistAreaFunc;

/*type must be one of "", "ground_patrol", "air_patrol".

Passing an empty type will reset back to the default pool.

Weights should normally be between 0 and 1.

A weight of -1 will remove that patrol type from the pool.*/

[<type | String>, <weight / chance | Number>, <ACM reference | Object>] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;

Awww, is that how you do it? :butbut: Writing down and memorizing lines of code? I'd hoped it would be more user-friendly, seeing as the Editor was advertised as such. Like being able to select the options from a drop-down menu, or something...

It sounds like silola is going to be bored with Arma II as alot of the stuff his DAC system did will be built in :-)

Is it possible to activate the ACM at a certain point of time during a mission and not from the beginning? I thought of using a variable to active it during the game. Is this possible? If yes, how?

Yes: either do not place the ACM in the mission and spawn it (createUnit) at some point. Or you can set the intensity to 0 at the beginning and raise to some value between 0 and 1 when you want to activate it.

You do need to use scripting to manipulate the ACM (and other modules). It's not too hard once it will be fully documented. You can pretty much copy'n'paste the code I posted into an init.sqf and alter it ;)

Hmm can't get it to work... Am I stupid?

-I synced the ACM to the SQL: nada

-I synced the ACM to me: nada

-I didnt sync the ACM to anyone: nada

-I added enemies to the map with sync/no sync: nada

Any help would be appreciated.

Hmm can't get it to work... Am I stupid?

Probably not :)

-I synced the ACM to the SQL: nada

-I synced the ACM to me: nada

All you should have to do is sync it (F5, not F2) and preview the mission. Both options there are valid, since it should work when synced to any of the group's units. Did you run the mission for a little while? The system is not instantly spawning stuff all over the place, but things will ramp up over time. When you set the intensity to 1 (0.5 being default), there should be more and quicker patrols.

Yes: either do not place the ACM in the mission and spawn it (createUnit) at some point. Or you can set the intensity to 0 at the beginning and raise to some value between 0 and 1 when you want to activate it.

You do need to use scripting to manipulate the ACM (and other modules). It's not too hard once it will be fully documented. You can pretty much copy'n'paste the code I posted into an init.sqf and alter it ;)

With the beautyness (for mission makers) of synchronizing and logic (placing stuff in the editor), it might be an idea to add it to the init field of the logic? (maybe as alternative implementation)

Hmm thanks, I will try again.

But - I placed myself down synced F5 not F2 to myself then I previewed and ran around for 15min from town to town - nothing...

anyways thanks for your quick response.

PS- I can just drag and drop and sync right? nothing else? OR do I have to add some script lines?

EDIT: I got it to work somewhat... but I only saw 1 Mi17 fly over and that was it for the remainder of my 30min tour through Chernasuras(sp?)

Edited by Sniper Pilot

It can create a war of any size around you as you travel in the world. You can control whether it spawns enemies and friendlies, or just one or the other. You can set which types of units are spawned, so imagine only allowing small infantry groups to spawn in a smaller scenario. It's also important to mention that the ACM cleans up after itself. When you move too far away from dynamically created patrols, they are eventually removed (to prevent the world from being populated with millions of units ;)).

I cant hold it any longer, i must buy ArmA2 today. :D

What about a simple demo mission DnA for beginner people to understand the setup? :)

What about a simple demo mission DnA for beginner people to understand the setup?

Cool idea. :)

Two quick questions, by the way:

1) When the Ambient Combat -module is activated, where exactly will the soldiers spawn? Randomly all over the place, or can you set this for yourself?

2) Okay, so you have to use scripting to edit the GL. But... how, exactly? When you select the Ambient Combat -module in the editor (Or any Game Logic, for that matter.), what screen appears? Is it like when selecting regular units and objects, and you have the old init field in the middle where you are expected to write a string of code, or is it something new and, dare I say, simpler?

If i want to create a mission which acm will get me support(CDF) with intensity 0.6,40 to 90 meters from reference object what should i do?

Also where do i put the codes of the first page,to the acm or to the team leader???(initialization)

Reference point is the name of team leader?

Hope someone could help thanks..

NeMeSiS: Just imagine this with Zombies. LOL. You're workload just dropped to 10%

BIS, Absolute brilliance in these modules.. Genius.

Can someone help to create an ACM for one specific fanction setting predefined intensity,and distance code for a specific fanction??

If i want to create a mission which acm will get me support(CDF) with intensity 0.6,40 to 90 meters from reference object what should i do?

Also where do i put the codes of the first page,to the acm or to the team leader???(initialization)

Reference point is the name of team leader?

Hope someone could help thanks..

My questions exactly. I don't suppose some has whipped up an example/test mission with the settings of ACM tweaked. I'm assuming all one has to do is copy and paste DnA's code into an init.sqf in the mission's directory, as he explained. That part I think I get. My ineptness arises when I actually look at the code and instructions he posted and then try to figure out what means what and what I need to change.

The best way for me to learn it is to just see it an reverse engineer it. I'm bad with instructions but damn good at figuring stuff out.

"init.sqf" is a special scriptname that gets executed around mission start (or at mission initialisation, I am unsure when exactly).

That means you don't have to execute that script yourself, if it is present in your mission folder it will be executed automaticly.

I'll get some sample missions for this module and other modules as soon as I can, but I also have other tasks to attend to :)

Another hint for experienced scripters: modules need a little time to initialize (this can be super fast, but it's still several milliseconds after the mission starts). It is therefore wise to query whether the module is done initializing and then start changing settings in a script. You may check Boolean variable initDone in the ACM to do that.

waitUntil {!isNil {myFirstACM getVariable "initDone"}};
waitUntil {myFirstACM getVariable "initDone"};