Sign in to follow this  
thyco

Manhatten Bug List

Don't know if this counts as a bug, but I got the "Downed Pilots" (On my first try, lol) and I headed to their position, I radioed command that they were alive (Only 1 was left and he was badly wounded). Then, out of nowhere, I get a message about one of the insurgent camps nearby, which triggered about 5 enemies to run at me. I eaisily dispatched them with my APC but they killed the pilot. Immediately when he died I got a message from the MEDEVAC chopper that they have picked up the pilots and I got a mission accomplished.

I have had more guys hurt by getting out of vehicles in this mission than by getting hit. I swear everytime I tell my men to get out of a ural they jump out and incapacitate themselves and I have to sit there given first aid to all of them. Same with the AAV.

The waypoint for the downed pilots for me appeared about 500m offshore. I decided I wasn't going to rescue them.

EDIT: Just checked and the Mi-8 wreck is actually 1.2km offshore and all I have is my AAV which is not worth the long drive.

Edited by Jakerod

Oh crap... one question - is the campaign playable at all? I collected 3 players to play this campaign as a multiplayer game, we had some difficulties at Razor Two mission, and we past it with great luck (someone of us shot the car with the bad guy (not lepotev but the other one) from the chopper's minigun = succsess complite). Now we are stuck at manhattan, if we meet the lady at the church and bring her to land area - everyone dies because of the huge attack.

Instead of reporting in at the LZ, go back to Manhattan base and load everyone into the LAV (there's 2 available under the camo-net on the right side inside the base (if you enter the base from the road)) then go to the LZ. Engage and knock out the vehicles immediately (you can be the gunner yourself if you the AI is too slow). Unless the chopper already crashed / was shot down before you called it in, you should be fine now.

Edit: Even the hummer by the CheckPoint will do.

Actually really frustrated at this game. After playing through Manhattan for ages I got to take the woman prisoner and she just stood there, wouldnt follow me or anything. So I moved onto the main base and the support unit either didnt arrive or I couldnt call it on the command. Add that to the fact the helo kept crashing at my main base or it just got stuck. So I restarted the mission and now despite restarting the mission for the last hour Captain Shaftoe is dead when I arrive at FOB Manhattan. What the fudge is going on? I know its minor but I spent a lot of time completing FOB Manhattan missions the first time round and now can't complete even the most basic task due to a glitch/bug in the system. I don't want to use any cheats to get by this mission but is there a fix for it (I have updated to the latest version already).

You'll have to wait for further game patches. At least you shouldn't worry that this is a problem for the whole game. Such bugs are always directly mission related. So you could just let this campaign be until BIS has fixed it and continue then.

In the meantime keep your eyes open for custom missions so you have something to play in sp.

I will do and I always enjoy the mods that people put out, I was just hoping to finish this level tonight.

Hi!

Please help me people: I am almost ready with Manhattan mission, I have only 2 objectives left, one to clear the sentry camps, that is no problem cause I know where the last one is. The other, the safehouse objective: I arrive at the safehouse but cannot enter (Once I could enter but I had to restart whole manhattan mission because of installing 1.02 patch) Could anyone tell me how to kill this bug, it takes 3-4 days for me to get here on veteran difficulty PLEASE HELP ME PPL!

Thanx, peace

Edit:

LOL went back to Manhattan FOB, found Shaftoe dead... great game but a big big big bugbag makes me angry................

Edit Vol 2:

passed the mission with endmission cheat

Edited by Михаил

Mission: Manhattan; AA2 Steam 1.02

I have tried several times to "enter" Gorka where the weapons is located. First I drove into it with my APC. Somehow it must have trigged something in the game because the Priest starts talking to me, and a citizen start talking as well....at the same time. I´m still in my veichle parked in the street, infront of the church...

I then order my men to disembark and all the sudden my third man has wondered off/attacking the nearby enemy camp?! wtf? How and why? And he doesn´t obey order to regroup or any other order.

And Yes I would like BiS to offer som expensive cheez to my Whyne....

Edited by droid002

Hello, Lil help please, HOW THE HELL I CAN MAKE AN ASSAULT ON THE MAIN CAMP NOT ALONE! I have waited for so long for the bomeraang radio call and it dosent come. I have the patch 1.02. Do I have to do it over?

At Manhatten base also you are told that you have access to the uav terminal, is it there cos I have looked and looked and cannot locate.

The trailer with the satelite dish on top... there's some kind of terminal there...

As you get close, use the action selection keys and there will be an option called UAV... there will be no indication... you'll just have to do it this way.

Hello, Lil help please, HOW THE HELL I CAN MAKE AN ASSAULT ON THE MAIN CAMP NOT ALONE! I have waited for so long for the bomeraang radio call and it dosent come. I have the patch 1.02. Do I have to do it over?

Yes the call does eventually come. Best way is to stay undetected until it does- although its hardly anyuse. 1 friendly APC with a couple missle soldiers. Its more of a distraction then helpful, although the missle soldiers took out the BMP once. What you are ultimately stuck with is no artillery. I've done all the tasks in this mission except the main base and Im stuck with no arty now, which really sucks ass because that camp is loaded with baddies and I cant work my way around the T-72.

To the guy about UAV, it is there but not for very long. I found it 20 minutes after mission start, it cut a path through the trees.

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/bc4d286a7d2ffe0826824bc205035ef7b71d9343.png

ive never had the problem with my team not doing what i tell them, sometimes thats the thing . Remember to use the space bar, then the 7 key and ppush safe mode then do it again and push STAND UP then tell them to move next to you THEN REGROUP. Try that first. They should all stand up go into safe mode then move to the position you tell them then regroup, yes this isnt very approachable in the middle of a battle, howver ive never had them do anything worng yet in battle. I tel lthem to shoot whatever and they do so far.

But if you cant get them to move, SPACE bar > then 7 button> safe mode, SPACE bar >7Button > stand up mode > then tell them to move next to you > THEN REGROUP.

Bugs I encountered doing this mission:

- Shaftoe dead as soon as I get to the base for the 1st briefing

- Bomb went off as I was entering town, so I couldn't find the bomber as I was pretty far away and had no clue who he was

- Artillery support disappears from the action menu

- The girl you must arrest is nowhere to be seen

- UAV gets shot down even if I order it to fly at 1000 (is it meters or feet?)

- Starforce 21 keeps crashing (not mission specific) (SOLUTION: keep him close to you... by ordering him to come back as soon as you get out.. lots of fuel, so no problem)

- When boarding helo, someone usually gets stuck running towards the tail rotor (not mission specific) (SOLUTION: change to that member and manually board the guy, then switch back to leader)

Edited by Kramxel

Just encountered another one:

- When capturing that guy in Khelm, as I aproached there was no usual report to command... the bomber was still there and ran, the house didn't blew up... I chased and killed him, but again nothing was reported... and the assignment was still unchecked.

Had to load a save I made at the start of the mission, as the ones I made after resulted in the same event.

- Artillery support is non functional in some instances. Even if it's there and if you order it to bomb something, nothing happens.... this has happened a few times already.

- One time at the start of the mission I got stuck in the Osprey when being flushed out... couldn't get free so I went along for the ride as he took off... had to restart it.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

A funny story:

As I was landing in Khelm, Starforce 21 colided mid air with the UAV.... which I had previously set to patrol the area....

That's what I call a 1 in a million!

Edited by Kramxel

I was wondering the same thing. I really hope they fixed it so i can finally continue playing the campaign...

I patched near the end of my campaign testing, so I only have experienced with Dogs of War under the new version. One of the bugs that worked to my advantage is gone, while the "No Factory" bug is still there. Unlike some others, I was able to play the campaign under version 1.02, perhaps I never happened upon the combination of choices that made the bug appear.

Yesterday I gave AA2/Manhattan mission another chance. I reverted the mission from 1.02.

First of all this game is not a game. It´s a piece of some experimental software full of weird bugs.

Mission starts. Everyone jumps into the hummer. Drive up to the hill and report in. I set the waypoint just outside the base. I get out my self. give my men the order to stop. Reporting in etc.

Then I enter the APC as Commander. Order my men to disembark the hummer and enter the APC. Quite simple?

Well player 4 no problem. But where did 2 and 3 go? Well they are running outside the base. I then switch to them and make them stand just next to the APC. Again I order them to enter APC. Player 2 enters but player 3 starts to run towards the base exit?!

I have to manually get him to enter APC. I order them to drive to a nearby city to the north of the base. Well the AI could be better....

I drive into the city Krasnostav.....(I belive the name is) driving myself. Park the APC middle of the street near the church. Everyone is ordered to disembark.

A car comes driving and stops. A woman from a earlier misson starts talking to me. When the conversation ends she enters her car again and drive full with full speed into my parked APC. Well I know that women can´t drive but this is ridiculous! :-)

In the same city I also meet/arrest another woman. Drops here off. No prob this time. Well to be honest I had to save the game just before driving to the LZ. The first time two jeeps attacks me and after a while the chopper comes at full speed right into the enemy camp!? The pilot is still talking to me (from the burning wreck?)...

Well, I reload and this time everything went OK. Drove off to Gorka. Attacked the base first. Then drove into the city. Disembarked myself this time. Walk toward the church. I saw a truck parked through the wooden fence, blocking the path for the priest. Her tries to run through the truck....A few second later I get notified of "blue vs blue" because I killed an important allied?!?! Well killed by BiS programmers perhaps...

Well I felt fooled by BiS buying this game....to say the least...two patches already and still this amount of WEIRD bugs? Is it possible to revert my deal with Steam? I mean return this game? Has anyone done that?

*edit*

I forgot to mention that on my way to Gorka one of my men reports enemy men and starts shooting into the ground. The big problem is that no one is there.....

Edited by droid002

I still have the problem with Patch 1.03 that my artillery-support is gone after it fired for one time. Anyone else having this?

I still have the problem with Patch 1.03 that my artillery-support is gone after it fired for one time. Anyone else having this?

Yeah, but I'm starting to think it's more of a feature than a bug....

It's one and done...

Unless someone confirms it was intended for multiple uses, I'm sticking with my theory...

But there's no info in the notes that I only have one ari-strike.

Maybe some of the developers could say if that is wanted or not...

ive had none of these problems. However, i dont think the helicopter helps you till after you have to try and escape BACK to the carrier, when your trying to flee the island. Then the helicopter support is available for you to escape, its a design decision unfortunately not a bug YOU CAN ONLY USE ARTILLARY ONCE, what do you think "Use it wisely" meens???? the briefing at the very start even says so before the Manhatton mission. Secondly Boomarang ONLY COMES WHEN YOU FIND THE FIELD HOSPITAL , normally a guy in town will tell you that here is a camp East of the hill at that Kra'(the town starting with K,lol :) ). The field hospital comes up on your map in RED. Once you approach the field hospital (ONCE you find it , that is) THEN BOOMARANG comes it can take a long time so you can do the mission without Boomarang and they still will arrive, its simple really. You shoot the Nikilai guy At the enemy field hospital , boomarang arrives misson done completed. ... OVER!!!. SIMPLE. The mission wont end if there are still enemies alive so make sure you check ALL the tents and medical bays surrounding the camp, some guys hide under beds and suff.

Tip DO NOT STRAY AWAY FROM YOUR MISSION ,FOLLOW THE MARKERS dont think of this game as a grand theft auto where you can just go wherever you want and do mission whatever you feel like. Do missions one at at time and step by step and LISTEN to the locals. As soon as you arrest that or shoot that Nikilai guy when you FIND the field hospital, the Manhatton mission will end and you will then be told to go back to the FOB Manhatton base. The missions themselves in Arma 2 are alot more linear than we all expected, because if you go to anywhere you want on the map while you are doing your missions , you get SHOT by invisible enemies you cant see.

Again you have to understand that this game is hard, its not easy ,the PLAYER has to hold the hand of your team mates and Ai. the game however, does not hold YOUR hand when ordering guys around be methodical, precise with ordering guys and understand the games flaws by practising in editing mode with your troop ordering and remember the SPACE BAR and 7 button. The bugs you guys are refferring to arent even bugs. FOLLOW the markers. Also i recommend only using the helicopter to escape when told at the END of the mission that the Manhatton FOB HQ has been attacked to escape the island. Dont use it before hand, just use the APC's to get around in the Manhatton missions. If you stray to far away from the mission at hand which is FIND THE FIELD HOSPITAL and kill main guy there, you will get lost and you wont do the mission properly and you will start thinking that its bugged. I got through Manhatton first go without any of these issues you people have brought up.

Before you even play the campaign mode i recommend you go to editor, create some units, and order your guys around for a bit, its fun and youll learn the flaws of the game alot easier than trying to learn them WHILE you are playing the campaign mode with enemies shooting you......:):):)

Edited by nyran125

I still think that the killzone idea in Manhattan was poorly implemented. I also wasted an hour trying to get back to the southern shore for extraction, only to be killed by magic RPGs if in a hummer or magic snipers if on foot. It should have been stated in the briefing that those areas were heavily mined, or something that would give a plausible explanation for why you can't simply leave the area.

don't know it that's mentioned before. but arty and starforce bug still exist in 1.05. no chance getting arty to work (it disappeared after selecting it), starforce isn't available either. "uav destroyed" message after using feature without ever seeing a dialogue screen. wtf?