Sign in to follow this  
Baron von Beer

.paa plugin + photoshop work with Arma2?

Tried Kegetys' PAA plugin, and Photoshop fails to open most .paa files I've tried so far. Anyone else had any luck with it?

I don't think they can open the PAA files, I wasn't having any luck with the dreaded plug-in, or with TexView2.

confirmed I wasn't able to open any paa files from arma2. Photoshop and texview2 both failed.

file sizes of the arma2 textures are kinda odd. its possible they are binarized or encrypted

I think they're going to do a "QG"-like Addon first.

I hope not. I would prefer something like what we had with OFP, as a real patch.

I updated my paa photoshop plugin to handle the ArmA 2 compressed paa textures. (Opening only, the game can read the "old" noncompressed paa's as well). Get it from my site. There's an updated cpbo as well with an optional simple GUI for extracting PBOs.

Thanks Kegetys!

Indeed! Thanks!

I updated my paa photoshop plugin to handle the ArmA 2 compressed paa textures. (Opening only, the game can read the "old" noncompressed paa's as well). Get it from my site. There's an updated cpbo as well with an optional simple GUI for extracting PBOs.

I love you.

Abs

thanks man! :) these tools are a true staple of arma (2) modding.

thanks kegetys,havin' trouble with cpbo and vista tho,eliteness works a charm so no biggie,but ive never been able to get it to work with vista ;(

Kegetys,

Thanks so much mate, really appreciate your efforts on your tools and everything else. I've already retextured a few BIS infantry models (after editing the ODOL P3Ds by hand) and the PAA plugin works fantastically well!

Although honestly, not surprised coming from you.

Jamie.

thanks kegetys,havin' trouble with cpbo and vista tho,eliteness works a charm so no biggie,but ive never been able to get it to work with vista ;(

You have to right click it and make sure you run it as administrator. I went through the same problem.

Kegetys, I'm having a problem getting the paa plugin to work. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and PS CS4. I placed the plugin in the plugins folder, but no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Monty

One question...

Where can i find the transparency of glass?

There is no alphalayer in the paa files

[Edit]: never mind... It seems PSE doesn't support alphachannel

Edited by =(+)=TheVoodoo

Anyway to convert ArmA2 texture files without Photoshop? I don't use the software but PaintShop instead. I don't really want to find Photoshop to convert the textures.

The PAA plugin does not work with a 64-bit version of Photoshop :(

The PAA plugin does not work with a 64-bit version of Photoshop :(

I'm running the 64-bit version of photoshop and I can't get it to work either. I made a post about it earlier in this thread, but I haven't heard anything back.