Sign in to follow this  
JdB

Invasion 1944 - D-Day v1.0 released

Very much looking forward to it!

Is there a mission out there with big tank battles for I44 - or something crCTI similar like?

I dont think worthy to spend time for such mission for them now. Anyway, could do by ourself to make such a big battle...

Any of you guys playing I44 on that one Australian server? If so, are there pretty good amount of people playing it on any given hour?

The server has had a bit of down time lately, seems to crash a few times a day, not sure why as we have an ACE mod server that runs fine. The version on warfare on omaha also causes a max memeory issue on the server, so we are looking into it, trying to find the cause, so hopefully it can be fixed in the future. I haven't been seeing many people on it, just a few now and then, unless our clan jumps on, then we have about 5-8 people

Hi guys I haven't downloaded this cool mod yet, but what US Army Divisions are in this mod? Thank you

Happy 4th of July!!!

what US Army Divisions are in this mod?

1st Infantry Division and 2nd Ranger battalion.

Seems not workable. By way, any latest news for upcoming patch? Although ARMA2 is coming, still waiting for this.

I answered bigstone's question through PM, the mod was not designed to work with any other mod/addon. If it happens to work, you're in luck. We have no intention of making it compatible with any mod/addon.

By way, any latest news for upcoming patch? Although ARMA2 is coming, still waiting for this.

About a week (maybe two) ago I said that the patch would take 1-3 weeks to complete, which was our estimate at the time. That was before we found out that a whole lot of us are going on vacation at the same time. Because of this, the patch is probably going to be delayed for anything between 2 weeks and 2 months.

So the bottomline is: It's great weather outside, go out, do something nice with your girlfriend (/boyfriend), friends or family, and check back here later.

i cant get this to work i tryed all shortcuts line of arma and QG but it wil allways launch stock arma

edit oke i got it working now but is this only just addons no missions and campaing

Edited by Richieb0y

I flank the tiger with the Sherman. see if I can put one up they're booty. I love the Sherman tank. the underdog you know.

We would like to inform you all of the situation. We are currently packing the release candidate of the v1.1 patch, that will be privately tested and released if no major issues are found. It will be the last patch for ArmA1. Once it is released, all work on ArmA1 will end, and we will fully switch over to ArmA2.

For ArmA2, we have taken most of the major decisions regarding subject and content, of which we will inform you after the release of the patch for ArmA1.

We do not have any release dates planned other than: "As soon as possible".

Changelog (provisional, things may be added/omitted)

Added:

- Sherman Firefly (to balance the advantage of the German armour especially for MP use in games with fewer players (real-life 4:1 ratio not attainable)), as well as other Sherman variants like the Sherman(76);

- US tank crew;

- Calibrated sights on all Allied tank, as well as on the Tiger, Puma, StuG and StuH, if a tank hasn't got them, it's due to lack of time (we'll do our best);

- Resupply vehicles (ammo, fuel and repair) for the US side, German ones as well although it uses the standard Opel Blitz without canopy, visually different ones will be added in ArmA2;;

- Ammoboxes

- Main menu cutscene for the Omaha "island";

- Multiplayer missions I44_COOP_Aloft_1-16, I44_COOP_Battery_1-16 and I44_COOP_Invasion_1-32

- Tank shell ballistics coding;

- C-47 from OFP, unoptimized, but should be ok for missions;

- Added some LODs to various items.

Fixed:

- Put in the right (newest) omahapbo and campaignpbo, 1.0 release contained older versions;

- Screaming and bleeding out was accidentally disabled in the first release;

- Mounted MG have zero dispersion;

- Tiger's Radio Operator MG realigned;

- Sight script error fixed;

- Parachute ground object fixed;

- Other misc. fixes.

Changed:

- Wounded scripts to help MP missions;

- Improved first campaign mission;

- Bullet impacts on dirt toned down (harder to see at distance now, before it was too bright).

Great news! Seems so many stuff would be added on this time, especially for those awesome powerful allies' armors. Now the poor Yankee and british could be saved from Tiger and panther's knock...

great news guys!

Sorry i havent posted in a while been pretty busy with my Realism unit for Red Orchestra.

I have a question for the team , and maybe one of the I44 guys would know how to do it or if its even possible.

My question is about having a historical accuracy for german, and im sure american tanks for ww2. Now the Panzer commanders used binoculars when they were turned out of their cupola to look around for possible targets or basically the enemy, TRoc Im sure u guys know him is working on a Ostfront mod for arma2 and has alot completed already, but working on small various projects for the mod, so lol finally my question is:

How can we get binoculars to be used when a tank commander is turned out of his cupola, and is it possible?

I ask this because the mod for Arma 2 has basically useing the limitations for now of the current setup for tanks, Im sure TRoc would know how or understand how to do it but I figured i'd ask you guys since you all have been aroud in the community a long time, any idea on how to make binoculars possible for the tank commander?

just my thoughts, looking forward to your patch.

When you guys are headed for Arma2 let me know if I can be of any help.

Gunter

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Frankly, I prefer them to focus on more solider variations instead of costing their time on somethings like Binocular animation...

no one said they were working on it, i asked a question to see if they knew how to do it, or what to do.

As there is a Ostfront mod that is being made for Arma 2 which TRoc is working on, and im trying to get more information for him, im sure he has an idea, from what he has created so far.

I would like to see more soldier variations myself, but as stated it was but a question i asked, if I44 guys decide to implement the idea which is realitic for WW2, and i really dont understand why its not in there, then they will.

I think as fans the best thing we can do is to geive I44 feedback and and ideas of what can possibly be done ect., U never know they are things overlooked sometimes, but the point being feedback helps them adjust things accordingly, we could call it a bug hunt, or beta testing.

Looking forward to the I44 patch

Regretfully, it seems they've got their own plan for the Mod. And usually, the reply to such requests from them might be that they only consider what they are planning to do and doing now.

Regretfully, it seems they've got their own plan for the Mod. And usually, the reply to such requests from them might be that they only consider what they are planning to do and doing now.

Kudos to your psychic abilities!:cool:

We do have our own plans, which for ArmA1 are rather brief. Release the 1.1 patch, switch to ArmA2 and don't look back. That's why any suggestions will be considered for ArmA2 and not ArmA1, we want to be done with that game as soon as possible. You can suggest general features (features common to a type of addon, like the suggestion of binoculars for commanders in tanks) on things that are already planned (so not extra soldier camo variations, new vehicles, new branches etc since we won't deviate from our own plans unless we see a reason to) for ArmA2. Of course a suggested feature may turn out to be impossible/too troublesome to implement, or may not fit into the things we have planned, so there are no guarantees.

I can't say too much about the ArmA2 plans yet (they will be explained after the ArmA1 patch has been released), but I don't really have to since these would be general suggestions (non item-specific), and it will contain infantry, tanks, halftracks, wheeled vehicles and a few aircraft, so you can brainstorm on features for those areas :)

Edited by JdB

Please explain further.. are there any messages that come up afterwards or are you running the mod with anything else?

Very high quality work! looking forward to hearing the wounded screams in the patch, btw

any chance of class names weapons and units etc..

regards

btw

any chance of class names weapons and units etc..

regards

To quote our coder:

"If you dePBO the I44_base_*.pbo files, you'll see all the classnames you need."

I launched Invasion1944-ArmA_Mod_v1.p.exe.

Then, the mod installs himself to C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA

But ArmA isn't installed in this folder.(J:\ArmA)

So I moved @I44 folder and the file inside the campaign folder to my ArmA folder.

In the mod's shortcut, I changed the target for the ArmA folder location (J:\ArmA\arma.exe)

There, I launch the game with the mod's shortcut.

I can see the campaign, but when I launch it, the game (ArmA) can't do anything... It doesn't lauch...

So I have to restart my computer...

When you open the @I44 folder do you see the addons folder immediately?

When you open the @I44 folder do you see the addons folder immediately?

You always see the "Addons" folder immediately, the problem is that he (probably) didn't check the content of the folder (another "Addons" folder inside it, would have solved the issue immediately) to see if looks like it is supposed to, or didn't checked the usual places for a fix. That place being our [Troubleshooting] thread (2nd post explains it).

Edited by JdB